Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of place should we embark?

Evil as can be! (Unfortunately this may not be a viable option, as evil=irradiated)
- 3 (37.5%)
A wild forest.
- 2 (25%)
In the middle of a desert.
- 2 (25%)
Flat plain/shrubland.
- 1 (12.5%)
Jaggy hills/mountain.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: DF Fallout Mod: Amatorlaboro, Loverworks (FUN... FUN never changes.)  (Read 11719 times)

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile

I have found our embark spot!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will begin playing, first update will be here shortly, and then I'll just edit it until it gets rather large, then start the next update, and so on and so forth.

Just to be clear, we will be following the traditional succession game rules. Everyone rules for one year, then passes the save onto the next overseer. You may request an extra year, if it's alright with everyone.

When creating a world, use one of the pre-selected advanced parameter sets, they're made to make use of all the new (FUN) things he added. A normally created world does not.

Fallout Mod Thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122578.0

Current Overseer List:
1. Vayaviya Vayu
2. Deon
3. Greasemunky
4. Glloyd
5. CognitiveDissonance
6. Big_James_B

Legend: Hasn't started, Currently playing, Finished turn

Overseers are always welcome!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:13:44 am by Vayaviya Vayu »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: A Succession Game Using Deon's Fallout Mod?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 05:04:34 pm »

Don't have time to join right now, but would follow with interest :) good luck

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 01:57:53 pm »

I would definitely make a turn, and I would love to see this.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 02:41:06 pm »

Don't have time to join right now, but would follow with interest :) good luck

I'm sure it'll be quite the show! I dunno if there's ever even been a succession fort vault using the Fallout Mod.

I would definitely make a turn, and I would love to see this.

Oh well hey there Deon :)
I'd love to include the creator of this fantastic mod! I'm sure this here succession game will be pretty interesting.

One more person and we can get this thing rollin'.

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 03:28:34 pm »

I'd be down for a turn in this.
And hey, fps rose from 4 to 12 from all the death.  That's good, right?

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 06:03:38 pm »

I'd be down for a turn in this.

It shall be done. And so, we begin the game... Tomorrow. Just to see if anyone else might want to vote on an embark place.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: A Succession Game Using Deon's Fallout Mod? (Starting tomorrow, so vote!)
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 06:06:35 pm »

Okay, since you wait until tomorrow, I will release a new version in a few hours. I have something in mind, namely placeholder reactions which I could use for future updates without requirement for an update.

As for the embark, you should definitely grab a piece of an evil area. Just a corner, it should add a lot of fun.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 06:11:24 pm »

Okay, since you wait until tomorrow, I will release a new version in a few hours. I have something in mind, namely placeholder reactions which I could use for future updates without requirement for an update.

As for the embark, you should definitely grab a piece of an evil area. Just a corner, it should add a lot of fun.

I'll be sure to update the .zip when it's released  :)
And I agree, a lil' bit of evil is always nice FUN. Zombie turkeys and whatnot. I'll see what I can do.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 07:23:45 pm »

There's no zombie resurrection in Fallout mod in evil areas. They are supposed to be areas infested with rad and FEV monsters. You will see cooler enemies this way.

There are also radioactive rains, clouds and contaminated fallout. So make sure you pick evil only as a part of your embark area so you have outside surface to live on.

If you somehow manage to find an area which has an evil and a good corner, it would be even more awesome. If you don't mind lovecraftian monsters, that is :). I used to have a fort in such area.

P.S. If you pick a savage area, you are going to see fire ants, cazadors, fire geckos and deathclaws. So those too may be "fun".

P.P.S. To sum up, if you find a location where you can get a corner of a terrifying area (terrifying = evil + savage), you are going to have a LOT of !!FUN!!. It would be a nice challenge too.
I am adding AM rifle today, so it should be possible to survive that.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 07:33:54 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 07:55:11 pm »

As I said, I'll try my best to include some evilness, but the possibility of good/evil seems slim :P
I'll find ourselves a nice little slice of FUN, don't you worry.
Can't wait for that update! Anti-material rifles sure do sound effective against... Everything.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 09:40:53 pm »

The update is out. Now it's time to sleep, almost 7 AM here already :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 10:55:41 pm »

The update is out. Now it's time to sleep, almost 7 AM here already :D.

You've done well comrade. Sleep well.

TomatoWalrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I am one of the tomatos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 11:13:59 pm »

PTW and maybe be dorfed (they are still dwarfs in this mod?) if you're doing that.
Sadly, I don't have time to actually play a succession fort right now.
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 12:44:48 am »

There are no dwarves, you play as vault citizens. Not a lot of difference though, you still have to see similar social problems :).

I slept for 2 hours, my son woke me up. So here's a couple of suggestions which should make the game more interesting.

0) It is a given, make the biggest map with advanced settings (CONTINENT title) for most interesting world. Check before embarking that there're all "visible" civs present (supermutants, wastelanders, ghouls, cannibals). Skulking civs are not visible on embark screen.
1) Possible evil area, make sure it does not cover the whole map. It will bring bad weather, mutants and a few secret things.
2) Possible savage area, it will bring deathclaws, fire ants, giant radscorpions and a lot of other possible death.
3) Possible good area, it will provide us with some green grass and lovecraftian monsters.

4) Something to consider: avaliability of sand and clay is important. Especially sand, because it's glass and concrete. Concrete is a great way to build aboveground structures, we will want at least one source of sand.
5) Bring 1-2 securitrons (not trained, dump starting points from crutches/buckets/splints), you will not feel sorry about that and it can save the fort early on.
6) Make sure there're "trees" on the map (scrap piles are trees, you will need them for many things).

There are a lot of other minor things, but please consider those points :).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:48:43 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 03:51:37 am »

You and I think a lot alike it seems, Deon. I always include sand and clay in my embark sites whenever possible, and I was planning on including them both in this embark as well. Aren't Securitrons, even untrained, still rather expensive? I like to include a breeding pair of Brahmin in my embark, and I usually have to remove my splints and crutches just for that. I'm considering bumping up points for embark by a hundred or two, or I suppose I could exclude the Brahmin and just trade for them later.

Seeing as a wild forest is winning in the votes, I do believe high savagery and trees won't be a problem. The good part might, I actually didn't know where the Lovecraftian monsters spawned until now, I never embarked on a good site in the mod before. It sure sounds like an interesting combination. Shooting a Deep One with an AM rifle sounds awesome.

Thank you for all the suggestions, and sorry to hear the joys of parenting got you :P
You posted the new version in the new thread, I'm assuming? What all changes did you make? I would go download and check but I'm currently posting this from my phone.

TomatoWalrus, ye shall be... Citizen'd(?).

EDIT: Oh, well looks like we have a tie :P I'll still try my best, wherever we end up going, to get a high savagery high evil spot, and a good amount of trees all over if possible.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:59:43 am by Vayaviya Vayu »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11