Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28

Author Topic: A Beginner's Guide: Kinda Dumb  (Read 55916 times)

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Beginner's Guide: ...That Failed
« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2013, 12:34:05 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:16:51 pm by Bronimin »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2013, 01:24:30 pm »

I'll +1 that. Mine the statue!
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #347 on: June 13, 2013, 12:46:20 am »

And if we get through this... can we create an "outside"?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 13, 2013, 06:46:27 am »

And if we get through this... can we create an "outside"?
Bit by bit. You won't be able to make a whole planet in one creative swoop--that would require hundreds, if not thousands, of points of Creativity, not to mention be impossible to visualize all at once.

Anyways, consensus seems to be to try and Creatively incapacitate the thing (I heard the name Metela mentioned), and then basically burn everything to destroy it if that fails. Works?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 13, 2013, 08:06:25 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:16:43 pm by Bronimin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 13, 2013, 08:48:09 am »

Works?
???
I think me and flameboy were trying to devise a way to take him out without creativity, so we can save Figura. Did you count right?
Probably not.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Beginner's Guide: Oh Dear, Not Again...
« Reply #351 on: June 13, 2013, 03:25:01 pm »

You briefly contemplate several options. Perhaps you could encase it in rock? ...Wait, you have this pick sitting in your inventory, unused! You remove it and step forward, [2-5+2] and promptly sever your leg. [2d6+2=12] Oh dear, not again...

[25+5+5v9-1][1d6*3=6]

Dju yh nio fqrr lipup fuje? Aas fms ipu tpg fsn dyo.

You awake, again.

---
   |+
H+
   |+
U+|
   |^++|
---- I------
|++++8|+++++
  ++++ ++++++|
   +++|  +++
~|
  ++++
   ---
|+++++| ++|/.▼--
|?nn++I+++#
wϟϟϟϟ*.##
--   -|+++  -▲--
      -I-
   A   +x
      @+c|
    |+++|   

|+++++   

++   
       --

More holes, but not much else has changed. Figura's not moving much, though...and on the bright side, the thing is nowhere to be seen.

Spoiler: Persana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Figura (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Curio (Pet) (click to show/hide)
Sig

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: A Beginner's Guide: Oh Dear, Not Again...
« Reply #352 on: June 13, 2013, 09:39:16 pm »

Sniff paint, grow leg back, grow kitty ears, grow kitty tail, fix Figura, eat a bit, sniff moar paint, fix building, ask ask watcher what it will do if we go near it, eat moar, sniff even moar paint, grow wiskers, make our chest more flesh and less solid gold, make moar cat things.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Beginner's Guide: You Have Your Leg
« Reply #353 on: June 13, 2013, 10:04:12 pm »

You have your leg. It's right...oh dear. It's a bit...withered.
Sig

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #354 on: June 14, 2013, 03:37:05 am »

Sniff paint, grow leg back, grow kitty ears, grow kitty tail, fix Figura, eat a bit, sniff moar paint, fix building, ask ask watcher what it will do if we go near it, eat moar, sniff even moar paint, grow wiskers, make our chest more flesh and less solid gold, make moar cat things.
Not quite what I was going for.

OK, so using our creative power seems to open up weird holes of nothingness. We ought to stop doing that.
We should also find out where this Metela has gone, and destroy him. I don't like the idea of a thing running around with the same reality-corrupting ability as us.

As far as these voids go, do they surround the house? Is there "void" underneath the floor? Above the ceiling? Or is there an absence of stuff - because nothing has been created there?

I have so many questions about this world. Is that healthy?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 14, 2013, 03:42:04 am »

We should try and short out our confusion, since no one has deemed fit to try yet.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 14, 2013, 07:21:09 am »

OK, so using our creative power seems to open up weird holes of nothingness. We ought to stop doing that.
We should also find out where this Metela has gone, and destroy him. I don't like the idea of a thing running around with the same reality-corrupting ability as us.
Interesting theory.

As far as these voids go, do they surround the house? Is there "void" underneath the floor? Above the ceiling? Or is there an absence of stuff - because nothing has been created there?
Absence is basically a lack of stuff. Above, to the sides, and almost-below your house (as you call it), there is only Void. Directly below your house, there's mostly void, but also a bunch of vomit and other stuff thrown off.
As far as you know.

I have so many questions about this world. Is that healthy?
Probably. Just think of ways to discover the answers.

We should try and short out our confusion, since no one has deemed fit to try yet.
How? Get better at meditation?
Sig

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 14, 2013, 07:46:47 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:15:04 pm by Bronimin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 14, 2013, 07:50:35 am »

I only did what I thought I did last time.

I had always imagined the void as "light," although logic dictates that it would probably be black unless it was full of some kind of light. Of course, if it didn't emit light, where would the light you see come from? You haven't made a sun yet...food for thought.
Sig

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 14, 2013, 09:05:29 pm »

Using copy/paste the symbols change into letters, but I don't see a pattern. It gave me Dju yh nio fqrr lipup fuje? Aas fms ipu tpg fsn dyo, although GreatWyrmGold may have just used Wingdings or the like to get the symbols and the letters are totally irrelevant.

EDIT: After examining the map, I noticed the cloud we encased in stone is now growing metal spines.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28