Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: [Universe in Chaos: A future RTD][Turn 2.6: Suited up and ready to go!  (Read 26550 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: [Universe in Chaos: A future RTD][Turn 0: Prologue](Accepting players!)
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 10:54:58 am »

Made character sheet. Tried to post. Was told that I wasn't logged in. Character sheet did not post. Rage quit. Now serving for when I remake it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 06:53:11 pm »

Bump before bed, ~2 days left till start.
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 05:34:14 am »

I'll check the apps that are filled in for now. I will type with bold red in the quote, If there is something miss then try to possibly improve it. I'm very open and not nit picky. Any improvements should be edited in your original application with the color ORANGE.

If it's an approved application, i will put this guy in there.  8)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pardon me, but i'm having a hard time taking this application seriously. What exactly do you plan to accomplish as a cat-crazed drug addict in a war-torn universe? Pm me about this.

I'll give it a go, incoming lame bio.

The parent death is cliche... but, i can see what you could try to accomplish with him/her. I'd love it , if you could add some details about your character. 8)

It's fine. I can see what you could do in the RTD with your character. 8)

Excellent, i look forward to reading more. 8)

Name: Kathryn Fry
Skin color: Caucasian/Tan
Facial characteristics: A young woman with a sheath of long red hair, tresses and pale green eyes. Tall and sprightly, with a surfers build and long, athletic legs and arms. Round, narrows eyes that give her a questioning look, and a strong well muscled jaw.

Spoiler: Visual (click to show/hide)

Excellent, I cannot get a view of what she could do, but i'm pretty sure you do. 8)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:36:53 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 07:51:14 am »

Added some clarification to my sheet, though it might be too wide in description.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 08:08:58 am »

I'll did the same, but I suck at bios.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 09:51:30 pm »

Name: Johnathan 'Hefter' Hennson
Description: Heavily built with a tan on his lower arms, face, and torso, Big Johnny has dark eyes and darker hair.
Participation Number: 8
Bio: Johnathan was born to a loving set of parents, and two older sisters who he mostly got along with. His six year younger brother on the other hand, was born to parents who were beginning to fight over financial troubles. When Johnny was 13, they got divorced. The child, barely getting into puberty, bulky and strong for his size, immersed himself in games to cope; both sports and video. This ended up making him extremely competite in a very short time, and he broke both of his arms when he was fifteen, because someone told him he couldn't. When he was sixteen, he was doing well in most of his subjects, save math, and was diagnosed in a few months with a late-onset ADHD. When he graduated, though, he decided to join the army and follow in the footsteps of his aunts and uncles. That, and his family didn't have the money to send him to college. An infantryman for years, John's strength and skill with heavy weapons earned him the nickname 'Hefter Hennson'. After he finished his tours, and when he finally got PTSD, Johnny used the scholarship veterans got, and went to college. After six years, he found that he was unable to get a job, as the war had been unpopular and the veterans were disliked. After several years of depression and unemployment, he finally found a job as an algebra teacher in a high school. It was here that he died, when a gunman began shooting up the school. The shooter had been patrolling the hallways, and despite the warnings of the police, John had stayed in the school, getting his kids to safety, and then planning to kill the gunner. Jumping out from behind a door with a knife, he got his gut blasted by an assault rifle, but his weight let his momentum keep him going for the few seconds it took him to put the pain aside, ignoring the fact that he was bleeding massively, and jamming the knife into the man's neck. Then he threw the assault rifle and aside and collapsed. Despite extensive surgery, he did not survive.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2013, 01:46:05 am »

I'll be finishing my sheet later on, hold up :P

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 06:55:27 pm »

Name: James Macalroy
Skin color: White
Facial characteristics: charlie chaplin mustache, red hair, black eyes.

Bio (if history can be created): James served in the British space navy in the 23rd century and fought for king and country in many conflicts. After the second pakistani space war, James became a military engineer cleaning up the demilitarized space zone where the battle (and planet) of New New Delhi had been of debris, scrap and all sorts of old weapons. An explosion from a unexploded missile took out his ship and exposed him and his friends to radiation. He was unaffected but had to get blood tested anyway. He enjoyed his job a lot, but when Pakistan opened the third pakistani space war by charging through the DMZ, they blew up his ship.

Alternate Bio: James was an engineer at a nuclear power plant, and a former US Army veteran, and had a great family. He was considered one of the best engineers at the plant. One time there was an accident at the power plant and James managed to single-handedly shut down the plant, getting a pay raise. The next day a drunk driver ran him over.

Participation number: 3
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:36:17 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 05:47:29 am »

I'm happy to notify that everyone who posted their sheet is accepted, those who didn't finish it. better luck next time! I will slightly change the participation numbers to match the correct number of applicants.

scapheap: 1
superBlast : 6 ( was 10)
Spaghetti7: 4
Dwarmin: 2 ( was 19)
penguinofhonor: 5 ( was 13)
Rolepgeek: 7 ( was 8)
Persus13 : 3

The random chosen numbers are......3 ,5 ,2 ,7 ,4 ,1. ( Chosen on Random.org). Congratulations to those who made it, the prologue/1st turn will be out soon.

Durrr..

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 06:02:04 am »

Yay I got it.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 06:09:08 am »

Back to index

Turn 1: The awakening

Before you continue.

0. Do not forget that you can do free actions, this is a common misconception which i noticed. Free actions can be done 24/7, and will be written when i happen to be online. When typing a free action, you should make it so, that i can see that it is one. Bolded ones are the ones i will roll for, and thus you are able to fail on them. ( Unless you want to become a legendary door opener.)
1. The discussion thread is now open, please go there if you have ANY questions regarding the RTD or something else. It's to prevent clutter in the main RTD thread.
2. Sometimes quicktopic.com will be used for private rtd communications, after the private event has ended. It's up to the player whether, he/she reveals it.
3. Could the players  in their next action post their communications color? (Red, Green, blue, etc.), If it's not in the color list, could you post the color name as well?
4. Any input is always welcome! But post in the discussion thread.
5. I'm striving to write as best as i can, but i sometimes make mistakes so forgive me for that.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tio Volatis

There's a feint start-up sound.

"Initiating wake-up sequence of holding chambers 1 to 8. Malfunctions detected in cells 2 and 7. Damage status: irreversible. Status of occupants in cell 2 and 7: Dead."

Tubes start to leak air and the liquid in the tubes  starts bubbling. The occupants all slowly open their eyes, before having a sudden information overflow. Some wildly shake around, while some just lose consciousness.

"Data transfer: Success, draining all cells of myogenic liquid"

The liquid is slowly being drained, and a few of the occupants regain consciousness. The cells are just about to finish being drained when they suddenly open up. This surprises a few as they fall out of the cells, and some casually step out of them onto the chilly floor. Every occupant is protected by what seems to be a thin white latex suit, it nearly covers the whole body except the feet, hands and the head. Some quickly stumble upon small metal plug-ins near their neck and spine, everyone has these it seems.

but it doesn't take long for you all to realize, that you we're all dead....

looking around the room you see a few cells, most of them opened except two. There are a lot of tube bundles connected to the cells and the room gives you a industrial feel. It's quite well lit with a blue-ish light. From what seems to be the door, you can feel a thin breeze. Directly at the other side of the room, there's a terminal and just above it a small female hologram face.

"Wake up sequence: complete. "

What now?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Player Actions

Scapheap
(-)

Dwarmin
(-)

penguinofhonor
(-)

Spaghetti7
(-)

Rolepgeek
(-)

Persus13
(-)

2.Player Data

Quote from:  penguinofhonor( Doris Finnegan)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Dwarmin(Kathryn Fry)

Quote from:  Spaghetti7(Kurtis Blake)

Quote from:  Scapheap(Clair Adams)

Quote from:  Rolepgeek(Johnathan 'Hefter' Hennson)

Quote from:   Persus13(James Macalroy)

3.Notes

Take your time when deciding on a action, it may have a lot of impact on what will happen.

No promises on turns, like any GM. I will try to make them as often as possible.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:09:47 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Head to the door and attempt opening it

"Hello."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

There is a terrific bang, and Kathryn-just Kat to those that truly her know her-realizes they actually went ahead shot her. At some level, she believed it was all a bad joke. That they wouldn't do it...

She realizes that she is not dead, at that moment. Hurt, badly wounded, yes. But still alive...there still might be a chance...the slimmest chance...

Then, they shoot her again. Just to make sure.

And her consciousness shatters into fragments and chips.

"...whats...what's going on?" Kathryn says groggily, angling out of her strange cocoon and quickly regaining her balance. Her former reflexes taking over, where her conscious mind could not.

She reaches up to the back of her neck, feeling the strange implants, and shivers.

There are others around her. Strangers.

She spits out some strange greenish-blue liquid, regaining her voice. It sounds odd and unfamiliar, like she has never used it before.

"...I don't know about all of you, but I expected the afterlife to be a bit less...efficient." She says, nodding at an old memory.

On instinct, she begins her daily routine without another word, feeling like she had done it a thousand times before.

Action: Do some basic stretching and limbering exercises to ease my body into wakefulness, waiting to see what happens.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

James felt a large flash of pain and then...

James woke up in a lab and realized there's a chance he might have survived. He looks around and greets the people around him and asks them who they are.

"Jingo, chaps, have life? Watch a name?"

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Clair Adams, small time bandit, sort of"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13