Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Fiasco  (Read 6153 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Fiasco
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2013, 12:34:26 pm »

Indeed. So, I suppose the adviser would be the super-person, and then we could do...
Hm. Kadzar and I are allies, and the key is between us. Meanwhile, scap and Kad are rivals of the "Vigilante/BtB" kind, implying that they are probably on the same team as well. Scelly's likely the president, and since he doesn't like working with scapheap, he's probably the vigilante type. This explains why the Key is between me and Kad, despite scapheap being on the same "team" as us. I'm not sure how the needs work for taking over the world, though; for the sake of Fun, I suppose me and Scelly would need to be working together to take over the world. If it works like this, perhaps scapheap would be the only major official guy to realize the dark purposes behind my attempts to "borrow" the dimensional key. If not, I agree that the President should be the one to try taking over the world--it's less cliche.
I'm good with that. Scrapheap, you good with it too?
I fine with it.
I do believe that makes everyone.

So...names and stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2013, 07:33:19 pm »

If people are having trouble coming up with names, I'm having good luck with Lee's (Useless Super-Hero Generator. So far it's given me Fighting Flame, a hero who learned to create and control flames through a home study course (I'd probably only take that one if people were cool with that origin story), Radioactive Jack, Brother Atom (I'm thinking he'd be a Christian monk who either has shrinking or radiation-based powers), General Mime (most likely wouldn't use, but I found it amusing), Captain Torpedo, and Star Blade (or Starblade).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2013, 07:41:23 pm »

Most of those are more useful than most the Generator comes up with.

And don't forget a civilian name.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2013, 08:08:46 pm »

Well, I found it better than Seventh Sanctum's generators. And I thik I'm either gonna go with Fighting Flame or Starblade.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2013, 08:15:47 pm »

scapheap and possibly me need to have superhero names. We also need some sort of inkling of powers and personalities.

...Familiar with what a comic trio is?
Sig

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2013, 11:20:37 pm »

My name shall be... President Alem Martin
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2013, 12:34:25 am »

I think I'm going to go with Starblade. He wields the Astral Cutlass (or possibly Cosmic Cutlass/Claymore/Katana), which can cut through most substances and grants its wielder super-speed while held. It comes from space, and he found it when it arrived here by some means; maybe he looted it off the body of a dead alien that crash-landed here or something.
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2013, 08:49:03 am »

I tried the generator and got...Black Wing. Let's make that Blackwing.

Superpowers: Flight from something I'm not sure of, some sort of training stuff which makes him good at punching stuff, willing to use a firearm.

For those of you who read the aforelinked trope...I call OSM/Passenger.
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2013, 12:07:40 pm »

I'll be Hunter, civilian name: Peter Landcaster

Superpowers: *point left* with alcohol being my weakness.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2013, 04:17:07 pm »

Your character isn't actually a cannibal, is he? That seems a bit too dark. I'm not sure if you're allowed to be a superhero if you eat people. Though I guess we haven't really established the tone of the game, and in some of the more cynical rather than idealist universes, I guess you could get away with that. Actually, now I'm wondering if we couldn't all represent different Ages of Superhero Comics.

Anyway, I've decided that Starblade definitely wields the Cosmic Cutlass. His real name is Ricky Dominguez, a kid who's not too bright but has a lot of heart. And he dresses like a cyberpunk protagonist (goggles, fingerless gloves, fishnets, ect.) because Ricky is bad a themes.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2013, 04:20:27 pm »

Hmmm, what if I implanted a remote controlled alcohol bubble containment thing into you, set to explode when I activate it as the weaponry. Could explain how I'm keeping you in check. Or, are you keeping me as your ally?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2013, 04:51:29 pm »

Hmmm, what if I implanted a remote controlled alcohol bubble containment thing into you, set to explode when I activate it as the weaponry. Could explain how I'm keeping you in check. Or, are you keeping me as your ally?
Being allies with someone doesn't mean you can't plot ways to take them down. Just look at Batman and Superman. (Admittedly, that's an example of one doing it with benign intentions, but it works even better if you do wish to murder them but can't at the moment for reasons.)
Glory to Arstotzka!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2013, 05:21:45 pm »

Being allies with someone doesn't mean you can't plot ways to take them down. Just look at Batman and Superman. (Admittedly, that's an example of one doing it with benign intentions, but it works even better if you do wish to murder them but can't at the moment for reasons.)
Yeah, but I'm specifically wondering who's forcing who.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2013, 06:07:19 pm »

Am I the only one who interpreted scapheap's quip as indicating alcoholism?

Anyways, Blackwing's civilian name is Charles Crow. Nice name. He's a writer of some sort of popular fiction, with exact details of his work varying based on what time period we're going for member of the Presidential Cabinet or something.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:36:10 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2013, 06:24:31 pm »

I thought he was a presidential advisor.
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7