Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 51

Author Topic: Arena Deus! (The End: Closure)  (Read 50004 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game III - Round 3: Can't Catch a Break)
« Reply #525 on: June 01, 2013, 10:15:58 am »

( Oi, I'm holding up the game. Sorry, sorry, I was in Iowa for a week without a computer.)

"1'm 50 l337, 1 K4N 7074LLY 8347 7H12 57UP1D 8055," Jim says, as he goes to finish Paul Bunyan.

It's fine, happens to everyone. Turn should be up soon.
Being in Iowa for a week or going without a computer?
Iowa's onna those places that everyone winds up in eventually, even if they don't realize that they're there.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game III - Round 4: Redemption)
« Reply #526 on: June 01, 2013, 01:02:57 pm »

Game III - Round 4: Redemption

Paul Bunyan makes a charge for his Chainsaw, finding it adrift in the turning sands. He grabs it by the rear, revving it up immediately with his free hand.
Paul Bunyan has equipped his Chainsaw!
As the motor goes to work, he turns around to spot Jim Headshot. "IMMA' TEACH YOU WHAT THE REAL WORLD IS LIKE BOY." He bustles over to the arena's youngest combatant and vertically slices at him with the giant chainsaw. (4+1 vs. 2-2) A singular blade on the machine cuts right through Jim's shirt, gashing through his torso like a direct broadsword strike. (7+2= -9 HP) The force of the attack sends Jim flying, and rips away his grip on his gun.
Jim Headshot has been Disarmed of his Hunting Rifle!

Jim Headshot slams against the desert floor, his chest painting the yellow sand a fine shade of crimson. He stands up, adjusting his glasses and looking at Paul Bunyan, standing over his head with a giant Chainsaw. 'What a n00b, that did, like no damage. Fag'. Pumping his giant muscles up from hours of playing CoD, Jim sprints at Paul Bunyan unarmed, screaming like a drunk Celtic. And I don't mean an ancient Britonic warrior ingesting tons of alcohol before charging into a Roman legion, I mean a Celtic basketball player who needs a stiff one after losing to the Heat 78-5. The move may have seemed suicidal, but Jim had been trained years extensively in the martial arts. Well, he saw a clip of that Jackie Chan flick one time. (1 vs. 3) He trips over his shoelace, his run cut short as he falls on his face. (6+1 vs. 6) Jim gets onto his knees, only to have to deal with a giant boot stomping on him from above, turning him into human juice. (6+2= -8HP) The giant lumberjack grinds his foot into the ground, before walking away, each of his footsteps staining the ground with Jim Headshot's remains. "Game over."
Paul Bunyan has slain Jim Headshot!
He gains 10 Points!

Robo-Mundy sees the notorious Oneshot taken care of, and turns his attention to the other organic beings that populate the dunes. He spots one in particular, launching giant blasts of energy at a troll monster. The processing power in Robo-Mundy's computers go to work on scanning the being. "TARGET IDENTIFIED. DERICK GREENE: WIZARD. DANGER LEVEL: CHICKEN NUGGETS." The robot mechanically knocks an arrow into it's metal bow as it aims a shot for Derick. "EXTERMINATION PROGRAM INITIATED. STAND STILL WANKA'!" (5+1 vs. 6) Just before the arrow scores a direct hit, Derick's body radiates a powerful yellow aura, knocking the arrow off it's directed flight path and going into the ground. "PISS."

Leatherface looks around for his Chainsaw, and finds it behind a cactus. He picks it up and lovingly embraces it before starting it up again.
Leatherface has equipped his Chainsaw!
Spinning around, he hears an explosion of energy coming from Derick Greene as he fires volleys of energy blasts at Rik. Leatherface grunts, only petty men hunted their prey with otherworldly attacks. He rushed at Derick from the side whilst he was preoccupied with attacking Rik. Derick only heard a roar as Leatherface appeared suddenly right next to him, in addition to a whizzing Chainsaw. (1+2 vs. 3) Suddenly the aura around Derick whips up again and the serial killer is hit with a wall of magic, sending him flying backwards like a powerful gust of wind. Leatherface yips in surprise as he is pushed away from his target.

Doctor Who had decided this was getting silly. A giant just stepped on a small child. Shaking his head, he looked through the scope of his gun to witness Leatherface, his continuous target, being thrown about the arena like a rag-doll. "Bloody hell, I've had enough of this man!" He aimed the rifle at Leatherface, in another attempt to end him as a threat for good. "This is the third time, please, stay down!" (2+2 vs. 2-1) Leatherface attempted to stand, only to get hit in the back yet again by a large caliber bullet. He fell down, losing his chainsaw again, laying still. (-5 HP) The Doctor was not satisfied. He ran across the sand, wary for Leatherface to stand up. Eventually, he came to the prone body, bullets riddling it's torso. He put the gun at the Leatherface's head point blank, and fires a shot straight through his skull and out his forehead. "Much better."
Doctor Who has slain Leatherface!
He gains 10 Points!

Sister watches Oneshot's head roll away. "Time for a break from battle." The shadow demon floated over to one of the fresh pools of water surrounded by palms. However, no matter how close she floated, Sister never seemed to reach the Oasis. Rubbing her eyes, she looked again; the Oasis was gone.
Oasis #10 was a mirage!

Derick Greene laughed manically as all the combatants trying to kill him were easily repelled by his massive magic energy field. "Well, you are a strong one indeed, you resist beyond all reason. You bore me troll. Understand this as you die, as I end your petty little life, that you will suffer." He stands firmly and points a finger at Rik, energy surging around him like lightning. "I WILL DESTROY U, RICH. FOR I AM SUPER SAND. AND I WILL FIGHT YOU. AND KILL YOU. AND DESTROY YOU. UNTIL YOU ARE DEAD. TODAY." Rik roared, not budging an inch. "WHAT U TALKIN' ABOUT DANIEL. EVEN IF GM ALTERS ME DIALOGUE IN ATTEMPT FOR COMEDIC RELIEF, ME STILL SUPER SANDWICH." Derick waved his arms about the air. "ENOUGH! TASTE MY ULTRA LASER ATTACK: UKUUKUKUKU-BEAM-TWERK-TEAM-TUESDAYS!" (6+2+1 vs. 1) Derick launched a blast out of his crotch at Rik, one large beam turning into thousands of smaller ones. These smaller beams cooled off to reveal they were not lasers at all, but rather homing missiles. The missiles zoomed at Rik, the pointy heads retracting to be replaced with human hands. The hand-missiles hit Rik directly, slapping the troll's breasts with well-manicured fingers. (-10 HP) "YOU FOOL. RIK IS NOT RIK." Rik took off it's costume, revealing it in fact to be a bunch of woodland creatures. The creatures hit the desert floor running, dispersing into the arena as the troll disguise melted away into a cloud of fog. The fog parted, revealing a cross-dressing Latino man laying upon a grand piano in a sexy pose. The pianist immediately began playing the classical hit, 'Nice Sprites and Scary Monsters' by Skrillex in B Major'. The cross-dresser picks up the microphone and accompanies the music with improvised free-based poetry. As the sound of song fills the arena, the clouds overhead part from the sky. Tupac Shakur looks down upon Derick, smiling. "Yes son. You have avenged your father." Shakur morphs into a rocket ship and flies away, exploring the final frontier of the infinite universe.
Derick has slain Rik!
He gains 10 Points!

As the song comes to an end, the ground rumbles. A giant worm appears from the ground, swallowing the piano, piano player and the singer all simultaneously in it's giant maw. It curls up like a snake without eyes, it's visible body towering over everyone except Paul Bunyan, where the sand-worm was equivalent to the height of his knees. It's girth is similar to a city bus. It roars.

The announcer speaks up, "Watch out, it's: الوحش من أدناه!" He then starts coughing terribly after his attempt at trying to speak in an exotic dialect.

الوحش من أدناه :Name
Versatile: Can utilize both Melee and Ranged attacks.
Agile Attacker: Can attack up to 2 targets in the same turn.
Burrower: Can burrow in the hand and hide for a turn, making it invulnerable. Requires 1 turn for cooldown afterwards.
Hit Points: 20/20
Point Worth: 30

Spoiler: Scoreboard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Participant Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arena Environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 01, 2013, 01:11:13 pm »

Reload Process Instated

Re-Attempting Offensive Maneuvers.

ATTAAAAACK.

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 01, 2013, 01:12:46 pm »

(Da fuq just happened.)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 01, 2013, 01:14:22 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 01, 2013, 01:28:56 pm »

[Something wonderful. Or horrible, I don't know. Anyway, back to Irenicus-esc magical arrogance display which is only going to get worse as he gets more and more wounded. Ah, I was waiting for Derick to get wounded enough to start putting on the evil wizard ham.]

"Mehehahaha." Derick cackled at himself at the amusing display of magic. Sometimes he even surprised himself at what he can do. "How wonderfully mad of me." He said as he looked at his hands, then back at the others, suddenly angry as the high of reality warping magic sloughing off of him, his gaze upon the insufferable robot. "Must I be interrupted at every turn, enough of this! I won't let you live, not when I'm so close to winning, to ultimate power!" Soon he was shouting at the robot. "YOU WILL SUFFER, YOU WILL ALL SUFFER! I CANNOT BE KILLED, NOT AGAIN, NOT SO CLOSE TO MY GOAL! I CANNOT BE CONTROLLED, FOR I AM IN CONTROL, REALITY SHALL RIPPLE AT MY FOOTSTEPS! UNDERSTAND THAT THIS! IS! YOUR! DEATH! EVER PATHETIC, EVER FOOLISH! I HUNGER FOR REVENGE AND I! WILL! HAVE IT!" On the final word, he sent waves of energy at the robotic contraption.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 01, 2013, 02:00:08 pm »

Waitlist, please.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 01, 2013, 02:01:28 pm »

Waitlist, please.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Now someone has to join as Slowpoke Rodrigues. He's slow, but he's got a gun...
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 01, 2013, 03:12:16 pm »

"Osasis, eh?"

Run after Oasis #7

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 01, 2013, 03:40:52 pm »

"How annoying."

Fly over to #5
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game III - Round 5: Monster Hunters Tri)
« Reply #536 on: June 01, 2013, 06:17:36 pm »

Game III - Round 5: Monster Hunters Tri

Robo-Mundy sees his arrow deflected by Derick. Undeterred, it loads another arrow into his bow, re-aiming for the same man. "PRECISION LASER-SIGHT: 100% OPIUM USAGE. FATALITY CHANCE INCREASED. RELEASING ARROW." (4+1 vs. 2) Derick grins even as a large arrow strikes him in the chest, embedding several inches of steel and wood into him. (-6 HP) "You incompetent machine, you've let me rise to my greatest power!" Derick levitates into the air, breaking the arrow off of him. His eyes glow golden. But as he grins, he starts coughing. "What is this? You...shit!" (Poisoned; -1 HP for 2 Turns) "EVEN IF YOU THINK THIS IS IT ROBOT, I'M BRINGING YOU DOWN WITH ME!"

On a quainter side of the arena, Paul Bunyan cleans his boots off in a pool of water at an Oasis. Looking down into the water, he spots something. It's Magic Cabbage! (+8 HP, Must be cooked somehow before being consumed)

"How annoying." Sister huffs as she flies to another Oasis. This time, the Oasis does not fade out of reality. As she flies through the trees she spots something glowing on the ground. She picks up the Double Amulet! (Damage Dealt and Received is Doubled while wearing)

The Doctor notices a nearby Oasis. He runs to it, and finds a Full Set Chain-mail Armor! (All damage received is cut in half) Excited, he puts on the armor. Then he blinks, and the armor is gone. So is the Oasis. Damn.

Derick Greene levitates above Robo-Mundy. "I HOPE YOU'VE SPENT YOUR ROBOTIC YEARS WISELY, BECAUSE THIS MOMENT WILL BE YOUR LAST! AFTER THIS, EVERYONE WILL REMEMBER DERICK GREENE AS THE GREATEST WIZARD WARRIOR IN HISTORY!" He flies at Robo-Mundy, soon reaching biplane speeds. The air around Derick turns golden. "THE FINAL ATTACK: ULTIMATE DECONSTRUCTION! BRACE YOURSELF MOTHERFUCKER!" (6+4 vs. 4) Mundy loads another arrow, but in mere seconds the bow melts in his hands. "WANKA'." Derick's body slams into Robo-Mundy. (12X1.5 = -18!) There's not even an explosion. All of the machinery simply evaporates. Derick slams into the ground, the force driving up sand all around him. As his power dissipates, he looks into the sky. (-1 HP) He raises his hand weakly into the air, "You're...victor...ladies and...gent-..." He closes his eyes.
Derick Greene has slain Robo-Mundy!
Robo-Mundy has slain Derick Greene!

The arena grows quiet, with the most violent of combat now over. That's just between the player, as لوحش من أدناها comes out of the ground! With a roar, the sand-worm flies across the arena at Paul Bunyan! (1 vs. 2-1) The beast flies into Paul, but both large entities simply knock each other down. The worm hisses at Paul, who grabs his Chainsaw and hacks at the monster. (6 vs. 2) He slashes into the beast like a log, tearing apart it's flesh and muscle. (7x1.25 = -9 HP) The beast spazzes out and flips backwards, bleeding from it's acquired wound.
It's not done, as it simply turns around and launches at a much smaller and less ethereal target, Sister the shadow demon! (1 vs. 6+1) The sandworm bites at Sister, but ends up with a mouthful of sand. As it coughed out the desert, Sister appeared behind the beast, and sunk her claws into it's hide. (5 vs. 1) The sandworm tries flicking Sister off of it, but by the time Sister has been knocked off, the damage to the worm has been done. (6x2=12 HP) The worm twitches around in the sand, but the poison spreads too rapidly. It roars and tries burying into the sand, but accidentally smashes into the side of the arena. Finally, it simply lays at the side of the desert, dead.
Sister has slain لوحش من أدناها!
She gains 30 Points!

Spoiler: Scoreboard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Participant Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arena Environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:32:57 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game III - Round 5: The Triumphant Trio)
« Reply #537 on: June 01, 2013, 06:21:56 pm »

Since I was too subtle last time, what the heck was up with Rik's death??
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game III - Round 5: The Triumphant Trio)
« Reply #538 on: June 01, 2013, 06:26:49 pm »

Since I was too subtle last time, what the heck was up with Rik's death??

Derick hit Rik with an attack and Rik died.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game III - Round 5: Monster Hunters Tri)
« Reply #539 on: June 01, 2013, 06:31:41 pm »

Sister look around "What was noise?"

Shaking her head, she look at the last two people "Let see, I like the look of that guy so..."

Stab the uncool man(Paul)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 51