Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Ghosts of Exile Plateau: Looking for... Victims... to help flesh out the lore.  (Read 7131 times)

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Alex:
You eventually shine the flashlight on a lightswitch hanging broken and useless out of the wall. It's right next to a dented metal door.

Ralu:
One at a time. There's ten of them.
The first one contains an intact security helmet, a nametag, a bullet casing, and a small doll.

The security helmet bears the letters "DSX" in white. It does not appear to have a face, instead being one-way vision.

The nametag bears the Cmral Feminine name Xonlz Jcutin.

The doll was likely handmade in some Demonblood country, from the fact that it's a Demonblood being portrayed by the doll, the clothes it's wearing, and the design of the doll itself. It looks very old; the colors have faded and it's been patched up quite a few times. The skin on the doll looks to have once been bright red, wearing black and cyan clothing. The hair was probably brown and the horns were the normal ivory color. The hair is not arranged in any style and the horns are simple and short.
The doll was made before the world got in its condition. Before the first bionuke fell. Before the Green Glass Castle was built. Before Lecidia became so split between ethnicities. It's at least 24 years old.
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Gotdamnmiracle

  • Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile

Put the helmet on a pocket the doll. Attempt to open the door to the armory. If it won't budge kick it down.

Logged
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

OREOSOME

  • Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

Alex saw the door, and attempted to open it up.
Logged
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Ralu:
Without checking the others? Fine.
The door to the armory, missing its handle, does not open. Your attempt to kick it down is met with pain in your ankle and a still-intact door. You'd need something stronger.

Alex:
The door's locked. Frustrated, you shine the light around the room and it falls on a barricaded window. The wood looks like it could easily be pulled off and if not, broken down. It would probably be useful to know the time of day and what floor you're on.
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Gotdamnmiracle

  • Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile

Check the others. Blame it on ADHD.
Logged
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

borno

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"There's some clothes in here for you."
Give Indigo the box and follow Ralu. Help him in checking the lockers.
Logged

OREOSOME

  • Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

Alex went up to the window, and attempted to pry the boards of, or break them down if need be.
Logged
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Harry959

  • Bay Watcher
  • Anti-Flanking Bomber Goat
    • View Profile

Aaktuvus army-bug crawls (Probably looks pretty weird with 4 arms) from behind the desk and attempts to get a look at the holder of the flashlight.
Logged

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Ralu:
The others are fine. You, on the other hand...
Also, you blame it on your ADD, baby! ((No matter what the genre, I had to make that joke.))

Ith:
The next locker contains a pack of cigarettes, a lighter, and five Sevens of Diamonds, each from a different set.

Alex:
There are five boards.
The first one practically falls off upon touching it. The second one puts up a lot more resistance, but comes off. Third has to be smashed off. Fourth is almost as weak as the first.
The fifth one is difficult. You strike at it with the pipe at least eight times before it breaks in two, and then have to force it out of the way of the window, which you seem to have broken.

You look out the window. It's even closer to dark, but the open window drastically improves the light levels of the room, in addition to letting the smell of death that's been trapped with you in there out. You look down from what looks like the third floor of a four story building at a courtyard. Bodies. Just a field of bodies, lying on the concrete, grass, dirt, and metal. There are towers out there, on the corners. This place was well defended before whatever did this happened. You start to cough. It's still raining, and the air is hard to breathe. Outside the walls, multiple sets of glowing white eyes stare at the bodies. There are no corpses near the closed entrance gate. Every few minutes, a pair of eyes will dash over the gate at disturbing speed and leave carrying a body, unhindered by the weight.

A truck rests near the entrance gate, driver's door ripped off and tossed across the yard. The windows are broken, the tires are shredded, and the massive bloodstain coating the inside of the car, the outside of the car, the ground, and the walls is likely the driver. The truck's bed is full of metal crates that were completely left alone. Someone with better eyes might be able to tell you what they say.

Aaktuvus:
Now that it's bright, you can see him clearly. He's that guy standing next to the recently opened window looking out.
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

OREOSOME

  • Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

"Oh dear. That does not bode well. If those things caused all of this death... I'm gonna need something to protect myself with, other than this pipe."
He stepped away from the window, now looking for something to wear for protection.
Logged
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Gotdamnmiracle

  • Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile

The other lockers.

:1
Logged
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

borno

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NEEEEEXT!
Logged

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Ralu and Ith:
Third's empty, fourth's got a pair of glasses and some sort of drawing notebook.
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

borno

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Flick through the notebook while opening anther locker.
Logged

Slayerhero90

  • Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Ith:
You lay eyes on the first page and are immediately impressed. Whoever wrote this has a strong sense of anatomy, but an even greater understanding of weapons. The first page is a drawing of the schematics of a knife, done in great detail. Just need a good blade, some glue or other adhesive, and a handle. Second page is a demonstration of said knife's usage. It points out the best places to strike and what each attack does.
(You have learned how to assemble a basic knife and how to properly use one. Both of these knowledges can be shared.)
Logged
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11