Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Ghosts of Exile Plateau: Looking for... Victims... to help flesh out the lore.  (Read 8719 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Alexander:
You... wake up, but not in the storeroom. You're somewhere else entirely. All you know about your situation is that it's dark, the tile floor's wet, and it smells like death.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

Alexander got up, and looked around the room.
"Ugh... Where am I?"
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alexander:
It's too dark to make out any shapes whatsoever, so instead you feel around yourself for something to indicate where you are. Your hand comes in contact with something with a leafy texture. Whatever it is, it's somewhat sticky and has the malleability of something just a bit firmer than muscular flesh. It's about the thickness of your thigh and cold to the touch.
My tumblr.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

Alexander decided to inspect the object, curious what it could possibly be.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alexander:
Further inspection reveals that it's in the shape of a severed thigh. Alexander's holding a bit of dead person. He's probably also sitting in a bit of dead person.
My tumblr.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

Alex drops the thigh, and slowly backs away from the corpse, looking afraid.
"My god... I need to get out of here."
Horrified, he searches for an exit.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile

"Quiet, pinkling. Sit down and et your unspecial head clear. And give me a second to think in peace. I need to help this illiterate cat.

Ralu reads the text in blood.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alexander:
Your frantic attempts to escape, for the most part, only result in tracking sap and blood around. The floor transitions from tile to carpet. You also discover that there are more corpses in this room and that they are of all of the sentient species, with a relatively larger concentration of Nyelrrithics. A Demonblood's horn, daggerlike in design, clacks under your feet right before you bump into something hard, the top at the height of your hip. You think it's made of metal and it seems to have paper on it. You stumble onto it face-first, scattering whatever was on it to the ground.

Ralu:
For one, Alexander is nowhere near you. Ith must think you're talking to yourself. Ehh... Lotuses aren't especially known for their sanity, so it makes a bit of sense for you to be insane already.

Anyways, the text says,
"Jutït, xor naijarït, aqrî, Ïloîal, Dëxöz, Junên, qö Nâsjez! Ad kjem do Shudovaij wibêthloqt lôn! Ad Gamâz Doktor wipêcloqt sejar!"

You look at it for a few seconds before involuntarily mumbling it to yourself phonetically. It seems familiar, but you can't quite figure out what it says.
"Yoo-tit, sor ny-yar-it, ogg-ree, I-loi-ull, Duh-soohzh, Yu-nen, kooh Nayz-yayzh... Odd kyaym doh Shu-do-vy-yeh wee-beth-loct loohn... Odd Gah-mayzh Doke-tor wee-petch-loct say-yar..."

Saying the words gets your memories returning. This is in Cêmïral, an offshoot of Warspeak that takes elements of German and Kestvoshorik. The alphabet was heavily inspired by Cyrillic, Greek, and Latin. It's most commonly spoken in the Exile colonies, where the Iloial who don't fit in, are insane, or are religious/political criminals are sent. The writing, while crude, is grammatically correct. It says, roughly,
"Run, or die, all, Iloial, Demonblood, Human, and Nyelrrithic! A/the age of Shudovaij will come on! A/the Plague Doctor will oversee it!"
You don't recognize the word "Shudovaij", but it has "ij" at the end, making it likely a plural.
(You just remembered Cêmïral, so now you can speak it. When doing so, you need to put <Cem> between the first quotation mark and the first word of the quote.)
My tumblr.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

He squirmed about on the floor, before deciding to Inspect the piece of paper.
"What the frak happened here? It's like a Massacre happened here!"

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alexander:
It's a piece of bloody paper. Still too dark to see. Upon moving the paper, something plastic and almost cylindrical rolls off the surface and onto something cushioned and at half the height, next to you.
My tumblr.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile

"Hm. Some insane rantings. Don't worry yourself with it."

Open the metal crate.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

As he stumbled through the dark, he looked for the cylindrical object.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ralu:
The crate does not contain a flashlight. However, it does contain a stack of basic employee uniforms, likely for the people who work at the desk. Just some businesswear with a few green accents, numbering about ten sets. By the way, there's a reason I haven't included anything you started out with in the inventory. You woke up with nothing. Figure out what to do with the outfits. Probably should have given them to you earlier. Sorry.

Alexander:
Fumbling around, you pick up a flashlight from a remarkably dry chair. You flick it on and see that it has batteries. The light shines on a Nyelrrithic corpse. Her body is covered in insects, burrowing into her skin. A bit of unsettling information, by the way; her skin hasn't even shown any signs of pallor mortis yet. She died within the last 20 minutes or so, while you were sleeping.
My tumblr.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

With the flashlight in his hand, Alex decided to look around the room, for anything that could possibly be of use.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alexander:
Desks, filing cabinets, corpses, rolling chairs, computers, keyboards, photoframes, pencils, and paper. That's most of what you see, the rest being walls, floor, and cieling. On the desk you bumped into, the note you dropped lies face-up, saying something in a different language than Ralu's blood message. Started with an R, though. You remember that...

Other things lying on the desk are a pencil, a mouse, a damaged monitor, a bloody keyboard, a small, round, glass paperweight, and a book, written in English.
My tumblr.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11