Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: [Universe in Chaos: A future RTD][Turn 2.6: Suited up and ready to go!  (Read 26548 times)

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Universe in Chaos: A story-based future RTD

Welcome! Please read through the following text(s) carefully as they explain a lot about story and mechanics of the RTD.

0.The Turn Index
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1: The awakening
    Turn 1.1: The awakening
    Turn 1.2: The awakening
    Turn 1.3: The awakening
    Turn 1.4: The awakening
    Turn 1.5: The awakening
    Turn 1.6: The awakening
    Turn 1.7: The awakening
        Mini-Turn 1.7.1: First gun.
    Turn 1.8: The awakening
    Turn 1.9: The awakening
    Turn 2.0: The flying Jellyfish
    Turn 2.1: Me... Friend
    Turn 2.2: Random Turn
_______From here the links are a bit wrong, going to fix it soon_______
    Turn 2.3: The Armory
    Turn 2.4: Oh, the choices!
    Turn 2.5: Enter the VR.]
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Prologue

In a distant future, the universe has plummeted into chaos. Stuck in galactic wars between it's inhabitants for power, resources, ancient artifacts or maybe for the simple fun of waging a war.

The human race is still young in galactic years, but it's already threatened with extinction as they battle hard for their survival. But as we knows humans, we know that they are a very resourceful race. Ready to grasp anything that can help them in the time of need.

Such an opportunity arrived with the discovery of a ancient artifact from the old universe at planet far away from Earth at the edge of human space. Tio Volatis, a planet encased in ice they say, Where the winter is all year round and survival is near impossible. On it, a highly sophisticated research base. Specialized in genetic and bio-engineering science. Once the planet bloomed in flora & fauna, but those times are long gone. As the nearby star, collapsed into a small white dwarf. Cooling down any nearby planets, putting them into a slow timeless slumber awaiting the end of the universe.

The researchers of Tio Volatis have been living in isolation for a couple of months since they lost communications with a nearby planet. While communications have stopped, the research hasn't. With the uncovering of this Pre-dated artifact, they have uncovered alien DNA. The most surprising this is that it's universal DNA, meaning that it could possibly be the DNA of the first sophisticated lifeforms in the Universe and all life originates from their remnants.

With these small remains they tried to reverse bio engineer those ancient lifeforms, with no avail. Then they mixed it with human DNA specimens and... it succeeded. 6 Proto humans have been created from the DNA of 6 random individuals and the DNA of the Proto aliens. These proto humans have enhanced senses and are able to use ancient artifacts, something which no race was able to do.. until now.

Will these humans be the saviors of the human race? Or bring it down? Those are questions i cannot answer, as it is not my story to be told. It is their to be written.

END Personal log #4694: Head Geneticist researcher: Doctor Staal

2.The rules

You can find the whole rule set in the Discussion Thread

3.Character Creation

I've got my own small take on character creation, at this moment you cannot fully customize your character. This will be integrated in the following couple of turns in a dynamic story. However, you claim a spot by doing the following:

Name: No explanation
Age: Between 18 and 50. Not any younger or older, no real reason but to keep it slightly realistic.
Skin color: Keep within realism, so things like African, Caucasian, Asian, whatever.
Facial characteristics: Things like hair length, hair color (Strange hair colors allowed, E.G: white,red, blue,green), eye color ( Maybe 2 different eye colors), mustaches. I unfortunately cannot allow any scars or other strange body characteristics, as it interferes with the story.

The more information you provide, the better i can write. You can use pictures as well, but please put them in spoilers.

Bio: Any bio you write will be of dead people, which the clone or proto human will remember as the story advances.
The more information you provide, the better i can write.

Participation number: I taught this up to give everyone a equal chance of joining the RTD, because i consider first come, first get lame. Since not everyone lives in the same timezone or lives 24/7 on the Internet.

Basically, you claim a number between 0 and 20. When there are enough places filled (6+), i will start rolling on random.org . Depending on which number is generated, a player is let in until the 6 player limit is filled. If there are more than 20 entries ( Which i don't think will happen), i will increase the number. If there are less, i will decrease it until I'm left with the number of applications.

A example could be...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note: Every character is a human.

4. The players and reservation list

The places
1. Scapheap
2. Dwarmin
3. penguinofhonor
4. Spaghetti7
5. Rolepgeek
6. Persus13

Reservation list
1. Superblast

5.Player Data

Quote from:  ()
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

6.Notes

Take your time when deciding on a action, it may have a lot of impact on what will happen.

No promises on turns, like any GM. I will try to make them as often as possible.

Once every while i will, look at the applications and accept/decline them. Of course, you'll be able to improve them to enter again. I will do this because i want some good story based roleplaying, not some random trolls which will try to fuck up the RTD or some RTD passerbyes which are like "Oh, an rtd. Il quickly sign up and get a a spot just so i can play." Without putting any real thought into their character story and/or creation.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 05:05:00 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Name: Doris Finnegan
Skin color: White
Facial characteristics: A very mean looking old lady. Her silvery hair is in a tight bun and her eyes are always squinting like she's suspicious.
Participation number: 13

Bio: Doris was born in 1965 and spent most of her youth cherishing the end of the hippie era. As she grew older, she watched the culture of her childhood disappear and did all she could to keep it alive. She spent her twenties alternating between activism and partying, sometimes combining them. She was arrested once for participating in "Smoke and Dye," the largest combination tie-dye and marijauna smoke-out protest against tobacco since 1974.

Her life grew much less exciting as she matured, as all of her friends straightened out and left her behind. She spent this period jumping between sub-managerial positions at various restaurants and hanging out at parties she was much too old for. Eventually, as her forties grew near, she realized that she was mostly without friends and retreated to her house at the edge of the city with only her many cats and the occasional acid flashback to keep her company.

When Colorado legalized medical marijuana, Doris took it as a sign that the good times were coming back and got herself a card. Most of her forties were spent in a stoned haze, where she used her skill at looking sober from her youth to appear like an upset and unapproachable old lady no matter what her state of mind may be. She used her new prescription and persona to explore the city and see beauty in it that she hadn't experienced for nearly thirty years. Servers from across Denver knew of her as the best-tipping angry old lady they'd ever met.

Every night, Doris returned to her cats, which were her pride and joy. There was Snoop Dogg (he was the oldest, nearly nineteen), Samantha (a fluffy stray cat that had follwed her home), Possum (a thin gray cat), Pikachu (she adopted it from a neighbor's daughter when they couldn't keep it), Fritz (a large white cat), and Snoop Lion (the youngest, and most excitable).

Two days before her 51st birthday, Doris came home from one of her normal strolls to find that Snoop Dog had died sometime that day. Dismayed, she found an old drug buddy and made some arrangements. The next evening, she sat in her rocking chair, a dirty needle full of heroin in her hand. She stuck it into her other arm, injected, and died of an overdose shortly before midnight.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:05:57 am by penguinofhonor »

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn, that was fast. I just added bio, since i forgot to include it and i've lowered the maximum age.
Durrr..

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I am offended by my inability to make my old lady excessively old.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am offended by my inability to make my old lady excessively old.

It's not that old, since we are in the future and old is ~150 years. Also this is the age of your previous character, if we would count the years of the proto human ( which you are.) you're like 7 months old.
Durrr..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Name: Kathryn Fry
Skin color: Caucasian/Tan
Facial characteristics: A young woman with a sheath of long red hair, tresses and pale green eyes. Tall and sprightly, with a surfers build and long, athletic legs and arms. Round, narrows eyes that give her a questioning look, and a strong well muscled jaw.

Spoiler: Visual (click to show/hide)

Bio: Kathryn is-was-the daughter of a popular politician, one Malcolm Fry of the former United States. This is how her life was defined. A prop used to supplement campaign ads. She spent her all too short life in a constant state of lonely flux, drifting from interest to interest-art, science, music, sports...but her true calling was the sea. Much to her families dismay, she became a professional surfer and beach enthusiast. In time, her talents matured and she began to take on her politics herself-another voice added to the cause. She usually chose to champion the downtrodden, the abused, the neglected-be it a littered stretch of beach or a people facing ostracization, she found it to her liking to protect them-and her oratory skills and sometimes beguiling beauty made her fierce in a debate. It was in truth, as much a cry for attention as a need to be acknowledged-beneath her good intentions, there was a young woman who was both insecure, fiercely proud and bitterly vain, demanding recognition as much as perceived justice.

All too quick, her little lifes candle was quietly snuffed out. She was kidnapped from her beach loft by a radical group opposed to her fathers beliefs-for no other reason then they could get to her to hurt him and make a bigger headline, or so most thought. The group killed everyone there, as well. At least a week passed while she secreted away in a bunker under the deserts of Nevada, where she was likely tortured mentally and physically during the time-the final video, with its gruesome live camera execution, could show evidence that. But the impact was not as great as the group could have hoped-for no word of penance passed her lips. The words prepared for her she did not read. She did not beg for mercy. She fought the ropes even as the gun was lowered.

Her death was a media frenzy, the story of the year-and what could be better than the stoic, high minded rebel daughter dying for beliefs that were not even her own? It spawned at least three movies-dozens of books-and a line of 'Don't miss any waves' inspirational line of clothing. Of course, Conspiracy theorists have never stopped ruminating on the convenient timing of the event and the unusually quick response from the Fry family.

As per her wishes, she was buried at sea-along with a simple ocean marker stating 'I was here. Then I was gone. So, don't miss any waves on my account.' Some said Kathryn had never used the line or expressed need for a memorial, that it was merely the ruse of a clever and ruthless marketeer. They were right.

After the manhunt, capture and summary execution of her killers, Malcolm Fry decided to have what little remained of his daughter preserved in the Gene Bank, a system of saving strong people for future a use that he had once opposed-her image and rallying cry was no doubt instrumental in his ensuing victories against his opponents.

When considering her usefulness to the program, Kathryn's merits were discussed-she was naturally robust and physically fit, with an amazing amount of self control and personal dexterity. Given but a little incentive, her athleticism could be driven to any number of tasks. Her intelligence was above average, and she had good foundations in many fields from art to science-if undeveloped at her time of life.

Aside from her natural photogenic qualities, Kathryn herself is quite charismatic-a natural leader-and a born diplomat and negotiator. The drive to success, combined with her strong willpower, could certainly be an asset to the program...

Participation number: 19
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 07:49:41 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile

Name: Kurtis Blake
Skin color: Caucasian
Facial characteristics: A man in his prime, relatively skinny with short brown hair. He has exceptionally dark eyes, with almost black irises and a gaunt face, looking young before his time.

Bio: Kurtis was born to a relatively poor district in the suburbs of London. He had a difficult upbringing, with food scarce and his father even more scarce. Every night he would be out protesting against the current, corrupt government, often drunk. One night he simply didn't return. A year later, when he was fifteen, a police unit at the door told his family they were to face charges of housing a dissident. Kurt heard the conversation and ran out of the back, ducking through the side streets. Heard the angry shouts asking for his whereabouts. Listened to the gunshots. After being told about their deaths the next day, he kept running and never looked back.

Joining up with a rebel fraction he participated in many guerrilla raids against government buildings. If they could kill his family without caring, he would kill dozens without remorse. Soon he was promoted and became a captain in the growing resistance movement, now leading the very raids he had participated in as a recruit. Finally, after a few years, the group was deemed strong enough to face the government. They stormed the police station by force and barricaded themselves in there until political demands were met, including the resignation of the current prime minister. Instead of the diplomat they were waiting for, the army turned up on their doorstep. Grenades blew in barricaded doors and windows, and bullets silenced calls for reforms. The government's forces pushed the rebels all the way to the top floor, before their losses became too many and they were forced to turn back. Kurtis took the opportunity to barricade themselves there and prepared himself for the last stand. He had made them pay for what they had done to him, and was ready to die in a fair fight.

The government, however, were not prepared to be fair. Explosions suddenly rocked the building as army aircraft pounded the building before, finally, one smashed through a top floor window and exploded inside the building. Kurtis was thrown from the building and in to the rubble and bodies of his comrades last stand. He was barely conscious when the troops found him and propped him against the last remaining wall around the crumbled compound. He could barely stand as the government troops lined up their rifles, barely having his eyes open when the order was barked by the commanding officer. The bullets slammed in to his body, pushing him against the wall before he fell to the ground, at rest at last.
After pleading with the politicians, his uncle managed to get him buried with his mother and brother.

Participation number: 4
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile

Save me a spot, yo! I will make my sheet later today.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

PTW
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:57:56 am by Tiruin »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

Name: Randal "Rand" "Captain Snakes"
Skin color: Caucasian
Facial characteristics: Long dark brown hair, dark brown (so dark it's almost pitch black), and has a short goatee.
Bio: Was a a very notorious pirate who enjoyed violence, money, and blowing stuff up. His called his ship "The Serpent of Seas" and true to it's name, he was so dangerous people knew to stay away unless they want to risk being killed. Though his time as captain was short, because his crew mutinied him because he was too extreme even for pirates. He would torture his prisoners and shoot his own men if they disobeyed him. If he was never mutinied upon, he probably would've become famous in history for being the cruelest pirate of all time. After the mutiny, his crew threw over board near the coast of what is now the state Florida and his body washed up onto it's beach.

Kinda a wonder that people a thousand or so years in the future would use his DNA to make a proto human, much less even had his DNA.

Participation number: 10
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Universe in Chaos: A future RTD][Turn 0: Prologue](Accepting players!)
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 05:35:38 am »

bump
Durrr..

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 06:10:03 am »

I'll give it a go, incoming lame bio.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:22:50 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 08:06:09 am »

I added a bio to mine.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 06:47:58 pm »

Bump before sleep. ~ 3 more days till start.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:53:37 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 10:45:28 pm »

rserved
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13