Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Universe in Chaos: A future RTD][OOC Discussion Thread]  (Read 2561 times)

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Universe in Chaos: A future RTD][OOC Discussion Thread]
« on: March 05, 2013, 10:20:30 am »

This is the discussion thread of my Universe in Chaos RTD. Any discussion regarding the RTD,lore or anything that doesn't belong in the RTD thread can be written here.

More to be added. Soon.

1.The ruleset

Spoiler: General Game mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Money mechanic (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 03:18:56 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Universe in Chaos: A future RTD][Discussion Thread]
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 10:21:01 am »

2.The lore
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler: Human Race- Not ready (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 05:46:59 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 10:21:36 am »

3.Maps of the Universe
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

3A. Yes! My RTD will have some handy dandy maps for the players to see where they can fly to, and to see where they rather shouldn't! It will come in 5 levels.
The first being a Galactic View of the RTD, where you can see the entire galaxy and the territories with the location of their capital planet!

Next we have the territorial view. In this view, you will be able to see the territories in the space of a nation with some important planet names as well.

After that we have region view. In this view, you'll be able to see a close up of a territory and the solar systems within the territory.

After that, there will be the solar view. Where you'll be able to see the planets,moons and other misc. items that are in the solar system.

And finally, we got the planetary view. Where you'll see some minor information of the planet.

3B. The following maps are available.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 03:56:25 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 10:22:01 am »

4.Data Logs

Audio Logs
Spoiler: audio log #494-Z (click to show/hide)

Text Logs
Spoiler: PR-hum Log #477 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Strain APAD Log #08 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:33:00 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 10:22:23 am »

Placeholder
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 10:22:43 am »

Placeholder
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 10:23:04 am »

Placeholder
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 10:23:21 am »

Final Placeholder & locking thread as it's currently not in use. Doh forgot i can't edit then.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:33:42 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [Universe in Chaos: A future RTD][OOC Discussion Thread]
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 08:31:41 pm »

How do skills work? And how much do we remember of our past? Finally, how much can I mess around with making up past history? (I don't want to mess you up since your the GM)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 04:40:04 am »

How do skills work? And how much do we remember of our past? Finally, how much can I mess around with making up past history? (I don't want to mess you up since your the GM)

How do skills work? They improve your odds in performing certain actions or give bonuses. For example, having a high level of hacking will enable you to hack turret systems, or having a high skill level of archeology will maybe get you 2 artifacts instead of one maybe even 3! There won't be skills for everything, like opening doors will not make you a legendary door opener at some point. (Unless, if with "opening doors"  you think about busting them open with explosives or hacking then you could be)

How much do you remember? Like everything a regular person can. So you probably won't remember all of your childhood, but will remember some memorable moments.

Finally, how much can I mess around with making up past history?: In your past, quite a lot.Before your past? Very little, as i use the same past as we have (Hitler,etc.). After your past it will get a bit tricky and the closer we get to the current time line, the less you'll be able make because of recent events.

Durrr..

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 03:52:18 pm »

Btw, I think the RTd is good. A little slow paced at the moment, but only cause it is the start of it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 04:02:24 pm »

Btw, I think the RTd is good. A little slow paced at the moment, but only cause it is the start of it.
Petty much the same here
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 03:23:44 pm »

To answer note 3, I think the organization is okay, but maybe have the Tio Volatis be under the player individual actions to make it less confusing what is going on. Also if there are player actions that you don't want others to notice, use a spoiler. These are my only suggestions.
Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 11:51:38 am »

Why hasn't my gun turn up in my inventory?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 03:25:18 pm »

where is tio Volatis in relation to the galactic map or do we not know that yet?
Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2