Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lucky or unlucky ?  (Read 1145 times)

ZwodahS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Lucky or unlucky ?
« on: February 27, 2013, 05:48:00 am »

First migrant wave
6 migrants(3-couple) , all with extremely good skillset(all have at least 1 lvl 11 skill) and abnormal social skill,. Get me all paranoid about vampire immediately.

Am I worrying too much ?

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lucky or unlucky ?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 06:00:17 am »

First migrant wave
6 migrants(3-couple) , all with extremely good skillset(all have at least 1 lvl 11 skill) and abnormal social skill,. Get me all paranoid about vampire immediately.

Am I worrying too much ?

Check their inventory for jewelry made from dwarf or human parts, check their history to see if it's really long, and check relationships, once again, for a really long list and maybe even multiple spouses.  If they have kills, look at the dates.  These can all help I.D. a vampire.  Finally, in Dwarf Therapist, the name of the dwarf in question will be different, due to vampires always using a different one than their own.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

ZwodahS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 06:20:16 am »

None of have them any kills.

I always give my dwarf nicknames corresponds to their job scope and all of them got mapped over, and all of them got renamed.

I think I might be lucky this time :D , but I will definitely look at their thoughts in the coming days to make sure they have their sleep and meal.

edit : 2nd wave arrive, same thing happen... I don't like super trained dwarfs. Makes the game not as fun =/.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 06:43:43 am by ZwodahS »

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 07:06:14 am »

edit : 2nd wave arrive, same thing happen... I don't like super trained dwarfs. Makes the game not as fun =/.

Don't worry. They'll die soon enough.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 07:17:15 am »

Turn off their primary skills, then they'll no longer be super-trained.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 10:12:42 am »

Aren't vampires usually clean-shaven?
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 12:33:09 pm »

and vampires can't be generated from thin air. You just got lucky waves.