Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 503619 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

It's not like you can't point AA guns on the ground targets, you know.
._.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

I think peoples suprise is more down to how extreme it is to use a heavy AA gun as an execution tool rather than the fact it can be pointed wherever the user chooses.
This is a blank sig.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Meh, for a previous execution they used a mortar. Tell the execute to go stand on the X, fire, and then wait for the shell to drop.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kim jong-un's got style, you've got to give him that. Never mind bullets in the back of the head or something like other totalitarian states, he literally wipes his enemies off the face of the earth with mortars and AA guns.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How long until they use a nuke for an execution?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Kim jong-un's got style, you've got to give him that. Never mind bullets in the back of the head or something like other totalitarian states, he literally wipes his enemies off the face of the earth with mortars and AA guns.
Well, IIRC, Kim ordered that there would be no trace left.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

AA as in anti-armour, or anti-air?
Or did a load of people drive into him?
AA only means Anti-air or air-to air, AT would be anti-armour.

Kim is literally using heavy ordnance to execute traitors. There wouldn't even be a body to recover.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site

Who the hell uses AA guns anymore? We have supersonic jets. They'd really only be useful for helicopters. Is the NK still rocking ww2-era military infrastructure? If that's the case, then still, holy shit, because those are large caliber rounds in any case. I'm going to guess there's almost nothing left of them.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Who the hell uses AA guns anymore? We have supersonic jets. They'd really only be useful for helicopters. Is the NK still rocking ww2-era military infrastructure? If that's the case, then still, holy shit, because those are large caliber rounds in any case. I'm going to guess there's almost nothing left of them.

Yes, NK is known/suspected to have plenty of ww2/cold war gear, mostly artillery pieces around the DMZ. As you correctly point out, they aint for shooting at jet fighters. One scene from Private Ryan springs to mind, as does the old Soviet ZSU (whick NK has at least a few hundred of, in different variants, either given by the old USSR or older turrets mounted on Chinese tank chassis), which would be a terrifying anti infantry platform.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:03:10 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

The AA thing sounds like BS to me, TBH. Kind of reminds me of the fake news items about executions in Iraq using plastic grinders and/or suicide bomber vests.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Shoot people, pray and shoot missiles, execute traitors...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

The AA thing sounds like BS to me, TBH. Kind of reminds me of the fake news items about executions in Iraq using plastic grinders and/or suicide bomber vests.
You're comparing stories about a relatively sane authoritarian state executing people in bizarre ways to stories about possibly the craziest living dictator executing people with military hardware we know he has? This does not strike me as abnormal at all, at least by Lil' Kim standards.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Yeah. I think the insanity angle is for the most part a media spin, nonwithstanding that schoolmate's testimony. IMO it's like when they ask the neighbours of serial killers if he wasn't a "wee bit odd" beforehand, so I don't give it much credit...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 06:34:15 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

As far as I know, a lot of recent reports of North Korean atrocities cited by Western news agencies were originally published in the South Korean newspaper "Chosun Ilbo", whose owners and editors apparently belong to staunchly pro-American circles in the South Korean society (I'm not sure about it, though).
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

As far as I know, a lot of recent reports of North Korean atrocities cited by Western news agencies were originally published in the South Korean newspaper "Chosun Ilbo", whose owners and editors apparently belong to staunchly pro-American circles in the South Korean society (I'm not sure about it, though).
*throws up hands in befuddlement*
So do you know or not?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 341