Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Your favorite creepy game moments/Easter Eggs  (Read 13197 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite creepy game moments/Easter Eggs
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2013, 01:03:11 am »

I was recently playing Star Ruler and experimenting trying to find a good way to clear large numbers of enemies from a system. There's one weapon called the Shield Bomb that rapidly pushes your ship's shields outwards to do damage as things crash against it. They're the only weapon that cannot possibly miss and they affect everything in range with each attack. They're supposed to have very small range but I put them on a scale 100,000 ship and made them as large as possible to get see what the range would be. As soon as the ship jumped into the enemy system the horror started, less than a second later not only was the enemy gone, all the planets were gone too.

I have created a weapon that wipes entire solar systems worth of planets from existence instantly.
Awesome. Isn't that the game where you can make spaceships the size of the galaxy?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2013, 01:06:19 am »

I just want to say, from that post alone, I kind've want to play LSD dream emulator now. I love surreal horrorish games.
It's... interesting. It's really interesting. It's not very horrorish. Except for a few very specific things, such as the grey man. It's something like a 3d Yume Nikki, but with slightly less consistency in behavior and no effects. You have no impact on the world, you're just an observer.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2013, 01:36:34 am »

Yeah that's what I mean, I've always had a really hard time describing these types of games.  :P

I'll have to check it out!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2013, 01:39:24 am »

I just want to say, from that post alone, I kind've want to play LSD dream emulator now. I love surreal horrorish games.
It's... interesting. It's really interesting. It's not very horrorish. Except for a few very specific things, such as the grey man. It's something like a 3d Yume Nikki, but with slightly less consistency in behavior and no effects. You have no impact on the world, you're just an observer.

FUN FACT(You probably know): The events in the game are based off of someones actual dreams(or nightmares)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2013, 01:52:10 am »

I was recently playing Star Ruler and experimenting trying to find a good way to clear large numbers of enemies from a system. There's one weapon called the Shield Bomb that rapidly pushes your ship's shields outwards to do damage as things crash against it. They're the only weapon that cannot possibly miss and they affect everything in range with each attack. They're supposed to have very small range but I put them on a scale 100,000 ship and made them as large as possible to get see what the range would be. As soon as the ship jumped into the enemy system the horror started, less than a second later not only was the enemy gone, all the planets were gone too.

I have created a weapon that wipes entire solar systems worth of planets from existence instantly.
Thinking about that is just.. Jesus…
Imagine building something like that, and then turning it on, and then in that very next moment.. You're the only thing left in the universe….
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:54:19 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2013, 01:58:27 am »

Thinking about that is just.. Jesus…
Imagine building something like that, and then turning it on, and then in that very next moment.. You're the only thing left in the universe….
No, you have to build a fleet of the fuckers.
Ehehehehe.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2013, 05:14:09 am »

Can't believe This wasn't mentioned yet.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2013, 06:16:43 am »

Can't believe This wasn't mentioned yet.

Hah, I forgot about that. On a similar note:

who are you running from

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2013, 06:35:08 am »

Let's visit yume nikki's cousin, yume 2kki. Spot the pun people that know basic japanese.

In all honesty this is pretty horrifying.

That game has the most annoying movement sound ever. Seriously, nails on a chalkboard.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2013, 08:14:44 am »

I have that game! Its creepy/weird/hillarious at the same time.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2013, 08:22:03 am »

No, you have to build a fleet of the fuckers.
Ehehehehe.
I meant if you built something like that IRL. I wasn't even talking about the game or anything. Just the concept of being in a spaceship, pushing a button, its only supposed to be a test, and then..

---

Sir, we've lost contact with Command.

How is that possible? They're only a hundred thousand metres off. Reestablish the link immediately!

..no…

Now what?.. Come on soldier, talk to me!

Jesus Christ colonel…. The fleet.. Its gone… They're all gone!

What?!.. Check the scanners again.. That can't be right!

They're just not there! This is all wrong! WHERE ARE THE STARS? WHY CAN'T I SEE THE STARS?!

---

I wish I had my gameboy advance SP back. And my gamecube. They don't make those new anymore do they? :C
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]