Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 51

Author Topic: Arena Deus! (The End: Closure)  (Read 51057 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game III - Round 2: Making New Friends)
« Reply #495 on: May 22, 2013, 01:09:19 am »

Behead oneshot, unless he dead then random target.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 22, 2013, 04:26:33 am »

"These people are bloody INSANE! I can't take on more than one!"

Shoot at leatherface again.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 22, 2013, 08:56:07 am »

(where on earth did my -2 to defend come from?)

''Ai, yai yai, this keeps up I'll be the joke character in this damn arena. 'Oh, there's Oneshot. How quickly will he die? WHO KNOWS!?' Fricken JOKE likes!''

Pounding a robot was no longer fun, not without his gun or a lung. Still, an idea. This was a robot. Robots can be programmed. Pity he didn't know how the heck to do that.

''ME FRIEND! YOU ALLY! ME USE YOU AS SHIELD COS I APPARENTLY SUCK!'' Oneshot shouted, picking the robot up to use him as a shield/active weapon. All on the assumption he somehow survives the onslought about to hit him.
In the INCREDIBLY HIGH CHANCE he doesn't make it, he in his last moments looks for his gun.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 22, 2013, 03:43:16 pm »

"Me not an it!"

Kill the whittle lizard who hurt me and eat him! (Tyop intentional.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 22, 2013, 03:47:36 pm »

(where on earth did my -2 to defend come from?)

The Rifle gives a -2 to defense, and I'm pretty sure that you're ability only affected your gun skills offensively for the past rounds.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 22, 2013, 06:07:25 pm »

... bugger. I forgot. Yeah, think you're right there. Yep, Oneshot definately needs a workover. I've never got that +4 off, ever XD.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 22, 2013, 06:17:42 pm »

... bugger. I forgot. Yeah, think you're right there. Yep, Oneshot definately needs a workover. I've never got that +4 off, ever XD.

Ironic how he's done a lot more damage unarmed than with his gun.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 22, 2013, 06:40:34 pm »

Oneshot confirmed for hidden pugilist extraordinaire? That's how he did the most damage against Hoyt also.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 23, 2013, 06:09:36 am »

I think he's actually done more damage without his gun overall in all of your arenas, predating this set. :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 23, 2013, 06:15:48 am »

Maybe that should be an ability?

"Not So Great: Oneshot IV takes -1 to damage with his rifle but gets +1 to unarmed damage."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 24, 2013, 10:46:27 pm »

"|)13, 5|_|><0.-3.-! \|/|-|0 8.-1|\|92 A a><3 70 A 360 |\|05(0|>3 |<0|\|7357?" (For all you who can't read advanced leetspeak, " dI3, 5UcK3r! wH0 8RiN92 4 4X3 70 4 360 n05C0P3 k0n7357?") Jim says as he 360 no scope headshots the giant lumberjack
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game III - Round 3: Can't Catch a Break)
« Reply #506 on: May 27, 2013, 08:16:23 pm »

Game III - Round 3: Can't Catch a Break

"These people are bloody INSANE! I can't take on more than one!" The Doctor comments to himself. In all his adventures, none had as many strange characters as the scenario he was currently dropped into. Still, he had work to do, as Leatherface would be a direct threat if he was not taken care of quickly. Laying down prone, Doctor Who aims his rifle at the serial killer. (3+3+2 vs. 5-1) As the bullet leaves the chamber of the rifle, something strange happens. The rifle twitches faster than the human eye can see, and is at hits Leatherface in the back, he gets hit multiple times despite only one bullet being shot. The hits rip through him, and he falls over flatly, losing hold of his chainsaw. (-9 HP)
Leatherface has been disarmed of his Chainsaw!
The Doctor appreciates his marksmanship, as it will be one less foe to deal with. This only lasts a moment however, as Leatherface rises to his feet. He definitely suffers multiple wounds on his body, but that does not seem to impede his movements at all.

Leatherface looks around. He's hurt, and his weapon has rolled away somewhere below. He went to look for it, waddeling across the sand's surface. He had no luck, but stumbled upon something else entirely. He saw Oneshot the Sniper smashing Robo-Mundy into the ground with his foot. Leatherface decides that Oneshot's skin would make pretty good carpet. The lunatic charges at Oneshot, (6 vs. 4) tackling him and pushing him off of Robo-Mundy. Oneshot tries to get out of Leatherface's grip, but the latter attacks him with a flurry of harsh punches and stompings that only a brutal murderer would use. (-6 HP) He nearly finishes Oneshot off, but grows board of the attack. You know what would make things a lot better? A chainsaw. He leaves the battered and broken Oneshot to go search again for his weapon.

While Oneshot lay left for dead on the floor, the shadow demon Sister floated above him. It's two piercing features that would be eyes on a human being stared at him. Oneshot stared back, and finally slowly put his arm up in a show of final resolve, signifying he wouldn't go down without a struggle. Sister was only happy to let him live out his final wishes. (5 vs. 3) Sister plunged her sharp claws through Oneshot's neck, causing his eyes to bulge and his body to seize one last time. (-5 HP) With one swift motion Sister retracted her claws back and the force caused the sniper's head to relieve itself of his body, coming off with a pop. It rolled down the sandy slopes, coming to a rest far below...
Sister has slain Oneshot!
She gains 10 Points!
She is now in the lead!

Paul Bunyan grasped his head with one hand and pushed himself up with the other, a short stream of blood pouring down from his forehead. This arena was sure full of a lot more unforgiving and cruel than the American countryside. Dazed, he came to attention as a familiar and painful voice spoke to him, "T0t@l pwn@ge, tall-fag." Jim Headshot stood below the giant, grinning at Paul causing him to flash his metallic braces that tracked over his adolescent teeth. It was part of Paul's morals to never harm a child. But when you picked up your first gun and bragged about your first 360' No-scope, you were no longer a child; you were a dickwad. The lumberjack took one of his hands into the air, and slammed it at Jim like he was a bug. (3+1 vs. 1-2) His fist smashed the COD fanboy, silencing him permanently. Bunyan breathed in an air of relief, which became distress when he lifted his hand. Jim was standing still, his body filled with cuts and bruises, his glasses twisted, but still grinning across his face. (-6 HP) "Woah, nize gr@phix man lol #SWAG"

Despite having been hit with the force of a freight train, Jim Headshot was standing upright and ready to keep playing what he thought was a hyper-realistic video game. In the first level of his created game, he was fighting the boss Paul Bunyan, a giant who only the most 1337 pl4y3Rs could beat. Jim leapt up in the air, spun around and shot at Paul Bunyan again.  (1+2 vs. 3-1) This time, only one shot connected, which barely hit Bunyan in the toe. (-1 HP)

Derick Greene walked triumphantly towards the hurt Rik. "Ooooh, you're in for it now trolly. The pain train's a-comin', and there ain't nothing you can do about it! Pft, I don't need three other people to take you down, shoulda struck out on my own long ago." He conjures up another sphere of energy from within itself, forming into a ball in his hands. With a roar, he chucked it at Rik like a baseball. (5+1+1 vs. 6) Rik saw the attack coming and was able to run away, but due to it's slow size it was still hit. The blast landed a foot behind Rik, enough to launch the troll forward through the air by several meters and slam it through a cactus. Rik came to a stop far away from it's previous position moments ago, burned by manna and covered in sharp pins. (-7 HP)

Robo-Mundy stands up. Looking over to the side, it spots the decapitated body of Oneshot. The sniper shouldn't be an issue anymore, on account of him being dead, but in Oneshot's case it was never a good idea to approach tactics conventionally. The robot went over to Oneshot's body, and began stabbing the torso with an arrow.

Rik stood onto it's feet, seeing Derick Greene coming closer. Rik's hyper-metabolism heals him a tiny bit, (+1 HP) but that won't be enough to save itself if Derick manages to keep pounding it into the desert with his energy attacks. It saw Derick gathering power for another attack, and decided to counter by charging Greene, running on all fours like a jungle predator. (6+1 vs. 4) Before Derick can attack, Rik headbutts him in the midsection. Ribs are shattered and Derick has the wind knocked out of him as he skids back along the ground. (-7 HP) "ME NOT IT. ME RIK. ME HAS A NAME. ME HOPE TOURNAMENT MONEY ALLOWS ME TO AFFORD PROPER GRAMMAR ETIQUETTE LESSONS."

The sands of the arena shift. Suddenly, areas previously covered by desert reveal flashy palm trees surrounding 10 shimmering pools of fresh water. "Looks like the Oasis's have been revealed, each holding a helpful item! But the contestants should be careful, something seems awfully fishy about these gifts!"

Spoiler: Scoreboard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Participant Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arena Environment (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:01:32 pm by TCM »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 27, 2013, 08:40:49 pm »

"..." Derick rose onto his feet, and with a crack straightened his back from the blow. His demeanor seems to have changed a bit, more serious than before, anger and arrogance almost rivaling the now potent energies around him in effect. "Well, you are a strong one indeed, you resist beyond all reason. You bore me troll. Understand this as you die, as I end your petty little life, that you will suffer. Derick started manipulating the energy around him, and then with a flourish unleashed it towards the troll.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 27, 2013, 08:41:41 pm »

Beep Boop.

Target Eliminated

New target acquired.

DEREK GREENE

UNARMED

EASY TARGET.

STAND STILL, WANKA'
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 27, 2013, 09:16:28 pm »

Grab Chainsaw, cut up Jim.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 51