Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Development probably abandoned.  (Read 59005 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

I hope we hit the stretch goal for the war room so badly it would add so much more gameplay and it would look cool seeing your ops running about and doing stuff :D

One question I have is can we also buy buildings and maybe manufacturing stuff ? So if you bought a standard house or apartment near a rival corps building or home of another rival op would it be factored in and help with planning missions and could use it as a fob or other things ?

Will operator health be dynamic ? So it's not just hp but your op could end up getting tortured and lose a eye or a arm, or have someone mash one up bad enough that he will be crippled if you don't help he out.

We need more coverage for this ! Hopefully you get a Rock paper shotgun or PC gamer article is there anyway we can help him out with this ?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 03:31:09 am by ScriptWolf »
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know if you've ever dabbled in long-distance mind reading, but this game (or at least the paper concept) is so close to my idea of the perfect game that I could swear you've stolen my thoughts.

I love it, and I have no doubt it will surpass the goal by some way!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I have some good news for you sir.

I've had it on my enormous list of things to write about since some time last week, but your email just pushed it straight to the top. Thanks for the badgering :)
-Adam

My mission was successful.

Let's hope this gets you connected to the crowd monies you need!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:27:23 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm in - I've been waiting for a game like this. A few months ago I even went back and scoured the old Shadowrun rules for the corporate warfare bits - I don't think there's been a real game of corporate warfare since ruthless.com. (OK except for near-purely financial competition like Wall Street Raider and Capitalism)

I don't know how you're going to implement the activities of rival brokers and corporations, I do hope you might  find a way to expose their strategizing for modding - like lua/python code in the exposed assets directory maybe.  It'd be neat to tinker with different strategies...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, just a request driven by my time playing LCS.....code names. What's an Op without a code name? Either having the game generate one or letting us set the string ourselves would be sweet. That was one of those things that really, really made me attached to my operatives in LCS.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:45:21 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, just a request driven by my time playing LCS.....code names. What's an Op with a code name? Either having the game generate one or letting us set the string ourselves would be sweet. That was one of those things that really, really made me attached to my operatives in LCS.

I think it was said ops will pick up codenames and stuff as they preform operations ?

Also I have upped my pledge would be rather cool to have your own operator.

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games

I hope we hit the stretch goal for the war room so badly it would add so much more gameplay and it would look cool seeing your ops running about and doing stuff :D
Oh man me too! I think it'd really give the player a sense of foundation and home as well, and see that his whole operation is a big deal (and see it grow as he gains more analysts and team support and space, etc)

One question I have is can we also buy buildings and maybe manufacturing stuff ? So if you bought a standard house or apartment near a rival corps building or home of another rival op would it be factored in and help with planning missions and could use it as a fob or other things ?
you acquire/found companies, which can be in different locations. In theory runners with a friendly company nearby would be able to hide/resupply there since its friendly territory, but I'm not sure when IU'd be able to implement the mechanics to enable that. Normally you focus more on operations though, no building... so you'd set up a safehouse operation in the territory, giving your guys safe respite.

Will operator health be dynamic ?
the wounds system is mainly hp... though a wound is pretty serious, and will require recovery time for the runner (and possibly expensive repairs, depending on how cybered he is). the game is very lethal though, and those scant few wounds mean an op usually goes from fine to badly wounded to dead. think Classic Ironman XCom). Unlike the shooty-friendly shadowrun, you really dont want your guys getting in a firefight. hopefully once traits become a bit more dynamic (post-prototype), they'll be able to get those grievous injuries added as traits when something horrible happens to them.

I don't know if you've ever dabbled in long-distance mind reading, but this game (or at least the paper concept) is so close to my idea of the perfect game that I could swear you've stolen my thoughts.

Nonsense! Everyone knows there's no such thing as mind reading... you really should consider improving the firewall on your dream backup hard drive, though. Any script kiddie can get in there.

I have some good news for you sir.
I've had it on my enormous list of things to write about since some time last week, but your email just pushed it straight to the top. Thanks for the badgering :)
-Adam
My mission was successful.

Excellent work, operative! We've had RPS in our crosshairs since we started! I think this calls for a promotion!
(But seriously, that calls for a promotion. Send me a message with the name you pledged with and we'll see about bumping you up a tier!)

I don't think there's been a real game of corporate warfare since ruthless.com.

I've been looking for games like this for YEARS and never found any! I JUST found out about ruthless.com when a fan suggested it reminded them of the old game! I'l definitely be raiding them for ideas.

I don't know how you're going to implement the activities of rival brokers and corporations, I do hope you might  find a way to expose their strategizing for modding - like lua/python code in the exposed assets directory maybe.  It'd be neat to tinker with different strategies...
The corp AI, while complex in many ways, has to be a simpler form than the player's missions simply because of how many operations go on at one time. Kind of like how world gen battles and actual DF fights are different. The corps do have values that determine various things such as how aggressive or desperate they'll get, which changes how they go about attacking, who, and at what risk.

Aliases
they got em! I'll probably include codenames you can assign when they sign on with you as well, but most of their aliases they either start with or earn as rivals try to find out who the hell attacked them. they'll assign a codename on the "threat" and try to find out who the actual target under that alias is.
Net Gain: Corporate Espionage.
Cyberpunk Espionage Strategy by Level Zero Games!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sorry to pester you spark but would it be possible to get your views on multiplayer ? could it happen ?

also : http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/07/strategic-syndicates-net-gain/

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I love the idea, but there is so much stuff going around on kickstarter these days..

I'll watch this one but will wait a demo before actually founding.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like you're getting a nice little bump from the RPS article.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Hmm. I think I'll watch this one for now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sorry to pester you spark but would it be possible to get your views on multiplayer ? could it happen ?

From the Kickstarter comments:
Joel: Multiplayer would be great, but it *significantly* increases the scope of the game! A lot of time and development goes into just letting people get in the same room, let alone allowing them to play in the same space and interact with each other and balance that interaction, etc, etc. If it's a stretch goal, It'd be pretty far above where we'd be able to get! I'm not ruling it out for future expansions, but it's far out of scope for 1.0.

Possible, but definitely not for 1.0.

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games

views on multiplayer?

Yeah, as the other guy mentioned, it's a *significant* increase in work load. If we hit a high enough stretch goal that I can bring someone else on, it's a possibility for something that could be built in tandem to the core game, but that would require finding the right programmer to join the team and hitting a stretch goal high enough to bring them on.

We can probably still work some multiplayer in the sense that DF has multiplayer... depending on how the world saves out, you may be able to swap it around with other people! Probably not at release but it's something that could be set up.

It was more than a bump! shot us right out of the slump!
Net Gain: Corporate Espionage.
Cyberpunk Espionage Strategy by Level Zero Games!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It makes sense because the major difference is that there are elements that have to work together that arn't a factor in the regular game. Essentially multiplayer adds another layer ontop of the game.

The ONLY multiplayer I can think of that would be easier would be a Co-op mode that essentially just divides your company in half... But even that has its own issues and would need balancing to even do right.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, you're funded. Grats!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35