Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Madoka RTD Pregame RP Round 5: The Hunt  (Read 30940 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: So You Want to Be a Magical Girl Pregame RP Round 2: Background Noise
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2013, 01:18:44 pm »

Well, thank you for sitting through this ridiculous recruitment process. It was a bit of an experiment and, well, probably not worth it. Oh well, next time if I want a more detailed signup session I'll know how to streamline this pretty significantly.

Our final magical girl is Empiricist's character Alice Irrisor, power level 9.

The rest of you were good, and I'm putting the rest of this round's submissions on the waitlist in randomized order. It's not ordered by submission time cause I didn't want to punish anyone for either getting theirs in quickly or spending extra time revising. Here's the list:
  • superBlast
  • Corsair
  • scapheap

Right now I'm going to do one more round of Pregame RP with Harry Baldman and GreatWyrmGold. Next round will have something for Flying Dice and Wwolin, and the round after that will have something for Empiricist. They'll continue as long as they need to, then we'll snap to the present with an encounter that our first two girls will go on and our next two girls will get caught up in. Hopefully I'll be able to update these pretty rapidly.

Pregame RP Round 2
<- PGRP Round 1 | PGRP Round 3 ->

Since it is Diane's first time fighting a witch (or fighting anyone, for that matter) and she doesn't want to either die herself or let Gretchen die due to lack of caution and knowledge, she tried to fight as defensively as possible, focusing on protecting herself and Gretchen as well as providing support to her teammate. Of her abilities, Wall of Fire was used most in the battle, with the intent being to lure the shapes into striking at her, then eliminate them by springing the wall at the right time.
I focus on making sure Diane doesn't get hurt, and of course myself. When on the offense, I start with weaker attacks which "cost" less and slowly move up into more and more "expensive" moves as needed. As best as possible given her lack of understanding, at least.

Congratulations, PKLEHK XKVK is defeated. At Kyubey's instruction you guys grab the grief seed, fill your soul gems back up, and feed him the empty thing. The fight wasn't too difficult, but it was definitely too dangerous for you to take lightly. Still, you know you can at least fight alongside the other girl.

After the fight, you sit near where the entrance to her barrier once was. "So now you know what it's like to be a magical girl. Is there anything you want to know?" Do you ask anything? If so, what? You may also ask questions of each other.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 04:43:26 am by penguinofhonor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2013, 01:38:40 pm »

This whole thing seemed very strange to Diane - the fighting, the barriers, the mazes, the killing - and she had several questions to ask of Kyubey, chiefly among which were: who or what are the witches? Where did they come from? Were they always here, or is this some kind of recent development? These seemed like pretty important things to ask. After all, there might be centuries of tradition here she was completely unaware about.

She also really wanted to ask Gretchen something. Anything, really, just to get some sense of socialization happening between them. She had been thinking up questions for practically the entire time they'd been together, but they had all seemed... silly, to tell the truth, if you consider the situation they were in. They'd hardly said a word to each other the entire evening, and here she was, about to crack a wide smile and ask "What's your favorite food?" or something equally inane as that. The more she thought about it, the more she overthought it. Everything seemed silly. So she just waited for Gretchen to make the first move in terms of any questions in order to not make a complete idiot of herself.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Madoka RTD Pregame RP Round 2: Background Noise
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2013, 02:30:25 pm »

I am wary of any magical girl with the name Gretchen. Just so you know.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2013, 03:26:24 pm »

power level 9
I find it rather ironic that I'm the person who gets a 9 despite not even being sure whether I'd contract or not. I'll post my stats later.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2013, 03:40:55 pm »

Actually... yeah, I'll let the non-contracted girls choose their level 1 stats in case we need to do some rolls during the RP stuff. You don't have SP yet, though. So watch out for getting beaten up without a soul gem because it's a little lethal.

So here are the base stat modifications for everyone:
Willamena Woodson (Wwolin): -1 AGI, -1 WIL, 6 attribute points
Elizabeth Evans (Flying Dice): -1 STR, -3 WIL, 6 attribute points, adverse (-25% to all attributes in normal life)
Alice Irrisor (Empiricist): 8 attribute points

Huh, I had to give FD his ability since it could have potentially been relevant in normal life, and it was! How convenient.

power level 9

I find it rather ironic that I'm the person who gets a 9 despite not even being sure whether I'd contract or not. I'll post my stats later.

You clearly haven't watched the anime.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2013, 03:53:35 pm »

I am wary of any magical girl with the name Gretchen. Just so you know.
Why so suspicious? Is there some Madoka thing I'm not aware of thanks to never getting past the A's on TV Tropes?

Anyways.

-----

Gretchen thought for a moment, deciding to start by asking Kyubey a question or two that had been nagging her.

"What's with the contracts, anyways? Are these witches so terrible that you need to get human girls to fight them for you? Why not use adults, or...whatever you are? And how often do witches appear? ...And how much longer do we have to do this?"

After Kyubey answered her questions, she glanced at Diane, who clearly looked uncomfortable. Probably. It's hard to tell past her...you know. Diane was glancing at Gretchen, too; did she want to talk? She couldn't think of anything to ask her which she thought would be appropriate, so Gretchen settled for "How have you been?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2013, 04:07:37 pm »

I expect you to question somebody's religion at least once.

Gretchen is also the name of the witch that is created from Madoka, and far more powerful than Walpurgisnacht. Kriemhild Gretchen is, well... let's say it heralded the end of the world as they knew it.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2013, 04:23:56 pm »

((FD has our backstory, so it should be up soon.))

Stats!
1 Dex
2 Cha
1 Str
1 Int
-1 Agi
0 Will
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2013, 04:42:45 pm »

I expect you to question somebody's religion at least once.
Ah.

Gretchen is also the name of the witch that is created from Madoka, and far more powerful than Walpurgisnacht. Kriemhild Gretchen is, well... let's say it heralded the end of the world as they knew it.
...Oh.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2013, 05:01:33 pm »

((FD has our backstory, so it should be up soon.))
((I pmed it to PoH. If you need it posted here as well, just let me know.))

STR: 0
DEX: 1
AGI: 1
INT: 0
WIL: 0
CHA: 0

Oh dear. I hope nobody becomes too attached to little Eli, she looks like she's ripe for a Mamiesque Bad End.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2013, 05:44:06 pm »

Nah, Mami has skill.

You won't even make it past Stage one. :V

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2013, 01:21:37 am »

power level 9

You clearly haven't watched the anime.
((I mean, ironic as in, to my knowledge I don't think anyone has repeatedly looped time in an attempt to prevent Alice from contracting.))
Additional Stat Point Distribution:
    Strength (STR) - 1
    Dexterity (DEX) - 1
    Agility (AGI) - 1
    Intelligence (INT) - 1
    Willpower (WIL) - 2
    Charisma (CHA) - 2
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:25:51 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Madoka RTD Pregame RP Round 3: Two More
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2013, 04:42:49 am »

Socialize freely if you're in the same spot. Or, I guess, if you can communicate with the other person. I assume magical girls keep their cell phones, though they'd get pretty terrible reception in a barrier.

Pregame RP Round 3
<- PGRP Round 2 | PGRP Round 4 ->

This whole thing seemed very strange to Diane - the fighting, the barriers, the mazes, the killing - and she had several questions to ask of Kyubey, chiefly among which were: who or what are the witches? Where did they come from? Were they always here, or is this some kind of recent development? These seemed like pretty important things to ask. After all, there might be centuries of tradition here she was completely unaware about.

"Witches are evil spirits born of great sorrow. They've been around for thousands of years, as long as magical girls have."

Gretchen thought for a moment, deciding to start by asking Kyubey a question or two that had been nagging her.

"What's with the contracts, anyways? Are these witches so terrible that you need to get human girls to fight them for you? Why not use adults, or...whatever you are? And how often do witches appear? ...And how much longer do we have to do this?"

"A contract is a part of becoming a magical girl, as it ensures the girl gets something in return for her help. Humans seem to be the most uniquely suited to fight witches, specifically young girls. My race is particularly unsuited for it. Witches appear frequently, at least as quickly as we can defeat them. That's why we need more magical girls to help fight them!"

He pauses after your last question. "You'll be fighting for the rest of your life."

It's getting dark. Ask any final questions and finish up your conversation before you head home.

Elizabeth and Willamina first met in their high school's library, each of them cutting class in favor of doing something more interesting. The two had much in common, at least as far as bibliophilia and disdain for the public school system are concerned, though their tastes in reading had few common areas—this lead to a habit of each teasing the other about their interests. Willamina had a much more active social life, both at home and at school, and her active nature helped to draw Elizabeth out of her self-made shell. Willamina is growing more concerned about her grades; this has Elizabeth worried that they may drift apart, if not now then when they graduate. Still, they're only 14. There's plenty of time left to enjoy, right?

It's a cool August day and school just let out. It's too early in the school year for either of you to have much homework, so you've gotten permission from your families to hang out after school. Where do you go, what do you do, etc?

Status
And now the statuses are all written out. Correct any mistakes. I haven't put stats in for any attacks or wish abilities yet. That'll be in with the next round.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:13:58 am by penguinofhonor »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2013, 09:13:22 am »

"Hey, Willa, I was thinking... maybe we could go somewhere and hang out today? I don't have anything I need to do. If that's okay with you, I mean."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2013, 10:06:23 am »

"Oh. Thousands of years. Huh. Do.. uh... many of these magical girls reach the age of, say, twenty? Can they ever retire due to, um, infirmity or something?"

After Kyubey answered her questions, she glanced at Diane, who clearly looked uncomfortable. Probably. It's hard to tell past her...you know. Diane was glancing at Gretchen, too; did she want to talk? She couldn't think of anything to ask her which she thought would be appropriate, so Gretchen settled for "How have you been?"

Diane looks almost thankful for the question. At that moment, she realizes she can't really give a very pleasing answer.

"Well, I've been good! Er, sort of good. I mean, this fighting is kind of stressful. We could have died or something, I guess. But let's think positive. We won! And now we get to do this for the rest of our lives. Hm."

Okay. So that's not very good. Think positive! Be interesting!

"I've been doing great at school! I was homeschooled, you know, so I'm kind of ahead of the class a bit. Though I did give the history teacher a heart attack. She made the weirdest face and I got scared and I-"

Positive things, dang it!

"-well, to tell the truth I'm pretty glad I was paralyzed with fear back there. It could have been worse. I could have started to laugh from the stress, since her face was a bit silly, now that I think about it. Or started to do an impression or something."

She looks thoughtfully into the distance for a long moment.

"You know, it would be pretty funny if somebody's natural reaction to stress was a Vincent Price impression."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:23:07 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9