Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 503797 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Here's a question for everyone. In all seriousness, we know that North Korea is a terrible, authoritarian State. At what point does toppling it become justifiable in terms of North Korean, South Korean, and American materiel, lives, and money?
As near as anyone can tell, s'far as I've been able to gather, the point doesn't exist. There's just nothing about NK that would make it worth the cost.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

It's questionable how much of their artillery structure actually still works.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Though the best way to find out would not be sending infantry over the DMZ.
This is a blank sig.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

How viable would be nuking the DMZ (with love)?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

About as viable as nuking anywhere else I imagine. Which means zero.
This is a blank sig.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Aww.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

That's what ICBMs are for, man. Though, I still want to challenge Kim Jong-Un to a cage fight in a bulletproof cage.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

actually let's nuke the dmz

retroactively justify their entire nuclear program

it'll be the pinnacle of comedy

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

That's what ICBMs are for, man. Though, I still want to challenge Kim Jong-Un to a cage fight in a bulletproof cage.
You don't want to challenge his potato?
That was just a crazy dream I had. The crazy pipe dream that I have is to punch out Un.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

In all seriousness, we know that North Korea is a terrible, authoritarian State. At what point does toppling it become justifiable in terms of North Korean, South Korean, and American materiel, lives, and money?

It doesn’t, ever.  Standard ROI calculation while factoring in the Law of Unintended Consequences.  Anyone who thinks American/UN forces are there only or even mostly as “peacekeepers” should revisit Eisenhower’s prophetic farewell address:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWiIYW_fBfY
53 years ago this week.  One of the most important speeches of the 20th century from a President not beholden to any group or corporation. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

In all seriousness, we know that North Korea is a terrible, authoritarian State. At what point does toppling it become justifiable in terms of North Korean, South Korean, and American materiel, lives, and money?

It doesn’t, ever.  Standard ROI calculation while factoring in the Law of Unintended Consequences.  Anyone who thinks American/UN forces are there only or even mostly as “peacekeepers” should revisit Eisenhower’s prophetic farewell address:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWiIYW_fBfY
53 years ago this week.  One of the most important speeches of the 20th century from a President not beholden to any group or corporation.
Etc, etc, etc. I think you are ignoring the fact that North Korea is insane, and could easily end millions of lives in a matter of days. Those soldiers are there because North Korea is dangerous, has been dangerous for quite some time, and will continue to be dangerous.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Their military is equipped with obsolete cast-offs from the Soviet Era military. While North Korea is a bit odd, they know that trying to start a modern day war against South Korea or the US would end in their total destruction. They may be able to do some damage, especially if they shoot missiles at Seoul, but such a "victory" would be short lived. The United States have a type of tank that has never been destroyed in combat, carriers, drones, and jet planes out the wazoo, and a military more capable of rapid mobilization than any other force known today.  The North Koreans have a Special Forces unit that punches things, few of which are likely to be bullets or missiles(number four on the list).

Think of the situation as a staring contest between a benign psychopath and a rich government man. In any contest North Korea will lose, badly.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 12:45:28 pm by Beast Tamer »
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Yes, but they sure as hell would go down kicking, biting, clawing and screaming.
This is a blank sig.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the tank has never been destroyed in combat because since the proxy wars with the soviet union they never had anything better than tanks from the 70s to compete with ror

besides things just get sniped by drones nowadays

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd suggest Kim Jong-Un to liberate Korean city Vladivostok. Then it will be not so one sided as against USA but mad enough to have a right to be called a crazy dictator
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 01:01:37 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 341