Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Ghosts of Exile Plateau: Looking for... Victims... to help flesh out the lore.  (Read 7155 times)

OREOSOME

  • Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

Despite his apparent lack of findings, Alexander kept looking.
"Come on! There's got to be something to use as clothes, at the least!"
Logged
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Gotdamnmiracle

  • Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile

"What are you attempting to read, little one?"
Logged
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Alex:
((Sorry! I was in a hurry when I made the post this morning!))
Your search merely turns up the bloody, torn, uncomfortable clothes on the corpses.
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

OREOSOME

  • Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

"Or not. Hmm... Lets see... What could I possibly do now..."
He decided to go back to looking for a way out of the room.
Logged
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Alex:
Well, you could always jump out the window...
But no. You spot another barricaded window on the same side as the first window you opened. It looks to be the only other window.
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Gotdamnmiracle

  • Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile

Look through the remaining few foot lockers.
Logged
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

OREOSOME

  • Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

Deciding to just get moving, he tried to jump out the window.
"Oh dear... Alright, let's do this thing!"
Logged
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Alex:
I WAS JOKING!
You jump out the boarded up window, which puts you on the roof next to it. The crashing and splintering of wood produces a loud sound that turns the heads of many pairs of eyes. You hear something, very faintly over the rain. It sounds like thousands of insects and birds chirping in muted cacophony, punctuated by screams and wind.

Ralu:
The fifth of ten contains a note and an audio recorder.
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Gotdamnmiracle

  • Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile

Read. Then listen.
Logged
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

OREOSOME

  • Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

Alex muttered to himself, and hearing the faint sound, he decided to keep going along the roof, and away from the section he was just in.
Logged
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Harry959

  • Bay Watcher
  • Anti-Flanking Bomber Goat
    • View Profile

Aaktuvus jumps up and vaults through the window after Alex.
"Hey! Don't just leave me alone with all these bodies!"
Logged

borno

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"It's..."
Ith paused. Would it really be wise to tell Ralu how to make and use a knife, possibly against him? He suddenly abandoned that train of thought. Sure, he didn't appear to be the most friendly of sorts, and possibly the sanest, but he had given him some clothes, accompanied him through this place, and was one of the only three survivors of whatever massacre happened here for all he knew.
"Some sort of book about knives,"
Ith notices his gun.
"Although you probably might not need it, seeing you have a gun already. You might still want to take a look; it's pretty interesting."
Offer book to Ralu, look through next locker.
Logged

Gotdamnmiracle

  • Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile

Inspect book thoroughly.

"Search the rest of the lockers would you? We might be able to whip you up one of these if we can find the parts. I know how you kitties like your shivs. Plus we may be able to figure something to pick that lock with if it's thin enough. Think you could manage that?"
Logged
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

((Sorry bout the wait. Needed sleep for TCAP.))
Ralu:
First, you read the note.
It's in English, but not good English. Some words are in CÍmÔral. It seems to be a very short journal entry about hearing loud screams while on duty outside, near the gate. According to the writer, some of their friends have heard these noises as well. The writer states that either it's just a bird or something and nothing to worry about or they're "all Doncoliparex" (doomed) "DonsŁyex." (fucked) They lean towards the side of bad things coming their way, but then state that they're known to be jumpy and paranoid about these things.

Then, you put on the recording. It's surprisingly undistorted and not difficult to understand, although, the speaker must be nearby an open door while it's raining. He does attempt to speak clearly, though. Just like the note, it's in a mix of English and CÍmÔral. There also must be another guard nearby, speaking to someone else.

"Err... This is Guard J‚licÔr VhÍlÓan Io, on Laprion (Late Spring Month, May) 27th, 762. The... kali‚rij" (conditions) "look to be poor. They rain and cloud, but they aren't why I'm making this log. The other guards- even my friends- are starting to think I have gone crazy. I swear I saw a Shudova outside the walls. The nÔshÍmij" (myths) "that scared me when I was a child are what I saw. The problem is that I'm not allowed to find it and kill it. I want to see that thing bleed, because when I find it, I'll find it with its kin. I'll burn the den into ash. But I can't leave the camp yet, and-"

The recording cuts off.

Alex and Aaktuvus:
It's dark enough now to be dangerous to stand on the roof and the rain's starting to sting. You stumble across a metal door, covered in scratches.

Ith:
The next locker is empty, too.
Seventh is filled with more civilian clothes.

Ralu:
The third page is just a practice page, spent drawing eyes, mostly Iloial eyes. Iloial eyes have a slit running from the center of the lower outer eyelid to the side of their head. The flaps can be moved by a muscle in their face. They do two things. One, it looks threatening and unnatural. Two, it opens up more of the inner eyelid to be cleaned by blinking. The final drawing on this page shows an Iloial eye with a hole in it and the slit wide open.
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Gotdamnmiracle

  • Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile

(Did I learn the knife stuff?)
Logged
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11