Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Madoka RTD Pregame RP Round 5: The Hunt  (Read 32330 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Madoka RTD Pregame RP Round 4: Machinations
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2013, 08:26:06 am »

"So, a strong witch. Sounds kinda like bad news. Wonder where she is?"

Take a careful look around and look for anything immediately suspicious in the area.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2013, 08:59:02 am »

I request the Table of Contents post also include links to the final version of character sheets. Awesome Kyubey ASCII art btw.

Also, once the pre-game is over will you show what the dice roll results were in addition to describing what that entails for the story?
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2013, 09:29:06 am »

"Want to get something to eat while we wait, Willa?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2013, 09:40:32 am »

I request the Table of Contents post also include links to the final version of character sheets.

Yeah, that's probably smart. I found myself searching for them a couple times while making the turn.

Also, once the pre-game is over will you show what the dice roll results were in addition to describing what that entails for the story?

There are no dice rolls in the pregame. Nobody is in any real danger. This is just letting the players help set up the initial turns instead of doing it purely by myself. Different parts of it have had different effectiveness - I'm being a little experimental here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2013, 03:45:55 pm »

"A witch? Now? Does the universe hate me or something?"

Turn Magical Girl and head south quickly, looking for the witch.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2013, 11:31:22 pm »

Why? Why have her thoughts retrograded back to what they were three years ago Alice wondered.
Perhaps I've been a bit stressed recently... the human mind is quite convoluted after all. I wouldn't be surprised if these thoughts stop if I occupy myself for a while... I wonder if I'll recognize anyone else from my school in the crowd, come to think of it, quite a lot of people in my class don't show up a quarter of the time to school, do they spend their time here? Or do they just shut themselves in their homes?
Searching for some solace from the thoughts of her super-ego, Alice surveys the area, looking for people that she may recognize.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:37:27 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2013, 08:44:11 am »

(Oh dear. Is the high-powered party member going to be a River? Also, a question and notice for penguin:

1. Can witches be affected by poison?

2. Today is going to be the last day I expect to have internet connectivity for the next week. I'll be on until tonight/early tomorrow, then away until next Sunday.))

3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2013, 01:12:41 pm »

1. Can witches be affected by poison?

By default, yeah. If a witch happened to be made of stone or something she'd probably be immune to stuff like that, but that's the exception.

2. Today is going to be the last day I expect to have internet connectivity for the next week. I'll be on until tonight/early tomorrow, then away until next Sunday.))

Eh, you'll probably miss two updates at worst. When in doubt, Wwolin can direct your character.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2013, 07:16:40 pm »

((Sounds good. I've already got a pretty good idea of my costume, weapon, and magic style. I'll work on it a bit more while away. See ya'll soon.))

3. Run Resize Enable

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2013, 10:38:46 pm »

Is the high-powered party member going to be a River?
((River?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2013, 05:22:13 am »

I request the Table of Contents post also include links to the final version of character sheets.

Yeah, that's probably smart. I found myself searching for them a couple times while making the turn.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123551.msg4078909#msg4078909 - Gretchen
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123551.msg4081304#msg4081304 - Diane
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123551.msg4078713#msg4078713 - Elizabeth
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123551.msg4077968#msg4077968 - Willamena
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123551.msg4086091#msg4086091 - Alice

Those are the latest as far as I can tell. Please put the links on the table of contents post.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2013, 07:28:03 am »

((River?))
My best guess is a Firefly reference.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2013, 08:44:20 am »

((River?))
My best guess is a Firefly reference.
((Bingo. Not a spot-on comparison, but similar enough to fit.))

3. Run Resize Enable

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2013, 10:27:11 am »

"Some food would be nice, but it's even more expensive than the movie tickets, and they won't let you take outside food and drinks into the theater. Hmmm... I KNOW! We can buy some candy at the grocery store, and then smuggle it in under our clothes, and nobody will be the wiser. Sound like a plan?"
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Madoka RTD Pregame RP Round 5: The Hunt
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2013, 06:53:26 pm »

Next round should be the last one before the game actually starts. It may be delayed by, uh, me playing Monster Hunter for like 72 hours straight. So be warned.

Pregame RP Round 5
<- PGRP Round 4 | PGRP Round 6 ->

"So, a strong witch. Sounds kinda like bad news. Wonder where she is?"

Take a careful look around and look for anything immediately suspicious in the area.
"A witch? Now? Does the universe hate me or something?"

Turn Magical Girl and head south quickly, looking for the witch.

Gretchen sprints south and Diane follows shortly after, not wanting to get left behind. You pull out your soul gems and check how close the witch is - not too far. You cross the distance pretty quickly. Eventually you arrive at the movie theater - she seems to be inside. There doesn't appear to be anything or anyone suspicious outside.

"Want to get something to eat while we wait, Willa?"
"Some food would be nice, but it's even more expensive than the movie tickets, and they won't let you take outside food and drinks into the theater. Hmmm... I KNOW! We can buy some candy at the grocery store, and then smuggle it in under our clothes, and nobody will be the wiser. Sound like a plan?"

Ah, smuggling candy into the theater. You don't know anyone who was ever caught doing it, but there's always still some thrill in it. You get a few boxes at a nearby store for a third of what the theater's concession stand charges, head back to buy your tickets, and giggle as you give your man the ticket.

"You're going to screen 16, the last one on the left."

Why? Why have her thoughts retrograded back to what they were three years ago Alice wondered.
Perhaps I've been a bit stressed recently... the human mind is quite convoluted after all. I wouldn't be surprised if these thoughts stop if I occupy myself for a while... I wonder if I'll recognize anyone else from my school in the crowd, come to think of it, quite a lot of people in my class don't show up a quarter of the time to school, do they spend their time here? Or do they just shut themselves in their homes?
Searching for some solace from the thoughts of her super-ego, Alice surveys the area, looking for people that she may recognize.

After brief observation, one group stands out to you. There are about five people, two kids and three adults, but none of them are speaking. And they all have the same empty look in their eyes.

You can tell they're the same as you - nothing inside, just pretending on the outside. Fellow actors, you could say. You walk over to join them and wordlessly the six of you get in line and buy tickets.

Status
Hover over any attacks for their effects. If you don't like what an attack does, it can be changed.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9