Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Madoka RTD Pregame RP Round 5: The Hunt  (Read 32319 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Madoka RTD Pregame RP Round 3: Two More
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2013, 03:58:13 pm »

Gretchen sat still and listened as Diane babbled a bit. Poor girl, she thought. Gretchen could tell she was probably trying to unwind a bit, release her feelings--and anyways, what's the proper response to someone saying they gave their history teacher a heart attack or trying to think positively while talking about how they'll be flirting with death for the rest of their lives?--so she remained silent. After Diane's remarks about Vincent Price and stress, there was a brief moment of silence as Gretchen waited to see if Diane had anything else to say.

"...Yes, I suppose it would be. Um...you say you're doing well in school? What's your favorite subject so far?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2013, 04:12:32 pm »

Diane was glad to see the conversation start to go places. This "making friends" thing might not be so tragic after all.

"Well, I think I'm doing good because I have a head start. Time will tell what happens next, I guess. I hope it's something good, myself. Good things are good."

She goes quiet.

"Well, obviously they're good, but... uh. Well. So. Right. Favorite subject. Biology's fun. And physics, those are good as well. Math is pretty fun at times. And English! Gotta love those English classes. Didn't have history yet, obviously, but I'm sure that's great fun as well. Or... uh... not? Maybe? Difficult to say and all. What's your favorite subject?"

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2013, 05:58:01 pm »

"That sounds fun. Where do you wanna go? The pool will still be open for a few more days, and there's that new movie showing in the theater too. You know, the one with the man-eating birds? I've heard it's supposed to be really funny."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2013, 06:02:11 pm »

"I like biology as well, and sciences in general. Math's useful, and I guess English is okay."

There was a slight pause.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2013, 06:16:01 pm »

"Man-eating birds? What, like Hitchcock? Sounds creepy, let's go!"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2013, 06:30:42 am »

((I wonder if the demographics of our characters are similar to the demographics in our character's school. It'd be rather amusing if the school had 75% attendance rates and abnormally high English marks.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2013, 06:45:29 am »

And they're all magical girls. With no boys.

Yeah, we're not going to be a good demographic sampler.
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2013, 09:47:20 am »

"I like biology as well, and sciences in general. Math's useful, and I guess English is okay."

There was a slight pause.

Oh crap. She's bored. Quick, change the subject!

"So, uh... have you thought where you're going to study after getting school over with? Seems like a good time to start thinking about that sort of thing."

Dammit, why can't she think of non-bland conversation topics!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2013, 03:14:41 pm »

(Not so much bored as letting Diane choose the flow of conversation, but meh.)

"Um. I haven't given it much thought, actually...I guess I'd like to go into entomology, so I suppose some sciencey school...how about you? What're your plans for the future, should it come?"
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2013, 03:22:21 pm »

(Not so much bored as letting Diane choose the flow of conversation, but meh.)

"Um. I haven't given it much thought, actually...I guess I'd like to go into entomology, so I suppose some sciencey school...how about you? What're your plans for the future, should it come?"

"Well, I'm not entirely sure. Feeling partial to electrical engineering. Ooh, or carpentry. That sounds nice, too. I've always figured people should learn a trade, then pursue their dreams, you know? I'd like to produce movies for a living, but hey, so would thousands of better connected and qualified people, so that's in my 'become an astronaut' shelf of ambitions so far. So it's better to have a backup plan and stuff in case things go wrong and stuff."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2013, 05:09:15 pm »

"True, true..."

Another silence. What were they supposed to talk about?
What did Diane want to talk about? What's on her mind?
Sig

BlasterKyubey210

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2013, 10:59:33 pm »

PTW incoming

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2013, 01:07:58 am »

"True, true..."

Another silence. What were they supposed to talk about?
What did Diane want to talk about? What's on her mind?

Awkwardness approaching. Dang it!

"So, uh, how have you been?"

Creative smalltalk there, D.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2013, 02:09:14 am »

((What are the requirements to have a person who is not contracted removed from play? Seeing as they don't have SP and don't necessarily have to follow others into eldritch dimensions of death, despair and insanity.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Madoka RTD Pregame RP Round 4: Machinations
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2013, 08:13:05 am »

I've decided to get rid of partial success threes. They were annoying me, so now they're basic successes. Now a 4 in a stat gives you a 50% success rate, which I think is more appropriate. Technically I think that means this RTD runs on a d5 now as the base, but hey, this ain't real life. Virtual dice can easily be five sided.

And I've solidified death - once your Soul Gem is empty, you leave magical girl form and can't use any magic. You roll WIL - if you fail, you instantly become a witch, otherwise you get another round to live. You roll WIL at the end of every subsequent round, with a -3 penalty to the roll size that stacks every round. So -6 for your second turn, -9 for your third, and so on.

((What are the requirements to have a person who is not contracted removed from play? Seeing as they don't have SP and don't necessarily have to follow others into eldritch dimensions of death, despair and insanity.))

Well, I guess you could get killed. But once Kyubey has picked you out for contracting, he kind of keeps bothering you until you do it. The other option is probably having a magical girl erase your memory of Kyubey and any magical girl stuff - you'd probably just live out a normal life after that.

Pregame RP Round 4
<- PGRP Round 3 | PGRP Round 5 ->

"Oh. Thousands of years. Huh. Do.. uh... many of these magical girls reach the age of, say, twenty? Can they ever retire due to, um, infirmity or something?"

"There's no retirement. This is your life now." Kyubey leans towards you. "Don't worry. You're fighting evil."

You finish up your conversation and realize that it's getting quite late - you need to head back home.

Gretchen:
When you get home, your mother is still up. As soon as you walk in, she turns to you. "Your brother will be back in a week. He's going to be staying at a hospital for a while because the doctors want to run more tests on him, but we'll be able to arrange a time to visit as soon as he gets a room." She hardly seems to have noticed that you're late.

Gretchen+Diane:
A couple weeks pass. You two hunt down and fight several witches together, getting more used to the experience. School lets out and you greet to each other in passing. Gretchen is excited because she's supposed to see her brother at the hospital in an hour or so. As you begin to part, Kyubey hops down from on top of a locker.

"There's a witch to the south - a strong one. There are a lot of innocents around. You need to come over before anyone gets hurt."

"That sounds fun. Where do you wanna go? The pool will still be open for a few more days, and there's that new movie showing in the theater too. You know, the one with the man-eating birds? I've heard it's supposed to be really funny."
"Man-eating birds? What, like Hitchcock? Sounds creepy, let's go!"

You two walk to the movie theater. It's quite a few blocks south, but it's a pretty nice day, and the movie is in a few hours so you have more than enough time to get there. Eventually you arrive, but you'r half an hour early. What do you do while you wait? It's in a pretty fun area - there are a few places nearby for food or drinks, some arcade games, and similar things.

Alice:
School lets out - it's a pretty nice day out and you feel pretty good. But as you start to head home, darker thoughts creep back into your mind, ones you remember from years ago. All your old fears are coming back to you, and you become so lost in anxious thought that you don't know where you're going.

After a while you look up and find yourself outside the movie theater. Why did you come here? You feel like there's something inside, though. Answers, at least.

Status
Abilities have effects now! Attacks still don't. Similar wishes will result in similar wish abilities. They'll start out with the same effect, but if you survive to level 10/20/etc, the upgrades to it will be more unique.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:54:13 pm by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9