Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 51

Author Topic: Arena Deus! (The End: Closure)  (Read 50022 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game III - Round 5: Monster Hunters Tri)
« Reply #540 on: June 01, 2013, 06:35:06 pm »

That is the best way any character I can have can ever ask to go out. In exploding fury and style.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game III - Round 4: Redemption)
« Reply #541 on: June 01, 2013, 06:46:26 pm »

"YOU FOOL. RIK IS NOT RIK." Rik took off it's costume, revealing it in fact to be a bunch of woodland creatures. The creatures hit the desert floor running, dispersing into the arena as the troll disguise melted away into a cloud of fog. The fog parted, revealing a cross-dressing Latino man laying upon a grand piano in a sexy pose. The pianist immediately began playing the classical hit, 'Nice Sprites and Scary Monsters' by Skrillex in B Major'. The cross-dresser picks up the microphone and accompanies the music with improvised free-based poetry. As the sound of song fills the arena, the clouds overhead part from the sky. Tupac Shakur looks down upon Derick, smiling. "Yes son. You have avenged your father." Shakur morphs into a rocket ship and flies away, exploring the final frontier of the infinite universe.
Again:
[W]hat the heck was up with Rik's death??
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 01, 2013, 06:49:49 pm »

If you get an eight or above, reality breaks down around your feet. I got a nine. You rolled a one. It was like the perfect storm.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 01, 2013, 06:54:00 pm »

"Hey, who helped you slay the giant worm!" Stab this lady where it hurts with mah chainsaw.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 01, 2013, 07:51:49 pm »

That has to be the bloodiest turn ever in all the arenas, even before this version XD. That was a good read! :)

[EDIT: Nevermind, literally the turn before this ALSO had 3 deaths. I guess it was just the awesome way two guys died at once. It was the perfect combo: the guy who kills on death and the guy/robot that takes a fair bit more damage if it actually gets hurt. Awesome. Also WOW those dice rolls against that inpronouncable creature. Shortest life of an NPC of death yet!]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:55:39 pm by Maxinum McDreich »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 01, 2013, 11:27:56 pm »

"Good grief, that thing with the claws MUST go!"

Fire at Sister.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 02, 2013, 12:59:13 am »

That is the best way any character I can have can ever ask to go out. In exploding fury and style.

Very True.

NEW CHARACTEEEER!

Name: Robo-Doe
Race: Beep Boop.
Starting Weapon: Lazor Pistol
Abilities: Helmetizationizor, Solar Vision
Appearance: A completely Robotic copy of Jane Doe, AKA, the Soldier. It even get's the slightly Vision-Impairing Helmet and the All-American personality right.
Brief Biography: Grey Mann still needs that fucking money. He's sending out an improvised Solider Bot to get the job done right this time.
Hit Points: 20/20
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 02, 2013, 01:41:15 am »

I'm tempted to bring Derick for another go around, but I feel his time as reality-breaker: The wizard has passed. Time to brainstorm up a new crazy ass idea to go off of. Hm... Hah, I think I got one.

That turned out a bit... Weirder than I thought.

EDIT: Tried to make all of it more understandable. Think I succeeded.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 02:39:34 pm by Xanmyral »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 02, 2013, 09:22:48 am »

I'm tempted to bring Derick for another go around, but I feel his time as reality-breaker: The wizard has passed. Time to brainstorm up a new crazy ass idea to go off of. Hm... Hah, I think I got one.

That turned out a bit... Weirder than I thought.

Okay, after reading that for a few minutes, I think I get what this character does exactly. Though in the Rage at Fate ability, what do you mean by "grants additional attacks"?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 02, 2013, 10:35:37 am »

I wasn't sure if the staff of rage used up the effected's attack or not in its ability to make them attack someone else, so I figured I'd just put a clause in their trying to say "the attack forced by the staff of rage does not consume their regular attack."

All of it could be worded better honestly, I wrote it while half asleep.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 02, 2013, 02:24:18 pm »

I'm going to go back to my original strategy. That was the game I did best in.

Spoiler: Hunter of Men (click to show/hide)
I'm a bit worried about balance, since while its perks are underwhelming its disadvantages are minor as well. If it's not, you can drop Demonic Fire and/or Claws. Neither of those seems like they would be used much, anyways.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 02, 2013, 02:28:33 pm »

Realized I worded a lot of things weirdly while writing that. On Life's a Gamble, it should instead say "while no damage may be taken from an attack, a weapons special may come about as long as it does nothing to affect the user's health." That way he won't be insta-killed by poison or bleed unless it was a true-blue six that does him in.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game III - Round 6: Last of Them)
« Reply #552 on: June 02, 2013, 04:50:11 pm »

Game III - Round 6: Last of Them

Paul Bunyan looks as the sandworm dies off in the distance. He turns to compliment Sister, only to find her flying at him, claws drawn. He steps to the side as she zooms by, nearly tearing his face off. "I helped you slay the worm, and this is the thanks I get?" Sister spins around, "Only one is allowed to come out alive. And I like the other guy more." Paul huffs, before taking his chainsaw, and stabbing it at her like a knife. (3 vs. 2+1) The blades rip by her, but she teleports next to his head just before the attack can land. The chainsaw embeds itself into the ground. "Too slow." (1 vs. 6-1) She aims for the back of his head, but he spins around, taking one hand off of the chainsaw and smacks her with it. He barely grazes her, but it's with enough force to send her spinning back.

Sister regained her momentum, flying at Paul Bunyan again. "I'll slay you, giant man!" (4 vs. 3-1) Bunyan swings his saw at her, but she swiftly dodges it. Taking advantage of opportunity, she counter-attacks by digging both her claws into his right hand. Paul hollows in pain as she pulls her sharp talons out, his hand torn apart and bleeding.  He reels back, and as he remains vulnerable the shadow demon flies at his feet and claws her way through his left boot. The colossal being, falls backwards, smashing his head against the sold laser-forcefield surrounding the arena in a large dome. (4x2= -8 HP) He sits there, stunned and battered. Sister cackles, "Have you had enough yet?"

Doctor Who watches the events unfold, and shakes his head. "That demonic creature has nearly incapacitated that giant! It must be dealt with!" He takes aim at Sister with his scoped gun, not even knowing if conventional bullets would do damage. But hey, it was worth a shot. (6+2 vs. 1+1) Sister turned around, and got a face full of lead. It tore through her body, shredding her apart like wolves shredding apart a wheel of cheese because wolves really like cheese. (10x2 = -20!) She erupts into a burst of black smoke and dark miasma, dissipating into the air.
Doctor Who has slain Sister!
He gains 10 Points!

Her Double Amulet falls to the ground.

Spoiler: Scoreboard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Participant Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arena Environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game III - Round 6: Last of Them)
« Reply #553 on: June 02, 2013, 04:55:29 pm »

"Only the big man left? And I still have a round left just for me!"

Fire on the big man!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 02, 2013, 04:55:51 pm »

Realized I worded a lot of things weirdly while writing that. On Life's a Gamble, it should instead say "while no damage may be taken from an attack, a weapons special may come about as long as it does nothing to affect the user's health." That way he won't be insta-killed by poison or bleed unless it was a true-blue six that does him in.

I'm sorry, but can you either simply him, by a lot, or make another character? Calculating all the factors and what-not makes my brainz hurt.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 51