Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Development probably abandoned.  (Read 58974 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Prototype v0.4.1. False alarm!
« Reply #405 on: September 18, 2013, 01:53:58 am »

And new video is up, builds awaiting approval! http://youtu.be/_zhdzIYeDCg
Though I'm sure most of the world is busy playing GTAV right now.

just wow your new intel system is fucking genius i love it. Cant wait for you to unlock more missions and other fun things

I cant wait for the next update, every time i see a update and play the game i always think best $150 spent.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
Re: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Prototype v0.4.1. False alarm!
« Reply #406 on: September 18, 2013, 01:56:25 am »

Build is live!
Net Gain: Corporate Espionage.
Cyberpunk Espionage Strategy by Level Zero Games!

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Prototype v0.5 is live!
« Reply #407 on: September 18, 2013, 04:53:04 pm »

I'm enjoying this.  Even the times when my missions go catastrophically wrong...   :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My goddamn spy couldn't keep her goddamn head beneath the parapet when her cell was snooping around my competitor, and then screwed the pooch trying to slip away from the guard team.  I'm sure her fellow cell members would've had something to say to her, had they not all immediately been terminated with extreme prejudice.

Damn you, Whisper.

Edit: one thing this has made me notice...Triggerhappy is a dead operative.  Whisper and Bitmap are still alive (for the next minute or so at least).  Both of them still have some Loyalty towards Triggerhappy.  I can't check if this'll vanish when the mission's over (because, in this instance, they'll both be dead anyway), but I assume operatives can't end up being loyal to dead comrades?  I'm guessing it's simply that the loyalty values don't get cleared/reset until after the end of a challenge, and this brawl is still ongoing.

Edit 2: image size (for those of you with smaller screens ;))

Edit 3: bit of a (known?) bug: if you have a cell in which all operatives have died (ahem), that cell still exists, empty, in your Operatives menu.  You can then hire new operatives and assign them to it.  If you then plan a new mission, assign that cell to it, set up all the various objectives/challenges accordingly, then Authorize and Assign the mission...you cannot, apparently, Start it.  This seems to be because the Cell still thinks it's locked into the last (failed) objective of the now-all-dead team.  I can't find a way to get it past that point, and there's also no way to unAssign the mission from the reconstituted Cell (as you can't access the Cell Orders screen until the mission's Started).

And I can't Disband the cell (from the operatives menu) because it's Active.  Yeah.  That'll teach me to try to recycle my cells.  :P

One simple (I assume) fix would be to remove a cell once all its members have been killed.  No idea what else that might entail for your backend, though.

Relevant screenshot (clicking the Start Operation button does nothing):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit 4: um, apparently even disbanding the cell after everyone's dead doesn't help - the next cell you create suffers from the same problem.  (No, I am not deliberately sacrificing all my operatives just to test this out - they're all just really, really bad at their work!  :P)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:29:27 pm by jhxmt »
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 18, 2013, 09:04:54 pm »

I'm having trouble with the update.

I've uninstalled the prototype three times now (removed local files but not removed it from my Desura account) and it keeps coming back with "not a valid exe." I've checked the Desura directory under common and there's no files for Net Gain in there. Not really sure what's going on. This is my work laptop, I'll see what happens when I get home tomorrow and see what it does on my desktop install.

This seems to be recurring problem with Desura. I've had this problem with Project Zomboid and Dominions 4 as well.

On further examination, it seems Desura is simply not downloading the game at all. ><

Removing the game from my Desura account and trying to re-add it gives me "branch invalid or user does not have permission to install branch."

Also removed it completely from my account, re-added the gift and redownloaded the whole thing (which took about 8 minutes or so).....and there's still nothing in Desura/common/.

No f'ing idea what's going on, I guess I'll just mess with it more when I get home. Maybe being on crappy hotel wifi has something to do with it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 09:27:21 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Falknor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 18, 2013, 10:39:32 pm »

I had the same trouble. I found the files in the Program files (x86) Level zero folder. I ran it there and everything works.
It's the 0.5 version.
I'll use Dwarven Logic. AKA Encrusting the problem with gems, beating an elf to death with it, and then throwing it into the volcano.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 19, 2013, 08:53:55 am »

Ah hah! I deleted that once thinking it was the old stand alone prototype. Tested, works, now I just gotta play. Thanks!
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #411 on: September 21, 2013, 01:34:53 am »

Sorry for all the desura hassle, been getting guff on my end as well... Maybe if I can get enough PR during the public launch, we can muster enough attention to really start on greenlight.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 27, 2013, 05:35:44 am »

Looking forward to purchasing this once it's released.  When is the release date again?

EDIT: Nevermind, rechecked the intro post, and saw Q1 2014.  Is that still mostly accurate?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 27, 2013, 09:51:36 am »

I believe so, yes.

Been awful quiet since the update SB, what's going down?

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #414 on: September 27, 2013, 11:53:25 am »

Heya! On the phone, had to make an unplanned trip to Michigan to see my father.
The big bug everyone found was the dead cell thing. That was an easy fix, but I'd already began the next features which interfered with the same code and it was all sort of a bother. I'm gonna release a quick fix for the bug when I get home, continue cell state "directive"stuff, then either focus at art or economy.

Release of alpha may be sooner than that, if I can get it before I get pushed out of the press by the holiday AAA titles.

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #415 on: October 05, 2013, 04:56:52 pm »

blah. hotfix patch is out, the features I mentioned wanting for 5.1 aren't ready yet

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 05, 2013, 06:50:17 pm »

Sweet. At least I can run a game for as long as I can stay awake. ;)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 06, 2013, 04:20:56 am »

blah. hotfix patch is out, the features I mentioned wanting for 5.1 aren't ready yet

That's fine I would rather wait and have more polish to it :) spark what features were being done for 5.1 again ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #418 on: October 07, 2013, 03:06:33 pm »

I'm not sure what I've said, actually :P with the sprints I kinda just have a lot of specific targets laid out, and then I pick from among those based on a variety of variables (time, complexity, feature group, priority, "shiny", pre-requirements, demand, promise, etc).

I know I said I was going to get objective following in active missions working again so that's on the set list. since it's a "step build I'm gonna focus on what I just launched, so it'll be more stuff on Intel, missions, interface stuff, cell stuff. less "big feature" more "ease of use, tweak, small addition, etc".
Although, I might put the first pass off that economic "fiefdom" system in. I think it'll help a lot with stability

Though that'd be for 5.2, anyway. Really I should'a labelled the last build as 5.0a instead of 5.1, but I'm'ma just roll with it now.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:23:44 pm by sparkbolt »

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 08, 2013, 12:30:34 am »

This looks quite interesting, posting to watch
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35