Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Ghosts of Exile Plateau: Looking for... Victims... to help flesh out the lore.  (Read 8553 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

You're trapped in a storeroom. It's somewhat large, with dirty tiled floors and rusted metal walls. There's only one door, but it won't open. Along the walls, in the middle of one half of the floor, shelves, each holding a few cardboard boxes in varying states of decay, stand. In the other half, the one with the door and the clearing, there is one toppled shelf with a clean footlocker in one of the holes. There are no windows, but you're probably near the surface, as you can hear gunshots and animals. You have no idea how you got here, remembering almost nothing aside from simple things like breathing, seeing, eating, drinking, sleeping, the English language, and fighting, but you know you need to get out. It might be the alarm going off outside the room that's giving you that idea.

It's dark in there. Each of you can barely make out the most basic details of eachother, limited to gender and species.
What are you?

Spoiler: Choices of Species (click to show/hide)

Ask me if you need any more info. Slots are infinite, D20 dice rolls will only be used for determining the result of very important things.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:21:02 am by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I am an Iris Iolial. Why do they have genders?

My name is clever: Indigo.

Action: Greet the others, search a cardboard box.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((They have genders because they need to breed. Anyways I asked for gender, too, so tell me.))

Upon touching one of the mold-covered boxes, is disintegrates into dust. You can't tell what was once in it; it just looks like a lump of rust.
My tumblr.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

a nyelrrithic called Rei Small

Female

Look for vents, greet Indigo "Hi, Iloial."(should I know his name yet?)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You shouldn't know eachother's names.))

There is one vent, but it's in the ceiling, and of course no sane person would build a vent that somebody, even a Nyelrrithic, could escape in. That makes little logical sense. If one were to try to get in- and succeed- they would just be met with dust. They'd probably also get stuck
My tumblr.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile

(I liked your last game. I hope this one goes better.)

Iloial Lotus named Ralluh Foomi

Female

Try to search boxes and organize contents.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:55:40 am by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

REDACTED.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 07:33:57 pm by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm sorry, Jbg, but, since this game's supposed to be serious plus nightmare fuel-ridden, please change your character's name and play semi-seriously. I beg of ye.))
((Ralu Fumi would fit better with Iloial naming conventions, in this case being a Cêmïral name. Also, what caste is she?))

Ralu:
Most boxes do the same thing. They disintegrate and leave no intact valuables. One box holds a sealed plastic packet of an unidentified number screws (the number's come off of the packaging), while another had a roll of duct tape.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 07:35:56 pm by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm sorry, Jbg, but, since this game's supposed to be serious plus nightmare fuel-ridden, please change your character's name and play semi-seriously. I beg of ye.))
Never mind then. I will take my derailing presence elsewhere.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((They have genders because they need to breed. Anyways I asked for gender, too, so tell me.))
Most plants, if not all, are hermaphrodites. Of course, since I noticed this is evidently a DF mod, your hands are tied...femaler.

Strike several boxes and search through the remnants.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((There are some that have genders. Some. And, as to the quantity of females, that's just how the scientist who funded the project to create the Iloial wanted it. All of them were eccentrics. Also, the deeper one cuts into an Iloial, the more animal tissues they find. The skin, most of the muscle, the blood, and the bones are plant, while the heart, digestive systems, and
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
are entirely animal cell.))

Indigo:
More dust, more rust. You do find a blade that looks like it belongs to a pocketknife, though.
My tumblr.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep the blade and locate the door.
Walk over to the door and locate any and all of the following: doorknob, lock, and crack around the door.
Sig

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((WHAT IS INDIGO'S GENDER?! IT WILL FOREVER CLAW AT MY MIND LIKE A SWARM OF HUNGRY SHUDOVAIJ IF YOU DON'T TELL ME! I'll assume Indigo's female until them.))

Indigo:
The door fits near seamlessly into the wall. Its handle is a large valve in the center, and it seems to be locked with a keypad. It's got 17 numbers on it and looks to require 9 characters. You can't remember which culture uses that base. The insane screaming, gunshots, and flesh wound inflictions are even more audible. Whatever's going on is happening right outside the door.

The footlocker, and everything else in the room, gets shaken from an explosion outside.
My tumblr.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((WHAT IS INDIGO'S GENDER?! IT WILL FOREVER CLAW AT MY MIND LIKE A SWARM OF HUNGRY SHUDOVAIJ IF YOU DON'T TELL ME! I'll assume Indigo's female until them.))
Good choice.
femaler.

Give each numeral an arbitrary designation, from 0 to G. Try 000000000.
Sig

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Indigo:
The door does nothing. It might even be doing less than nothing.
My tumblr.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11