Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Development probably abandoned.  (Read 59667 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Prototype v0.5. The future is all icons
« Reply #375 on: September 04, 2013, 11:21:32 am »

No, I'm having the same problem. I'm wondering if SB is still futzing around with the upload to Desura.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
Re: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Prototype v0.5. The future is all icons
« Reply #376 on: September 04, 2013, 11:39:30 am »

Er, no new build yet. Think he just meant yay new build coming soon :)

Currently renaming Teams to Cells.
It's largely thematic (and a silly amount of work for such a silly small thing) but I think it's pretty important. the thematic change helps focus my thinking on it, changes how I conceptualize them, how they'll work. for example, thinking of having an additional "in the field" state, so you can have your cells go 'active' and the group organizes and sets up in the safehouse, waiting for orders, as opposed to standdown where they're off duty, training, living their lives at home, etc.

Still need to find a better name for "squads", the pairings of operatives within a Cell (i.e. your programmer and his bodyguard). "Set" works well but could cause other programmy complications...
Net Gain: Corporate Espionage.
Cyberpunk Espionage Strategy by Level Zero Games!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 04, 2013, 11:49:36 am »

Oh. I thought the update was out because Desura told me there was an update :P
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #378 on: September 04, 2013, 12:04:23 pm »

hrm... can yuou give me the full info? I haven't done anything w/ desura since july 24

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 04, 2013, 01:21:19 pm »

As for the squads - I don't know about you, but I find 'posse' an interesting word for this, although I'm not sure if that's what would help you focus on them. I could also live with 'teams' being the name of what is now 'squad' - it is pretty much what I imagine when I think 'team'. And 'set' would be a little bit... Dehumanizing. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, mind you, being a broker and all. ;) Or maybe a 'troupe'? Most of the synonyms sound to me like they are exactly the same thing as 'cell' (a surprise, them being synonyms :P)... To avoid the programmy implications of 'set', you could also go with 'cluster', keeping similar vein to it, although more astronomical than mathematical. And then there is 'detail', which sounds all the way military. :)
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 04, 2013, 02:02:20 pm »

'Cadre' might also work, to keep the slightly subversive element to things.  :)
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 04, 2013, 02:08:44 pm »

hrm... can yuou give me the full info? I haven't done anything w/ desura since july 24

Not really sure what to tell you. Opened Desura, Net Gain should it had an update available. I downloaded and installed it and then Desura threw errors trying to open the .exe.

On the squads, why not just refer to them as cells? [Name] Cell would fit me just fine. Indigo Cell, Saber Cell, ect....

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 04, 2013, 02:11:33 pm »

On the squads, why not just refer to them as cells? [Name] Cell would fit me just fine. Indigo Cell, Saber Cell, ect....

I think sparkbolt meant the next layer down (i.e. teams are being renamed to cells, then there's another layer of pairings/groupings within a team, currently called a squad, that also needs a name).  Having cells within cells might get confusing if you forget which layer you're working with.

Edit: spelling.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 04, 2013, 02:20:05 pm »

"We are not a gang, we are a club!"

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 04, 2013, 02:20:14 pm »

Cohort? I like that better than Cadre.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 04, 2013, 02:37:44 pm »

I know this is pretty uncreative, but how about just Unit?
I mean, if they at all times move together physically it kinda makes sense to treat them as a unit.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 04, 2013, 02:59:07 pm »

Cohort? I like that better than Cadre.

Accomplice.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 04, 2013, 03:26:16 pm »

What about Outfit?

...or Cabal? :P
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #388 on: September 04, 2013, 05:33:36 pm »

Yeah I'm thinking Team or Unit.
So the idea is the Cell is the total group of operatives that are working together, but they can split up and go do their own things (hackers hacking remotely, acrobat and thief jumping through lasers in the vault, detective and enforcer roughing up info in the slums, spy watching the guards, etc)...
So far I'm thinking Team or Unit would be the best, since it has to sound "smaller" than the cell, preferably implying their close link since they're always together.

So I've got to fix the corp AI making missions before next build, which was all Morgan's code, but his last day was friday and it's pretty difficult to read what the heck is going on in there. Once that's fixed up and I finish some usability and UI stuff I might jsut push out the next build as is. I wanted to put more low hanging features in the build but I'll just put them in the next one and send that out sooner.

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #389 on: September 04, 2013, 05:47:49 pm »

Not really sure what to tell you. Opened Desura, Net Gain should it had an update available. I downloaded and installed it and then Desura threw errors trying to open the .exe.

hrm... what were the errors? what's your platform?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35