Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 503256 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Ok this thing with Kim Jong-un being in a coma might be real [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #5070 on: April 25, 2020, 03:27:19 pm »

It would be intensely ironic if the youngest world leader was the one to die of covid.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ok this thing with Kim Jong-un being in a coma might be real [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #5071 on: April 25, 2020, 03:48:14 pm »

*googles*

Hold on, the dude is only 36 years old?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: April 25, 2020, 03:51:50 pm »

Yep, and third youngest leader, at least according to venerable wikipedia.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: April 25, 2020, 03:52:33 pm »

And he's been leading for nine years.

Yeah I'm pretty surprised that these rumors are getting serious. Guess that's the price of not taking the virus seriously? My bet is if you want the truth, keep an eye on that sister.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: April 25, 2020, 03:54:55 pm »

Yeah, and only 27 when he took power. I do want to emphasize these reports of him being dead/in a coma/terminally ill aren't anything substantial yet, and could definitely be made up like the other 50% of news about NK.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: April 25, 2020, 04:02:11 pm »

If 'one unamed source' and 'three people people who are familiar with the situation' but 'who declined to be identified given the sensitivity of the matter' are to be believed then KJ (he's 37 on fact checking) might have a case of corona*.

Big step from that to Regime Change comes to Best Korea.  Chances are like Boris he'll just spend a week or two in bed.

* It's also possible that KJ finally caved on covid-19 denial and immediately got paranoid about his own well-being, going into self-enforced isolation and demanding medical advisors from the local friendlies.  We don't know enough to jump of the deep end. 

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: April 25, 2020, 04:14:37 pm »

There's been no suggestion of corona though, feelotraveller. I think it's kind of silly that you reject what we do know because you can't personally confirm it, then jump straight to a coronavirus-related conspiracy.

What we know is that he had a heart operation, and shit is apparently going down. I think it's a safe bet to say that he's unwell, but the coma part isn't necessarily correct.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 04:17:36 pm by Reelya »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: April 25, 2020, 04:27:49 pm »

I'm waiting for further, more definitive confirmation.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: April 25, 2020, 04:29:16 pm »

Well that escalated quickly. However the only sources I have at this moment are TMZ and the New York Post.
https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/25/north-korea-dictator-kim-jong-un-dead-dies-heart-surgery-reports/

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: April 25, 2020, 04:38:21 pm »

I thought it might end up being her. I don't suppose she's known to be interested in reform?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: April 25, 2020, 04:50:09 pm »

I thought it might end up being her. I don't suppose she's known to be interested in reform?
LMAO
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: April 25, 2020, 04:54:43 pm »

Well, she has been trotted out on occasion to make a friendly impression, like at the Olympics.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: April 25, 2020, 06:05:17 pm »

There's been no suggestion of corona though, feelotraveller. I think it's kind of silly that you reject what we do know because you can't personally confirm it, then jump straight to a coronavirus-related conspiracy.

What we know is that he had a heart operation, and shit is apparently going down. I think it's a safe bet to say that he's unwell, but the coma part isn't necessarily correct.

Which part of "might" and "We don't know enough to jump of [sic] the deep end" do you not understand.  I'm not saying he has coronavirus but that would be a sufficient explanation of him being absent from the public limelight.  And that absence is the only 'fact' we've seen.  Beyond that there have been rumours and some reports from a couple of unreliable sources, and every one of them has said that they themselves have been unable to confirm the facts.  Is it possible he had a heart operation, yes.  But since you are so convinced that we know that he had perhaps you can point to a reliable source that has verified that?
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341