Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Future of the mod

Prospect gold nuggets from sand.
Steal gems from other civs. (simulated by reaction)
Prospect fuel from peat-clay. (collect clay on a peat surface)
Witchers, magic melee
Hexers, magic ranged/support
Hypnotoad, special pet with crazy fortress-wide interactions
More religion, praying, offerings

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: ☼Kobold Camp☼ [v.05] - Release included in MasterworkDF. And a new poll ;)  (Read 39520 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Have you noticed, Are your master thieves all from the castes that have the Vanish into air ability? (Air star signs)

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, I've been wanting to make a peat that was harvestable like clay for ages.  I thought it was another one of my modding pipe dreams until I saw it on your list of things that could be added to Kobold camp!

If I could have voted for it twice, I would have...

And if you do ever add it, let me know if you want help on how peat works in the real world.

fasquardon

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

> Have you noticed, Are your master thieves all from the castes that have the Vanish into air ability? (Air star signs)

Oh yes.  Upon checking, I update my remark about it "might having to do with caste" to say it's definitely that.  They're all air signs.  I wonder if there's a way to kick them out of their slow-poke stalker mode (many of them never stop sneaking, even when carrying clay boulders to patch up a ceiling).  Not that having a couple dozen Legendary+5 ambushers isn't nice.  It's too bad there's not a way to make success/death in the Thieves' Tunnel more or less certain based upon skill... I cannot send kid-bolds to their deaths fast enough given the rate at which more are born (so the 75% death, 25% success is fine), but it'd be nice if my master thief had a better chance.

Very interested in my question about the flies, though. :-)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Very interested in my question about the flies, though. :-)
>>  Or were they removed from the raws in some way?... because, cheating or not, I love it and would love to remove flies

it was several questions stacked on top of each other, some of which I had no idea how to parse like "am I not seeing it?" ;) 
Flies are (still) the first creature in creature_insects.txt, if you want to remove, delete there...

ed.  They do seem to lack [UBIQUITOUS], which they (i think) have in vanilla
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:52:47 am by smakemupagus »

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like, "Answer my question, dammit!" it was just something I was very curious about and didn't want to see it glossed over and forgotten about 'cos I did touch on a lot of subjects/topics in which it could get lost.  And, damn, I dunno if it ever occurred to me that it could be as simple as deleting flies or altering them in the raws.  I imagine I got confused between the singular entry in the files and the swarms of flies encountered in the game.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

No problem, just wasn't really sure what you were asking.
Yes, it really is as simple as altering them in the raws, that is pretty much what modding is all about :)
VERMIN_MICRO is the token that gives them swarm behavior.

cibo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rock = Clay, clay boulders and bricks should do it. Might have to balance it a bit though. Kobold camp is more or less just a BETA atm.

Cauldrons and ladles should be normal tools from the craftsbold. Same menu you use to make hives, pots, jugs...

I can't find Cauldrons and Ladles in Craftbold in Masterwork DF v2h. I am sure I check the menu with hives , pots....

But I saw them in v2f before. Is that bug or change setting?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Rock = Clay, clay boulders and bricks should do it. Might have to balance it a bit though. Kobold camp is more or less just a BETA atm.

Cauldrons and ladles should be normal tools from the craftsbold. Same menu you use to make hives, pots, jugs...

I can't find Cauldrons and Ladles in Craftbold in Masterwork DF v2h. I am sure I check the menu with hives , pots....

It seems a fairly consistent fuckup. For some reason they're there for some people, not for others (read: me).

cibo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems a fairly consistent fuckup. For some reason they're there for some people, not for others (read: me).

I know what's wrong with it now.

Launch Settings.exe and we will see the default Tileset is Phoebus.
Check the first 2 items settings in item_tool.txt in folder MasterworkDF\Dwarf Fortress\raw\objects\, both [HARD_MAT].
Close Notepad and change Tileset to any other then check item_tool.txt every time change Tileset.
See? They become [METAL_MAT] !

When gen a new world, system copy all settings to region.
So, if we gen a new world with Phoebus, we can see Ladles and Cauldrons in Craftbold even change to other Tilesets after gen.
But if we gen new world with others, we never see them in list even change back to Phoebus.
We can try to fix them just rewrite [METAL_MAT] with [HARD_MAT] in SAVE\REGION\RAW\OBJECTS\item_tool.txt .

But I am wondering maybe we can gen world correctly with Phoebus only.
Only mod makers know why and maybe other bugs like this if we don't use Phoebus.
So ~ the way to make sure game work well is gen world with phoebus then change to other tileset we want.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:00:20 am by cibo »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

cibo, you are awesome.

Tools have tilenumbers, thats why I have seperate files for each tileset. But changing the vanilla tool-file is something I didnt do before, because I put all new tools into its own file... that would hve taken me forever to figure out. Well done.

Will be fixed next release.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cibo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

cibo, you are awesome.

Tools have tilenumbers, thats why I have seperate files for each tileset. But changing the vanilla tool-file is something I didnt do before, because I put all new tools into its own file... that would hve taken me forever to figure out. Well done.

Will be fixed next release.

:D
I am glad that help you make this mod better. :D
Can't wait a new one. :D

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On a semi-related side note, being able to make wooden ladles and cauldrons really helped out a lot. A lot of the other workshops were dependent upon those and it seemed like it forced you into setting up a metalworking industry whether you wanted to or not (or had the capability to do so).

Adelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I've found a bug with one of the training buildings... the building used for training soldiering skills (don't have my install or manual handy, so I forget the name) seems to vanish in a puff of smoke or dust as soon as it gets used once.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What can we do with the toad right now?

Armokh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I've Voted on magic infantry, cause it seems to solve problems with kobolds being so weak.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14