Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 51

Author Topic: Arena Deus! (The End: Closure)  (Read 49875 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game III - Round 6: Last of Them)
« Reply #555 on: June 02, 2013, 04:57:00 pm »

Yeah, I was thinking on doing the same. Got another character on the burners, but I'm going to take a crack at really making his abilities simple.

EDIT: Better?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:20:40 pm by Xanmyral »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 02, 2013, 05:13:40 pm »

Oooft, it's come down to the last two... but it's also past round 6! Will DR Who leave to save us, or will he stay in time and win the tournament! LET THE NEXT ROUND HAPPEN! :P

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 02, 2013, 05:44:39 pm »

Shame, new dude go.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 02, 2013, 05:52:05 pm »

Ok wow, unless the doctor gets called away I'm going to lose.

Murderize that there doctor, and then look for fire.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 02, 2013, 06:33:57 pm »

( God, damn. That was a bad turn for me. I have a great idea to make up for it, though.)

Name: Andrew "Ender" Wiggin
Race: Human
Starting Weapon: Laser Pistol
Abilities: Winning the next fight: +1 to attacks on enemies who he damaged last turn. Pacifist: Will not attack someone unless they are either not human, he thinks they are not human, or they attacked him first
Brief Bio: A strategic genius of a child, fresh out of battle school.
Hit Points: 20/20
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 02, 2013, 06:39:37 pm »

Would that be after Battle or Command School?
...Actually, in neither would he be up to much in the way of combat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 02, 2013, 06:42:10 pm »

( God, damn. That was a bad turn for me. I have a great idea to make up for it, though.)

Name: Andrew "Ender" Wiggin
Race: Human
Starting Weapon: Laser Pistol
Abilities: Winning the next fight: +1 to attacks on enemies who he damaged last turn. Pacifist: Will not attack someone unless they are either not human, he thinks they are not human, or they attacked him first
Brief Bio: A strategic genius of a child, fresh out of battle school.
Hit Points: 20/20

On one hand, I like Ender. On another, I'd like to see the hero of mankind, who trained for years and become the most brilliant strategist in history with thousands of fleets at his command, get beaten to death by a drunk hobo character. :P
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 02, 2013, 06:42:11 pm »

Battle. Not very likely, but
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 02, 2013, 06:44:53 pm »

Yeah, I was thinking on doing the same. Got another character on the burners, but I'm going to take a crack at really making his abilities simple.

EDIT: Better?

I have a clearer idea of his specialties, but since he can only be harmed by a natural 6, that means he's invulnerable to about 80% of abilities and weapons.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 02, 2013, 06:48:15 pm »

I have a clearer idea of his specialties, but since he can only be harmed by a natural 6, that means he's invulnerable to about 80% of abilities and weapons.

I got another character on the back burner to use then. Figured that a one in six chance of death every time he was attacked would be a draw-back, but I see your point.

Right, time for drunken hobo who thinks he's a martial artist, will be coming up in this space soon.

EDIT

EDIT: Made it more legible.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:23:08 pm by Xanmyral »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 02, 2013, 06:55:06 pm »

^^
?

BEST. CHARACTER. EVER.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 02, 2013, 07:15:41 pm »

Battle. Not very likely, but
True, but who said
Let's face it, Ender's psychology and the fact that he's more of a general than a soldier makes him a poor choice.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 02, 2013, 07:36:37 pm »

@Xan:
Two things: One, Poker Face's power is my idea, go away! :P
Two: If you set Life Is A Gamble to your defense is a 5 50% of the time and a 6 the other 50%, then it still requires high rolls but moddifiers come into play, as a thought. Would need TCM to agree on that tho, naturally. :3

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 02, 2013, 07:46:18 pm »

Yeah, that would work on Life Is A Gamble quite well, thinking on it. Too bad I've now fully swapped to Drunken Hobo Kung-fu now though. The great Alphonse Velez Ronizcraftin The *Coffee Smudge*!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game III - Round 7: Screwed)
« Reply #569 on: June 03, 2013, 05:33:41 pm »

Game III - Round 7: Screwed

Only two contestants remain. Coincidentally, these two fighters are nearly identical, the only difference being that one is a giant lumberjack with a chainsaw and the other is an English alien who traverses time to die and/or have sexual tension with a multitude of partners. Besides that, exactly the same. Paul Bunyan stands, clutching the back of his head. The attacks previously done on him had really worn him down. However, he wasn't going to go down that easily, all that stood between him and victory was a timelord. And if there's one thing that timelords were weak against, it was giant chainsaws. Paul starts the motor of his weapon and roars, charging at Doctor Who. (4+1 vs. 1+3-2) The Doctor seemed to phase out of reality as Paul swung his chainsaw, allowing him to dodge the attack. But as soon as he reappeared, Paul was able to surprise him with a kick out of nowhere! The giant boot struck the Doctor in the body, sending him flying back, and slamming onto the sand. (-6 HP) Paul grins somewhat darkly, "How's that one on for size, Doc'?" He then goes off to look for fire. (1) He does not find fire, only mire.

The Doctor stands up after recovering from his attack. Brushing himself off like a gentleman, he sees Paul Bunyan standing in the middle of a spontaneous swamp. "You're the only one left big man! Let's see how you like this!" The Doctor took a knee, pointed his rifle at the back of the giant's massive skull, and let loose with a flurry of fast bullets. (3+2 vs. 5-1) Paul laughs as each shot is deflected by his rough clothing. He walks up to the Doctor, and picks him up like a French fry, causing the timelord to drop his rifle. Hoisting him dozens of feet in the air, the titan laughs. "Hahaha! You could never defeat a man of this stature! Now tell me here, gotta' good plan brewin'?" Paul's face contorts into a wicked grin. The Doctor, in a determined voice reaches into his pocket. "I'm sorry." He pulls out his Sonic Screwdriver, points it at Paul Bunyan, and presses a button. Instantly, a burst of high-powered laser energy erupts from the tip, and in mili-seconds pierces the giant's forehead. Paul loses his grin, adopting a face of shock and terror. He drops the Doctor, who lands safely on his rump, whereas Paul himself slumps against the edge of the arena, eyes still open. The Doctor stands up again. "Now, where was I?"

"Looks like Doctor Who wins the 3rd Annual Arena Games! That's all for this time everyone, we can't wait to see what will come in store next year!"
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 51