Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Ghosts of Exile Plateau: Looking for... Victims... to help flesh out the lore.  (Read 8992 times)

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

000000001?
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Indigo:
The only reason that it achieves anything more is because it's closer to the password.

The footlocker's not locked, by the way.
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Ooh, Mastermind!

But first: Check the footlocker.
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Strife26

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Human, name of Charlie Victors, male.
Logged
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Indigo:
The metal footlocker, obviously in good condition, opens smoothly. It contains a few things. There's a note that has the passcode, which would be represented by EC1739747. There's also a screwdriver, a hammer, a bag of many of some gauge of shotgun shell ((yes, you have to count the shells as a command)), a pack of six batteries, and a blade for a hacksaw.

Charlie:
You wake up.
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Remember the code.

Take as much stuff as I can, in the following order: Hammer, Screwdriver, Batteries, Hacksaw Blade, Shotgun Shells.

Go to door.

Type in code.
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Indigo:
You take the items and walk to the door. The sound of combat has passed with the waning screams of a dying man being dragged away faster than he can run, and to replace it, a solemn silence envelops all that lies outside the door, accompanied by a single drip that falls every few seconds. With a hand shaking in great joy and relief, you raise your fingers to the clean, metal pad that controls your only feasible way out. Your heart beats and pumps faster and your breathing speeds up and becomes more irregular of a pattern. Something, deep in the back of your mind, desires for you to get out of this place. Well... here we go. Perhaps you count along to each number entered. Maybe you don't.
E.
C.
1.
7. 3.
9. 7. 4.

7.
Perhaps it was the memory and attention to detail an artisan should possess, maybe it was the survival instinct kicking in, but nonetheless, the password is entered perfectly. Each number entered makes a beep, each beep getting progressively louder and higher pitched to the point where the third seven, the final number, bothers your ears and grates ever so slightly on your nerves. Your breathing almost returns to its normal speed, but your heart continues its frantic work. All that's left to do is press the big button on the bottom that says "ENTER", and you can turn the hatch. You ready to be free, cagedogs?

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:47:37 pm by Slayerhero90 »
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Cautiously look outside.
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

You bang your head into the closed door. Genius.
Press enter and turn the hatch first.
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Oh, I thought I had.

Press enter, open door slightlu, look out cautiously.
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Indigo:
You peek outside. It's almost as dark as it was in the store-room. Windows line the ceiling of a T-section of hallways. The light coming from them says that not only will night fall soon, but it's about to rain. Down the hallway to the left, the only functioning ceiling light in sight flickers on and off. Cast under the broken fixture is an Iloial Lotus's corpse sans torso. The limbs are still clothed by ripped up Kevlar. A handgun lies clutched in his right hand by rigor mortis. He must not have died after you woke up; he has to have been here a while. Other signs of death having happened a few hours ago include the corpse's faint lividity, giving the ground-touching portions a more amber appearance and the pallor mortis having grayed the upwards-facing tissues. But where could the pieces of him that aren't limbs be? The central hallway leads to another T-section with an opened door into a dark room directly across. In the darkness of the rightwards hallway, big, blank, white eyes stare at you from the height of a small child's head.
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Gotdamnmiracle

  • Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile

Grab the duct tape and screws and join the others quickly.
Logged
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Ralu:
Your quickness pushes you past Indigo and into the hallway.
splish splash
Warm blood splashes up your leg as you step outside the door and into the hallway. The white eyes stare blankly at both of you.
tsusch tsusch tsusch crunch
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Gotdamnmiracle

  • Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile

Combat roll over the corpse, grabbing the pistol and ending in the kneeling, pointing the pistol at the white eyes.

"Back off! Can anyone tell me what is going on here?!"
Logged
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Ralu:
It's a longer way than that to the corpse. You turn that way, but decide against it, not wanting to turn your back to the eyes. The eyes are closer. Closer. While you turned, they must have moved. They don't... blink. You stare at eachother for minutes. That crunching and chewing sound continues, coming from the direction of the eyes. Upon ordering it to back off, it simply tilts its head and... steps(?) closer. You can just see the large eyes, but it seems to have walked. Whatever this thing is, it isn't... a sentient. You don't know what it is.
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11