Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Future of the mod

Prospect gold nuggets from sand.
Steal gems from other civs. (simulated by reaction)
Prospect fuel from peat-clay. (collect clay on a peat surface)
Witchers, magic melee
Hexers, magic ranged/support
Hypnotoad, special pet with crazy fortress-wide interactions
More religion, praying, offerings

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: ☼Kobold Camp☼ [v.05] - Release included in MasterworkDF. And a new poll ;)  (Read 39467 times)

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp [v.01] for ☼MASTERWORK☼ - Poll and building preview
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2013, 12:49:35 pm »

BUT CLAY ? You just give the "collect clay" order from the kiln, and the kobolds collect unlimited boulders of clay from 1 tile of clay-soil. Wow. I didnt knew that. I thought you would have to burn it first.

But hey, unlimited clay walls and houses for everyone. :D

Fits well with the primitive vibe of kobolds, I see raw clay walls as just bigh piles of dirt, twigs, and mud.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2013, 01:04:21 pm »

Machete slingshots.
Nuff said.

Shistus kobolds.
  Thick fur, sharp fangs. Good wrestlers and biters. Alcohol dependent. Lose skills (skill roll adjust) and shrink (CE_BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER) when has gone without alcohol for too long. Turn to mud when killed.

Greengus kobolds
  Good weapon masters, bad social skills. Become resistant to attacks (material force multiplier) and get NOFEAR when become combat hardened.

Viistus kobolds
  At peace with wildlife, can put hostile animals to sleep, can transform into strong animal (when fleeing), get penalties when cave adapted.

Mazgtis kobolds
  Can spit fireballs, fire resistant materials, good smelters/smiths (other kobolds are bad at that).

Chuzak kobolds
  Spiked shell (protects body), can shoot spikes, poisonous blood. Explode in acidic cloud when killed.

Reezus kobolds
  Good archers, good social skills, can hide (invisibility) when fleeing, get slower when long time without a break.

Obviously I pulled those names out of my ass, but you can get more creative than "this caste learns these skills better". Brainstorm!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

travellersside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2013, 01:30:03 pm »

A few suggestions to throw into the mix

Snake: Poison bite attack. May as well have someone using the bite skill for once.
Frog: Amphibious. The game still won't have them path through water, but at least they wouldn't drown.
Lizard: Tougher hide. Nothing else, just skin as tough as leather armour.
Butterfly: Once in their life, with a very, very long delay, let them transform into themselves, thus giving them a single healing rebirth.
Cutebold: Slow_learner and immune to animal hostility (For the amusement value, if nothing else)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2013, 02:34:44 pm »

@smake: That sounds good. :) Any chance I can convince you to write those ? :P

Oh, that didn't count as writing them?  lol ;)
is time to go to work now but if you like I'll take a crack at writing some of these up in a few hours.  can you post the current creature file?

I like Deon's more creative ideas too, if you say which fit your idea for the civ I can try those too.  Some things I have no idea how to do though like the "combat hardening".
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:38:21 pm by smakemupagus »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2013, 03:01:44 pm »

You could combine my ideas with yours. It would be perfect.

There's a counter called COMBATHARDNESS.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2013, 03:07:10 pm »

combat hardening would be like the legion dwarf. more strength, endurance, healing rates, less pain receptors...
EDIT: @smake: Ignore this, I understand what you mean now. @deon: Thats an awesome idea.

I am actually one of the few people that disliked the caste system Old Genesis had. It was creative, sure, but I constantly forgot what a shroom dwarf, obsidian dwarf, something dwarf does... The ones I use in Masterwork for dwarves are super-idiot proof. But I saw tha gameplay difference with the orc castes in orc fortress. So I am up for a chance of pace. :)

It just gets difficult when you have a caste that is good at fighting, but the individual is not. Or you have a caste that is good for ... crafting, but the guy is a beast in combat. Its harder to seperate them clearly.

Current creature file is unchanged and included in the mod. You should already have it. (cant post it because 40000 character limit)

I wont code on them for now, and do other things. I like your (smakes) sign idea, I would need a witcher and a hexer (the two mages I want to do) but besides that its fair game. Whatever you like. Deons things are of course more complicated to write, and I like the different skills/combat abilities... but my pet peeve is that a fireball spitting dude and a spiked shell acid dudette gives birth to a mud dude. WOW. That does not work. ^^ Too much biological difference. Character fine, skills fine, and something like your Dreamwalkers. Rare ability people are born with.

Seriously, if you are up for it, then I will take your castes. I have several hundrets of reaction ahead of me. :) Still working on inedible meat from ogres. ^^
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:08:41 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2013, 03:09:45 pm »

That's why I said it's better to separate castes by unique abilities rather than skills. I've noticed that design flaw in old genesis.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2013, 03:13:02 pm »

I'm no modder yet and I hope you know I fully have in mind how difficult it is, just thought I'd help brainstorm. You've done an amazing job with everything.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2013, 03:14:06 pm »

What I have done on this was actually quite easy so far. Its just... a lot. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2013, 03:40:55 pm »

:) take your time! I my self as far as castes go would prefer for the kobolds to not change much physically, I agree it should more just make certain bolds slightly more apt to certain things or in rare cases be blessed with a magical affinity.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2013, 04:51:37 pm »

Well, I got Ogres down to a very small amount of meat (thats ok), they can be upgraded with an AoE stun attack (give them a  tree trunk), or armor them with 5 different sorts of materials.

Paupers Pub can play 3 songs, similar to the music stage.

Poison Cookery works, its a copy of the toxicist.

Thieving works, you can steal from dwarves, humans, elves, drow and caravans for now. 25% of loot, 75% chance that the kobold dies.

Embarking on caves is fun, you get down to the first cavern. :)

Thatchery works. :) Firepit works. :)

Edit: Clay Oven and Batch Clay Oven works. :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:13:53 pm by Meph »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2013, 05:14:48 pm »

Thatchery works. :) Firepit works. :)

Thats a deadly combination :D

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2013, 05:20:59 pm »

Wicker isn't currently flammable.  I know because I tried to make a Wicker Burning Man workshop when we first started playing with magma generation :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2013, 05:31:12 pm »

Yeah, but even a wooden workshop should hold magma, no?

Psychoactive Toads are pets... I will now spend some time figuring out what the toadlicker and shroomshop actually does. No idea yet.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2013, 05:40:48 pm »

Hmm, I dunno, that's a good question now that you mention it.  Magma-cisterns are always made of steel pipe sections in Orc Fortress.  Maybe I should remove that requirement for potential !!FUN!!.

Workshops made of bone or wood can burn down in a regular fire, right?

>> I will now spend some time figuring out what the toadlicker and shroomshop actually does. No idea yet.

Ha, well, I was about to ask you, since I have a Bullfrog starsign caste.  Even if you don't know what it does yet, do you know what skill it will use? ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:42:23 pm by smakemupagus »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14