Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Madoka RTD Pregame RP Round 5: The Hunt  (Read 30935 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

So I've decided my original thing for GreatWyrmGold and Harry Baldman was subpar. It asked for too much in some places and not enough in other places - magical girl outfits and weapons are pretty important and I kinda forgot both of them.

The Original Pair - Part 2
Description of the situation you made your contract in: Kyubey usually appears to girls in a time of need or danger, because they're most likely to contract then. Yeah, that's taking advantage of people. Yeah, he doesn't care.
What you wished for:
How your life has been since then, working with the other girl: You two are below average power-wise, so even helping each other out it hasn't been the easiest ride.
How much you trust the other girl now:
Magic weapon: It can be pretty much anything.
Describe your magical girl outfit: The base should be a schoolgirl sort of outfit, but it could be modified pretty heavily. Your soul gem takes place as a piece of jewelry on you when you're in magical girl mode, so describe it and its location so when you get crit there I can instakill you. Yay!
In addition, place your stats and design as many of your spells as you want to. You will both start out at level 5, giving you 12 more max soul points, 2 more free spells, and 2 more attribute points.

I realized describing your life since then was a bit... well, doing my job. So I'm going to help! Once you both get your wishes and stuff in, we're going to start roleplaying you two. It's going to be a bit accelerated compared to normal play, but I'm just doing this to make sure your background leads right up to when the story starts.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:40:02 pm by penguinofhonor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I had actually gotten some okay stuff for those down. Although I suppose I should choose a weapon and outfit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something just occurred to me.

What kinds of weapons are Magical Girls allowed to use? And, for that matter, what ones are they allowed to think they can use?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Something just occurred to me.

What kinds of weapons are Magical Girls allowed to use? And, for that matter, what ones are they allowed to think they can use?
Well, for examples we've got swords, muskets, a spear, a bow, and a targe. Magical ribbons were (IIRC) used a bit, and of course there was Homura raiding the SDF armories/Yakuza/wherever she got all the guns and explosives from, though obviously that last wasn't exactly magical weaponry. It does bring up the point that conventional weapons can hurt Witches, etc., which may be relevant. Obviously GM's call, but I would guess that just about anything which could conceivably be used as a weapon would be acceptable.

Though making your magical girl use ballpoint pens in all her attacks might be just a tad silly.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But gins are fine?
Sig

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

But gins are fine?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

But gins are fine?
Part of me thinks you meant to say guns, but my inner dwarf says hell yes. But in all seriousne- AAAGH

Wwolin has been possessed

"Go for it."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guns! Dangit! Stupid hilarious typos!
Sig

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I'm going to accept the next two girls tomorrow. After that there'll just be one slot, so if you're one of the people who has expressed interest in joining but hasn't, get your stuff in soon.

Well, for examples we've got swords, muskets, a spear, a bow, and a targe. Magical ribbons were (IIRC) used a bit, and of course there was Homura raiding the SDF armories/Yakuza/wherever she got all the guns and explosives from, though obviously that last wasn't exactly magical weaponry. It does bring up the point that conventional weapons can hurt Witches, etc., which may be relevant. Obviously GM's call, but I would guess that just about anything which could conceivably be used as a weapon would be acceptable.

Though making your magical girl use ballpoint pens in all her attacks might be just a tad silly.

Yeah, conventional weapons will hurt witches. They'll have a set damage that's independent from your STR, so if you want to make that a dump stat then you can have a homu-shield or something and find some guns. They won't have as much damage as someone who's put a ton into strength, though. And you'll have to find a way to get ammunition and stuff between hunts, but I guess that is easier in America than Japan.

Yeah, they'd be fine, though you'd have to do a bit more to make them fit than other weapons. They'd have to be stylized a bit, as  Mami's muskets are. Not necessarily in the same way, of course. If you can make it seem magical, go for it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, because style is something I do so well...Crossbows better?
Sig

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

That would be perfectly acceptable.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((How specific do descriptions of the weapons have to be? Should they include unique functions or mechanisms?))
((Edited my character sheet to fill out a few gaps.
Spoiler:  Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:14:37 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

How specific do descriptions of the weapons have to be? Should they include unique functions or mechanisms?

No unique functions, really. They're magical weapons, so their abilities are drawn more from your power than any mechanisms.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Replicated the entire sheet with added information.

You know, writing the character sheet for this has probably been its own reward. I certainly have enjoyed it quite a lot.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

But gins are fine?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
May I sig this like this?

Also I'm trying to watch the show, but my ability to feel for bad for a pencil is making it hard going so in my bio father Dark is based on the only person I can see as a priest and I'm wondering if Alexander Anderson could take on a witch?
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9