Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51

Author Topic: Arena Deus! (The End: Closure)  (Read 51030 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game IV - Round 1: Hipster Arena)
« Reply #615 on: June 10, 2013, 04:46:34 pm »

"Well, this is new. Normally I'd be fine with the dark, but this gun only works with sunlight..." Ender said, before he ran off looking for an area with sunlight.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 11, 2013, 07:48:15 pm »

Welp, I've lost the turn.

Do you guys want me to take the time to retype everything, or just do a short, quick, summary post of what happened during this turn?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 11, 2013, 07:50:37 pm »

A summary would be fine, although it would be nice if you could find time to retype everything later.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 11, 2013, 07:54:55 pm »

If you feel like you want to type it up, awesome. If you feel like you don't want to and rather just summarize it, awesome. Not overly fussed :3

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 11, 2013, 07:55:32 pm »

Your call ultimately, I'm good with either option. Also, the forum has been doing that lately I've noticed, started ctrl-a'ing and ctrl-c'ing everything I post now.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 11, 2013, 08:17:13 pm »

Your call ultimately, I'm good with either option. Also, the forum has been doing that lately I've noticed, started ctrl-a'ing and ctrl-c'ing everything I post now.

My computer crashed, so it wasn't a forum-based problem for me.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 11, 2013, 08:27:24 pm »

OUCH! No way to save that, sorry man.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 11, 2013, 09:13:35 pm »

OUCH! No way to save that, sorry man.
Arg.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 11, 2013, 09:45:01 pm »

Might I advise Google Drive? It autosaves your stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game IV - Round 2: Updated Like a Motherfucker)
« Reply #624 on: June 17, 2013, 07:33:36 pm »

Game IV - Round 2: Updated Like a Motherfucker

Alphonse Velez Ronizcraftin steps out of his corridor. (Alcoholism Roll: Failed) He falls on the ground, rolling around. "And Imma' kill u'....rip ur' guts out your face....mwawh...." He begins snoring.

Andrew "Ender" Wiggin looks at his powered-down Laser Pistol. "Well, this is new. Normally I'd be fine with the dark, but this gun only works with sunlight..." He runs through the corridor, and notices the Pistol faintly start to light up if he gets closer to the electronic torches. The gun is barely powered, but enough to spit out some decent shots.

Hunter of Men shifts from his human disguise into a flying demon straight out of Hell. He looks around the walls of the underground room. "Oh my. On one hand, it's the Underworld; on the other, it's rather cramped. Upside, downside." He spreads his wings and flies to the domed room, where he spots Commander Shepard coming out of the corridor opposite of him. "This human should be easy enough." He raises his SoulStealer Rifle (TM), and blasts a shot embedded with darkness at the military man. (1+2 vs. 4-1) The bullet rips right through Shepard's hat, tearing it off of him. Shepard feels his head, and then screams, "That was my favorite Beret! You're in for it now, minor demon!"

Robo-Doe roars to life, it's systems booting up. "TIME FOR ERADICATION, COMMUNIST COWARDS. HOO-RAH!" The robot charges out of it's corridor, only to skid to a halt when it sees a recognizable Sniper in the opposite corridor screaming about the location of this arena. ''Oh you WOULD DO THIS TO MEEEEE!!!'' Oneshot exclaims. ''Oh, I'll just fret over just having 6 shots, or maybe I'll go for the one that REQUIRES LIGHT! You know what, light's not been hard to come by, so let's go with the awesome laser pistol of death... OH WAIT, THE BLOODY ARENA DECIDES TO BE ENCLOSED AND DARK!!!! I swear the audience is laughing at me AGAIN!'' The robot doesn't need to analyze this target anymore, it knows exactly who this is. "ONESHOT LOCATED. REMOVING TARGET." The bot raises it's built-in Laser Pistol, charging it up with the small amount of light available, and firing it at the Sniper. (4-1 vs. 5) The Sniper ducks as the laser hits a section of the wall behind him. Oneshot goes prone instinctively, raises his own slightly-powered Laser Pistol, and returns fire. (3+1 vs. 1) The laser nails the robo-soldier directly in the torso, melting part of it away. (-5 HP) "NEW DATA. PROCESSING....HUMAN FEELING SIMULATED:PAIN.)

While everyone in the arena focused on their biggest (no pun intended) issues, Speedy Gonzales ran across the ground unseen. Looking up, the mouse saw Robo-Doe being pierced by a flying laser beam. Being the opportunist he was, Speedy zoomed behind Robo-Doe, and scampered up the robot's leg to his back. "Oh senor~", sang Gonzales as he pulled out two knives, both nearly as big as himself, and drove them into the robot's back. (1+1+1vs. 2) (2+1+1 vs. 3) One of the knives barely manages to pierce the robot's armor, but the other goes right into Doe's robotic spine. (2+5 = -7HP) Robo-Doe falls over, flailing. "WHY WAS I PROGRAMED TO FEEL PAIN."

The first thing Percy Jackson does is click his ball point pen, which instantly turns into a trusty broadsword. Swishing it around experimentally, the demigod proceeds to look for water. Throughout the corridor, there is no source of water. But Percy thinks, since the arena is underground, there could be a lake somewhere down here. Of course, he'd need to dig, and a Broadsword, while good for fighting, is not very efficient to dig with.

Commander Shepard pulls out his .45 Magnum. "I'll show you how humans hunt!" He aims the iron sights down at Hunter of Men. The demon flies to dodge any attacks, but Shepard is quick on the draw and accurate to boot. (5+1+1 vs. 3) When he fires, a single deadly large-caliber bullet flies through the air and hits Hunter directly through the chest, and exiting out his back. The force of the attack also manages to send H.o.M. flying backwards, smashing his wings into a pillar, and then having him fall 20 or so feet onto the cavern floor. (8+2 = -10HP!) His SoulStealer skids across the ground to the other side of the arena.
Hunter of Men has been disarmed of his Hunting Rifle!
While an attack like this would kill an ordinary mortal, the Hunter stood up, wiping away a spot of blood from his face. "You shouldn't have done that, human..."

For a guy with an extremely generic name, John Joe did not look generic in any way. As he walks forward into the dome-shaped central room, a black miasma follows him, spilling out a trail dark energy onto the floor as he passes. Also, he looks like he could be related to Dante from Devil May Cry, or at least an accurate O.C. from a D.M.C. fanfic. He muses himself, looking at the ongoing combat and hoisting his signature Broad-Axe, full of exotic engravings and precious jewels, onto his shoulder. "Who blood shall Lullaby taste first?"

Oneshot keeps his gun trained on Robo-Doe, who is now being stabbed to death by a small Hispanic mouse. He decides to hold fire for now, having already laid down enough fire for now, and lets his enemies kill one another. The thrill was getting to him, he breathed the thick, grimy air around him. It was a great thing he had gained immortality by [REDACTED]. He loved the Arena. God, he loved the arena. He would go home and write,
"Dear Princess REDACTED

I'M SO ALONE.

Your faithful student,
Oneshot"

He resumed his attention to the battle, as it was time for his next move...

Spoiler: Scoreboard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Participant Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arena Environment (click to show/hide)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 17, 2013, 07:38:57 pm »

PEST CONTROL MODE ACTIVATED. SQUISH MOUSE.

LAZOR UNNEEDED. BRUTE FORCE MODE ENGAGED.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 17, 2013, 07:52:08 pm »

"Snaaarghhew.... Snaaarghew... Agrapham... Imma teh greeet... Alphonesss. Yesh." The drunk tried to roll off of his back, failing once or twice before possibly, finally managing to get onto his feet. "Imma... Immma kehp killinga... Yeww... Erntil ahhh... Ahh... Wha?" The drunken man barely comprehended where he was, occasionally trying to make what he believed to be a kung-fu pose as he tried to stumble towards... Anyone really. "Ahh lovveee yah man..." Then he punched whoever he stumbled into.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 17, 2013, 10:16:33 pm »

"Prepare to face the Wrath of HELL!"

Hammy intimidation, then try to fly upwards. Regardless of success, use Demonic Fire on Shephard.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 18, 2013, 12:32:53 am »

"Bastard just won't stay down! Not like Roach did."

Empty another round into the hunter.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 18, 2013, 01:11:21 am »

John look at the mouse stabbing people "This is pest control!"

attack Speedy.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51