Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 503821 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Nah, Barkley will just expand the threat range and damage on his bball to the point where every Chaos Dunk he performs cracks the planet like an egg.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:51:45 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Last week, North Korea demanded South Korea and the US halt their annual military drill, calling it “a serious provocation.” If the drill isn’t stopped, North-South relations “will plunge into a deadlock and unimaginable holocaust,” Pyongyang said.

“We sternly warn the US and the South Korean authorities to stop the dangerous military exercises which may push the situation on the peninsula and the north-south ties to a catastrophe,” said the spokesman for the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea (CPRK) in a statement, reported [North Korea’s] KCNA state news.
Pull the other one, it has bells on.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

seriously
This style of this song and other North Korean pop songs of late 1980s and 1990s is similar to many Soviet pop songs of the late 1970s and early 1980s (like this one, for example).

why
Soviet animation studios were producing cartoons with such art style and much better quality of animation in the late 1940s. North Korea has been releasing such cartoons in the 1970s and 1980s. A lack of resources, perhaps? :-\
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:04:24 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Guardian GI, do you get all of your news from RT?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guardian GI, do you get all of your news from RT?
I also frequently visit www.bbc.com/news
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:59:04 pm by Guardian G.I. »
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The US and South Korea, which have shared the cost of hosting American soldiers since 1991, are planning to stage military exercises in late February. This year, the US plans to boost its military presence in South Korea, pledging to send another 800 troops in addition to those 28,000 which are already in the country.

This last sentence is the one to key in on, everyone.

Here's a question for everyone. In all seriousness, we know that North Korea is a terrible, authoritarian State. At what point does toppling it become justifiable in terms of North Korean, South Korean, and American materiel, lives, and money?

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

inb4oncetheyfindoil

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

inb4oncetheyfindoil
North Korea has large deposits of rare earth elements (link).

P.S. On a completely unrelated and off-topic note, I lol'd at your "Legendary+5 Protoukr" text under your goblin avatar. Are you trying to troll Ukrainian Ranger with this?
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

P.S. On a completely unrelated and off-topic note, I lol'd at your "Legendary+5 Protoukr" text under your goblin avatar. Are you trying to troll Ukrainian Ranger with this?
Nah, it's just my favourite class from this cool RPG
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:53:14 am by Dutchling »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Actively toppling the North Korean govt would still make china very very unhappy, and the world economic costs of pissing china off would be very great.

Given NK's limited finances, they would be unable to wage a sustained campaign, and it would not be in china's interests to provide monetary or material support for such actions. (China really still needs western financial backing to continue its heavy infrastructure overhauls it needs to become a 1st world power in the full sense.) If NK jumps the shark and bombs the bejeebus out of SK, (and thus pisses of the UN, and UN allied nations) china will be politically obligated to tell glorious leader to put his nuclear dildos away, or have his fat little bottom spanked.

Unfortunately, this position with china is temporary-- once china reaches said level of industrial and economic independence and empowerment, it wont need to pussyfoot around the issue anymore. Things can get very uncertain once that happens. I dont dare hazard a guess.

The best solution to the NK problem is to find ways to pierce glorious leader's cult of personality, and to inundate the North Koreans with counter-propaganda, so that they do an "Arab Spring" type thing. Internal civil instability will make it impossible for NK to conduct any kind of external violence, and stands a good chance of destroying their already resource starved government.

Why do you think Glorious Leader tries so hard with his Potemkin villages, profane quantities of insane propaganda, with a heavy frosting of gulags and totalitarian interment camps? He is absolutely paranoid of internal civil rebellion. (if he isnt, his military cabinet most certainly is.)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, it's just my favourite class from this cool RPG
The names Protoukr and Ukr are frequently used by anti-Ukrainian Russians in order to ridicule Ukrainian history books that (allegedly) name the prehistoric people and Slavic tribes living on that territory Ukrainians. They also claim that Russians/Ruthenians of the 9th century Kievan Rus and the modern Russian people are one and the same people, even though actually modern Russians have as much in common with them as modern Germans have with the Germanic tribes from the times of the Roman Empire.

Back on topic of Best Korea, North Korean government offers dialogue to South Korea and America in exchange for them stopping their annual joint military exercises, stating it is necessary to prevent "impending nuclear disasters".
For those allergic to totalitarian Russian websites, here's an article from BBC.
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Pyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meh, they do this every year. It can pretty much be summed up as follows:

US and SK: "Look at how awesome we are!"

NK: "You guys suck! I'm going to blow you all up!"

US, SK, Japan and China: "Shut up North Korea."
I agree, most of us can't make singing rockets either. Unless you count them screaming through the atmosphere towards a fiery doom as singing.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 341