Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How can I modify the RAWs so I can eat Sentient beings in Adventure Mode  (Read 1538 times)

Troll_Kaiser177

• Bay Watcher
  • [BENIGN]
    • View Profile

Alright well I've been playing Dwarf Fortress for a while now, but I haven't really done any modding yet so I don't know how to get rid of the "You are not that hungry" message and eat Sentient beings. I particularly love the Elves in the game and there cannibalistic nature makes them even stranger (or in my warped mind, more intriguing). I realize this only means other Elves so I modified their RAWs so they could [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]. I thought this meant after I killed several Goblins I could descend on there corpses in an orgiastic feeding frenzy of blood. This however was not the case as I still get the "You are not that hungry" message. Any more experienced modder's help would be greatly appreciated
S̸͔̃ ̵̻̔L̸̦̅ ̵̨̊Д̵̮̽ ̵͘ͅV̶̬͛ ̵͕͠Ӟ̸̣́ ̶͚̕ ̴͉͝ T ̴͕̋Ӧ̵̻́ ̵̨̋ ̶̭̂ ̷̧͌Д̵̓ͅ ̶̦̒Я̶̝̾ ̵̄͜М̷̜̉ ̴̮̋О̶͓̒ ̶̝͗К̶̼͐

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

You can't.

Troll_Kaiser177

• Bay Watcher
  • [BENIGN]
    • View Profile

Seriously? There is literally no way?
S̸͔̃ ̵̻̔L̸̦̅ ̵̨̊Д̵̮̽ ̵͘ͅV̶̬͛ ̵͕͠Ӟ̸̣́ ̶͚̕ ̴͉͝ T ̴͕̋Ӧ̵̻́ ̵̨̋ ̶̭̂ ̷̧͌Д̵̓ͅ ̶̦̒Я̶̝̾ ̵̄͜М̷̜̉ ̴̮̋О̶͓̒ ̶̝͗К̶̼͐

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It's true.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile

Can't you butcher them if you starve yourself first? I've not actually tried it, but as it's a different message from "No. That's disgusting", maybe it's possible. I shall perform science.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Purgatory

• Bay Watcher
  • Many Questions Asked
    • View Profile

I'm not much of a DF modder, but I think that not being able to eat sapient beings is hardcoded(?) by Toady. Something like that.
Signature Is Here.

Troll_Kaiser177

• Bay Watcher
  • [BENIGN]
    • View Profile

Oh I got it, well thanks for the help guys

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Can't you butcher them if you starve yourself first? I've not actually tried it, but as it's a different message from "No. That's disgusting", maybe it's possible. I shall perform science.
giant as rumor needs to be solved right away
yeah it's true

Code: [Select]
function Butchtest()
if unit==nil then
unit=getCreatureAtPos(getxyz())
end
--print(object)
printall(unit.counters2)
unit.counters2.hunger_timer=35555
end
Code: [Select]
function Butchtest2()
if unit==nil then
unit=getCreatureAtPos(getxyz())
end
--print(object)
printall(unit.counters2)
unit.counters2.hunger_timer=0
end
there got to be a way to patch the threshold for butchering down to like 10 or 0 because that's a huge pain for modders/players who want chairs made from the bones of their enemies.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought you could change the ethics of your civ to allow butchering of sentient beings?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

True. In Fort mode you can butcher and eat sentient non-civ members, but adv. mode is completely different.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::