Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not loading correct savegame anymore?  (Read 1259 times)

Mastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Not loading correct savegame anymore?
« on: February 27, 2013, 06:31:27 pm »

Hello everyone,

I just ran into a very frustrating problem that I hope you can help me out with.

So last night I was a happy little dworf on planet earth pumping more hours into my latest fortress until I had to leave for work. So I saved my game and went off. I just got back and I wanted to play some more. (thinking this is probably gonna be a long night, I was up 'til 5:30 last night working on this thing) But when I started Dwarf Fortress and tried to load region7 (my current save) I got a fatal error that told me "Missing body creature: RCP_EYELIDS". So I went Googling and found some old threads that mentioned this error. They said I had to update my body_rcp. So I did. Still error. So I (copied and) edited my save's raw file, pasting that in. Error was gone and game loaded! Yay!

However, instead of loading region7, it loaded region1 (my only other save). So I tried again a couple of times without luck. I then tried a RCP_EYELIDS fix from the Phoebes thread, but that didn't do anything either. Both world.sav's were edited 27-02-13 15:45 (which is about when I launched dwarffort yesterday), but region1 one goes upto unit-184.dat and region7 to unit-532.dat, which is strange, because I was further along in region1. In Dwarf Fortress when on the loading screen all the names and data are the same, except for the folder names.

What is going on? How can I get back into my save?

I'm using LazyNewbPack 34.11 with Phoebus 34. I only have a dwarffort 0.34.11 folder, so I don't think an update caused my problem, which is strange, because that was the cause in all the other RCP_EYELIDS errors.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It might be handy to add that I was running two instances of dwarf fortress, I was looking at my old fort while building my new one. But I've been doing that for days now, and the problem didn't occur until now.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 06:38:57 pm by Mastermind »

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
Re: Not loading correct savegame anymore?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 08:28:06 pm »

I don't remember specifics or how to fix it, but as far as I remember these two things will cause this problem:

-Trying to load an older savegame with a newer version of DF
-Changing or upgrading graphics sets on an older savegame.

The only way LNP would have anything to do with this is that it lets you update graphics and savegames.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Mastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 08:45:03 pm »

Thanks for your reply.

I did neither.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 05:39:44 pm »

I hope these two instances weren't from the same directory.

How loading works:
* Copy the 'regionX' folder to 'current'

How saving works:
* Copy the 'current' folder to 'regionX'
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

Mastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 10:48:47 am »

Yeah they where, and you've just identified the cause :P

Thanks.