Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51

Author Topic: Arena Deus! (The End: Closure)  (Read 50998 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game IV - Round 7: Dwindling)
« Reply #720 on: July 29, 2013, 07:29:47 pm »

"My pistol!"

Dive after my revolver and shoot the acid-beast.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 29, 2013, 08:03:32 pm »

HAX!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 29, 2013, 08:07:35 pm »

"My pistol!"

The Revolver with no bullets?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 29, 2013, 08:08:47 pm »

"My pistol!"

You had to tell him...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 30, 2013, 12:50:58 am »

"My pistol!"

PISTOL WHIP THE BEAST

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game IV - Round 8: Not Dead Yet)
« Reply #725 on: July 30, 2013, 08:21:58 pm »

Game IV - Round 8: Not Dead Yet

"Devils fire, its ah burning me with devils fire, my fists be holy and yous will be too!" Alphonse stands up, shaking his arms around in the air like a madman. (Alcoholism Roll: Failed) He shuts up and immediately falls into the floor in a drunken stupor. Apparently he's such a drunkard that even in intense pain he can fall asleep. (-1 HP)

John Joe looks around the Arena for another target. Despite a giant spider-thing eating people, he looks at Oneshot for Arena Enemy #1. Pulling his Broad-Axe up, he charges at the sniper. (1+1+1 vs. 6) Oneshot pivots on one foot and sees John charging him, deciding now would be a good time to reenact a scene from the Raiders of the Lost Ark. (3 vs. 1-1) Oneshot fires at John, multiple times in fact. Two of the shots hit him across the belly. (-5 HP) He falls to the ground mid-run, falling on his face and dropping his Broad-Axe.
John Joe has been disarmed of his Broad-Axe!

Commander Shepard dives for his Revolver, picking it up despite the acid burning through his shoulder. (-1 HP) Getting to his feet, he runs after Banfordon again. (4 vs. 1) This time Shepard manages to actually strike it correctly, jumping onto it's head and slamming his Revolver into its eyes. Dozens of tiny balls of liquid splatter upon impact. (-5 HP) The beast roars and throw Shepard off it's head, clear liquids oozing out of it's face.

Oneshot puts his Laser Pistol down after nearly finishing off John Joe. The rush of actually getting someone fills within him. He walks over to John, pulling him by the hair with his free hand. He drags John over next to lamp. "Get up." John coughs in response, slowly rising to his feet...(3+1 vs. 5-1) Oneshot suddenly puts his pistol to John's head, and just as suddenly John tackles him out of nowhere. Oneshot is taken by surprise, his shot going far off in another direction. Oneshot falls to the ground as John takes the opportunity to back away from him, able to walk once more.

Banfordon swings its tail at Commander Shepard. The general is able to duck under the attack, but the barbed extremity heads straight for Alphonse's prone position. (2 vs. 5(+2) But it's precisely at this moment Alphonse utilizes "Drunken Hobo 'I-Really-Thought-She-Was-18-Please-Believe-Me-Officer' Jutsu." This results in him suddenly appearing at the far-side of the arena, and most importantly far away from the spiky tail.

Spoiler: Scoreboard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Participant Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arena Environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 30, 2013, 11:05:19 pm »

"Iah didn' do it, Iah swear officer! Look, my fist is behind you!" Alphonse has forgotten how exactly one distracts someone as he tries to take a running punch at Oneshot, confusing him for a police officer somehow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 31, 2013, 02:12:55 am »

Disarm with bearbare fists.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 31, 2013, 03:04:56 am »

MASH HIM AGAIN

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 31, 2013, 09:52:52 am »

(As a note, Oneshot should have gone first on that counterattack on sheppard. He won't this time against Sheppard, but should against Alphonse.)

''Yeah, ok, I'm more used to being ganged up upon, but not at this late stage. I am NOT going to lose now!''
If Oneshot still has his weapon, he will aim to take out whichever Sheppard.
If Sheppard is dead, take out Alphonse.
If weapon has been lost, set about picking up a laser pistol.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game IV - Round 9: The Last of Us)
« Reply #730 on: August 02, 2013, 02:55:04 pm »

Game IV - Round 9: The Last of Us

Alphonse walks towards Oneshot, a drunken swagger in each of his steps. "Iah didn' do it, Iah swear officer! Look, my fist is behind you!" (Alcoholism Roll: Fail) Alphonse staggers, holding his gut, before falling on the ground and moaning. "Masha' man don....don GET DAT'!"

Oneshot looks away from Alphonse to find John Joe charging at him with his fists. The gun-slinger pulls his Laser Pistol up just as John leaps right at him. (4+1+1 vs. 2) Before Oneshot can get a shot off, John Joe's fist collides with his face. Oneshot stumbles back as John rains down a series of darkness-infused blows on the sniper, hitting him with the force of bricks. (-7 HP) With a solid hook to the face, John manages to knock Oneshot onto the floor. Satisfied, he walks away, but despite the power of his attacks, Oneshot still managed to keep his pistol in his hands.

Commander Shepard continues beating on the head of Banfordon with his trusty .45 Revolver. (3 vs. 4) He smacks it on the mouth region, but the blows seem to glance off on the creature's toughened hide. (5 vs. 4-1) Banfordon lunges forward and sinks it fangs into Shepard's leg, ripping into the flesh of his thigh and instilling more acid into him. (-5 HP, Acid Damage prolonged for 1 Turn) The acid burns through Shepard's stance, weakening him. The general falls to the ground. Banfordon scurries away. (-1 HP)

Oneshot, drags himself up to his feet after suffering a punishing beatdown. He spits, fragments of teeth and blood ejecting out of his mouth. ''Yeah, ok, I'm more used to being ganged up upon, but not at this late stage. I am NOT going to lose now!'' He pulls his Laser Pistol up, ready to finish off one of the other fighters. His attentions turn to Commander Shepard, whose limbs have been torn apart, as the old man gets on his hands and knees, trying to get back up. "I don't think so." Oneshot holds his gun out. (5+1 vs. 6-1) Shepard sees the attack coming, and with a rush of despair and adrenaline, uses the last of his energy to attempt to jump up over the oncoming laser. As the beam lights up the arena briefly, Shepard manages to avoid his head being blown apart. It doesn't help, as the light pierces through his chest. (-4 HP) Commander Shepard falls backwards, his mouth contorting in a silent scream of agony as he hits the floor, his favorite weapon clambering onto the ground besides him. When he lands on his back, he becomes silent, the perpetual glare gone from his eyes.
Oneshot has slain Commander Shepard!
He gains 10 Points!

Banfordon scurries through the arena. It comes upon John Joe walking away from his supposed defeat of Oneshot. John turns around when he hears the growling of the ancient beast. His eyes go wide, "What are you doing? I am one with darkness, as are you. Shouldn't we be-" (3 vs. 1-1) Banfordon roars and snaps it's jaws around John Joe's head. (-5 HP) It pulls back, decapitating him instantly. The head dissipates under the acidic saliva of the beast, the body flopping onto the ground. The darkness within it disappears.
Banfordon has slain John Joe!
It gains 10 Points!

Spoiler: Scoreboard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Participant Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arena Environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 02, 2013, 02:58:31 pm »

((I love how the scores go.

From first to last, we have...
Maxinum McDreich
An NPC
The GM
Xanmyral

We only have one solution to this. Xanmyral, you must kill the arena.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 02, 2013, 04:11:51 pm »

Damn! I was aiming for a soldier's death, too! Branfordon would have been mineee!

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 02, 2013, 04:36:50 pm »

''Ok, drunkard, I'm not entirely keen on a giant spider thingie trying to kill us while we fight our incredible duel. Howabout a truce till this eight legged creature is dead and rotting?'' He wasn't about to fight this man to lose to the ruddy spider. Not now! Not having gotten this far for the second time. That damnable shield wielding Spartan was not here, this was his time. HIS, DAMNIT!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 02, 2013, 04:57:14 pm »

Name: Amy Hart
Race: Human
Starting Weapon: Twin Knives
Ability: Cannibal Underdog Arrogance Wanted
Appearance: A tanned blonde haired woman in a lack of upper body clothes(it just some bandages)
Brief Biography: A cannibal from another place, she has a list of crimes as long as her body(six foot).
Hit Points: 20/20 (Just leave this here.)

Tell me if they are not balanced.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51