Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Warframe Prototype - Welcome to Hell, Beta Tester!  (Read 17343 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe Prototype - Welcome to Hell, Beta Tester!
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 02:04:18 am »

Stick to the ground, but keep an eye on the rooftops. Move forward, and fire missiles on anyone I see, but aim well.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 05:53:28 am »

Jump onto the rofftops and begin dashing across them, firing my assault rifle at borno as I go.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 07:00:00 am »

to the waitlistblock
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 10:59:13 am »

Stick to the ground for the time being, and carefully scout, trying to get the drop on an enemy without being noticed.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 11:26:13 am »

1(5+1)6
2(5+1)6
3(3+2)5
4(1+4)5

James and Scott gun their engines, keeping to the ground while weaving between buildings simultaneously! What a fast start from both of them! The Blade and Ripley are the first to get going!

A few seconds after, Joe and Peter go airborne! Immediately sighting one another, they charge! A firefight has broken out only a few seconds into the match! How will the Archmage hold up? Can Swifty dodge all of the ordinace Joe brings to the fight?

Joe(2)(5)
Peter(3)(3)+(1)

Joe Dodge 6+2 (8 ) v 4
Peter Dodge 4+4 (8 ) v 5

They strafe around each other, trying to get a bead on their opponent! Gunfire rattles, but no one takes any hits!

Scott comes to an intersection below the fighting and uses the opportunity to attack! His missile flares upwards to the chaos!
(1)(4)5
The missile locks on to Peter's Swifty!
(1+4)5
tiebreaker (4)Scott (2)Peter

Scott's missile explodes before reaching impact, but throws Peter off course! Peter (4-2)2 lacks the adaptability to grasp the terrain and plummets to the ground!

Missile(0dmg)
Impact(4dmg) vs Armor (2)

Peter's armor dents in at strange angles, but holds to the frame! Despite this, his frame takes some damage from the fall and warning lights appear in his cockpit!

Peter's warframe scrambles to it's feet in time to react to oncoming attacks, but there are none to deal with. His mecha is preforming markedly worse, and it seems he lacks the ability to scale buildings anymore. (-1 all stats, all armor gone)

James sticks back to the ground and watches silently. Those on the ground don't see him yet, but he can charge in fairly easily (+1 to next attack to ground target)

Wow, what a fight! Within the first spark of combat, we have a unit down! But is he out? We'll find out if that damage will hold him back or not!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:35:50 am by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 11:37:05 am »

Waitlist please

NAME: Juan Rico
WF CALL: Starship Trooper

All equal stats.

Anyone who gets my pretty obvious reference gets a gold star.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:38:40 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 11:45:22 am »

This here is the 117 Wraith "Valkyrie".
This brings back some memories. Built like the first Warframes, coated in metal, and slow as a brick. It's armed with one of the biggest missiles I've ever seen, a shotgun, and a radar. May as well just call this thing a tank, give it some treads, and send it out now.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 12:46:57 pm »

You sure didn't have much preference to specialties, did you? Luckily, even standard models need testing...
Here. The USS Nomad.

I found this one in the back. It's standard all over. I don't even know why we're testing this. The gun is like any other, except it's pretty. Pretty to an engineer, at least. Maybe... It's probably just to test that new system, some sort of final stand. Sucks you have to die to test it, but that's what you signed up for.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2013, 01:19:58 pm »

Gain the height advantage, climb four floors up the nearest building and fire again at Swifty, if he is still in sight. If not, take cover and watch carefully for others.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 02:34:45 pm »

Starship Troopers, the book at least. Never seen the films.
I think the Warframes are more mecha than powered armor, though.

Also, Tsuchi, are you using some sort of random bit generator to figure these out?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 03:05:28 pm »

Starship Troopers, the book at least. Never seen the films.
I think the Warframes are more mecha than powered armor, though.

Also, Tsuchi, are you using some sort of random bit generator to figure these out?

Yes and no. So far it's all been in my head, but I can imagine one would be easy to create around this. I haven't needed to use a generator yet, but there's still a lot of abstraction in everything. Armor values for instance.

How do you get solid numbers with + and -s? Well, = is a value of 4. It's very base and could use some work, but it works right now. There is some fudging depending on event (in example, that missile that did no damage due to the tie- the dodger lost, so it had some effect, which was "fall off building". If he was on the ground, it could have been rubble falling or tripping, etc.

Nah, the weapons are not randomly generated, which is why you see some things seem to fit really well- Blade having a melee weapon, for instance.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So far it's all in my head which is why putting in new players is harder than running a turn.
------
Secondarily, warframes are closer to mecha in abilities, but closer to power armor SIZE. They're minimecha. The whole torso opens up and you sit in it, like, less than half the size of a Gundam or something.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 03:06:54 pm »

Still a bit bigger than powered armor like the Mobile Infantry had, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 03:24:20 pm »

Spoiler: Glassco (click to show/hide)

To the waitlist, away!

Edit: Bio Added, Last Name Added.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:25:04 pm by Xanmyral »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 05:30:45 pm »

Finding a good, covered position to fire from, with an easy escape, James attacks Scott from behind.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 05:35:04 pm »

However, if someone would write or edit a custom generator (dosen't have to be complete, but preferrably able to edit via "add this to a file, it reads and happens) I'd likely use it. I'd need:
--
Generates name, weapon type, damage roll, additional effect if any. I can do manual balancing, and it dosen't need to give details. Name can be as repetitive as anything- I can think that up too. Something similar to the Borderlands gun engine, but watered down in places. It dosen't combine parts, it just names the object based on other values. Best case scenario.

((I think I may be able to make a small java program for that (although it may take ahwile)))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13