Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Madoka RTD Pregame RP Round 5: The Hunt  (Read 30942 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Madoka RTD Pregame RP Round 5: The Hunt
« on: March 04, 2013, 09:02:41 am »

Warning: This entire thread should be considered huge spoilers for Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
The anime's plot is really centered around the various reveals and plot twists, and this thread will spoil them all for you. So go watch the anime if you haven't yet; this RTD will still be here when you're done.

Introduction
This RTD will take place in the Madoka universe, before the ending of the anime. Specifically, we're in Anime New York. It's exactly like regular New York except that weird anime hair/eye color is commonplace.

You are a pubescent girl, age 13 to 17, who either has been or soon will be contacted by the alien Kyubey (that's me). Kyubey offers a contract - he will grant any wish, in exchange, you will be a magical girl and fight evil. It's a dangerous career.

Spoiler: rolls and combat (click to show/hide)

The campaign will alternate between mostly RP normal life sections, where you go through the trials of a teenager's life, and mostly combat witch hunt sections, where you go through the trials of hunting down and killing randomized witches.

I expect deaths to be frequent, so make sure to get on the waitlist if you're not one of the initial five. People will go through it pretty quickly.

Spoiler: attributes and skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: starting and leveling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ability List (click to show/hide)

Well, that was a lot of rules. It took a while to make this stuff up. Feel free to pose rules questions.

Spoiler: signing up (click to show/hide)

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:53:24 pm by penguinofhonor »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Madoka RTD: Table of Contents Post
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 09:03:11 am »

Players:

Waitlist:
  • superBlast
  • Corsair
  • scapheap
  • BlasterKyubey210

Dead:
  • None!

Table of Contents:
Pregame RP Round 1: A Little Playing Maybe
Pregame RP Round 2: Background Noise
Pregame RP Round 3: Two More
Pregame RP Round 4: Machinations
Pregame RP Round 5: The Hunt

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:55:14 pm by penguinofhonor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

So, how is it? Good enough, or too long, dark and awkward to place in the game?

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile

Man, I love that show, reserving spot. When will you be picking sheets, because I don't have time to make
one right now. But I will later today.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Interested to see how this will end up.

PTW.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

I'll definitely reserve a spot. I'll type up my sheet later tonight.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:04:43 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Let do this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Heeere, Incubator~ (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:57:54 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

((Well... never seen the anime (except EP 1 but not too interested in it.)... though have read plenty of doujin about it lol.))

Name: Gale Flagg
Physical Appearance: As loli as loli can be (except the age part). Long white hair, Orange eyes, nothing else of particular interest.
Family: Grandparents(mother's side)(in the apartment next door), mother(Nurse), father (he's dead though), older brother (lives on his own but nearby, visits the family every once in a while. Goes to college).
Interests: Video games, and martial arts.
Biography up to before contract: Gale is a pretty hardcore gamer that plays all sorts of games and is quite good at most of them. She also practices martial arts at the karate dojo that a few blocks from where she lives. At school she's quite well known... mainly since she is the only student that doesn't even look like a high schooler. Though other then that she only has one close friend that goes to the same karate dojo together. They don't have too many common interests but they enjoy hanging out together. Though her friend just finds Gale extremely cute due to her loli look. Gale just recently gained her black belt and her friend is a green belt. Gale's current favorite game is Metal Gears of Solid 2.

((If you want me to give more names or slight changes I can ahead and make them real quick. Kinda suck with names though.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Hm...this sounds vaguely interesting. However, all I know about magical girls comes from TV Tropes.

...Screw it, character sheet coming up.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Question, can I be a Male magical girl like that zombie guy from Kore wa Zombie desu ka? I know completely different anime but I just find it hilarious he's a guy... but is also a magical girl.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

((Question, can I be a Male magical girl like that zombie guy from Kore wa Zombie desu ka? I know completely different anime but I just find it hilarious he's a guy... but is also a magical girl.))
((My guess would be no, seeing as how the all-female thing is one of the more distinctive elements of the Madoka system. It also brings back scarring memories of a certain steampunk magical girl RTD. Hilarious, but scarring.))

3. Run Resize Enable

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What there's some good canon reason all the main characters from the show are girls other then adding in as much potential fan service as possible?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Male magical girl
Um...oxymoron much?

like that zombie guy
It strikes me that that doesn't seem much like a serious magical girl guy former person.

-----

Due to my lack of experience with magical girls, I used a little help to generate my general concept. And boy, is it...interesting.

Name: Gretchen W. Gardener (hey, it's a nice acronym!)
Appearance: Gretchen has large, red eyes which draw most peoples' attention. Her dark black hair would be thick and wavy if she didn't cut it so short; it's maybe a centimeter, tops, possibly half that. She is pretty thin, especially at the waist. Gretchen wears blacks and blues, often both colors at once, as well as several bracelets (not all at once, but usually not only one or two at once either).
Family: Includes Mother, Father, Elder Brother, Younger Sister, Maternal Grandmother
Interests: Science Fiction, Entomology, Thrills, Literature
Personality: Secretive and tricky. Typically more likely to hide her strengths than show them off. Obfusticates clumsiness when not around anything important. Despite this, pretty kind.
Bio: Gretchen was born to a fairly well-off family. She always had too much free time, a lot of which was spent with her older brother. Dan wasn't a good influence. While Gretchen never got into the kind of trouble her brother did, she does enjoy causing mischief. Despite this, Gretchen is a kind girl when people or certain kinds of animals get involved, and she's a good student; these are due to the more gentle influence of her father, a Christian who tries to raise his children to be moral.
What's supposed to be here, anyways?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:27:10 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

((What there's some good canon reason all the main characters from the show are girls other then adding in as much potential fan service as possible?))
((Um. Not to be rude, but Madoka wasn't exactly a fanservice-oriented show. It was, however, about the greatest drink ever made. Though if your only exposure has been through doujins...))

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9