Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 496769 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* LordSlowpoke clears their throat.

What, you're actually rooting for that imperialist scumbag who smuggled a hard drive into Best Korea and wanted to pass off pictures of Americans drinking their monthly ration of molten snow as the actual image of how Glorious Leader treats his people, the ones who give their life and livelihood each and every day in order to bring destroy the very source of such imagery and reunite with their brethren in the south? He's not even deserving of a mortar round, I tell you. Were the Glorious Leader in charge of the whole world as it rightfully should be, you would have no reason to spout these lies as the Juche idea would not allow you such degenerate thoughts in the first place!

critical lack of praising best korea detected, applying quickfix

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Thinking about it, I guess it's an example of the secularism of Bay12 that we consider a missionary going to NK stupid, but a guy defending human rights courageous.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Well, if you're of the opinion that missionaries are a bad thing and human rights are a good thing....

The former also doesn't exactly have a great history in regards to the latter.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Though to be fair most of the dissent in the DPRK comes from people with links to Christian missions and things. I think if any change is going to come in the DPRK they will play an enormous role and thus far they've been pretty admirable in how well they've handled things, looking after refugees, rescuing them and so on. A lot of refugees become Christian too when they leave. On many occasions the one thing between the refugees and the North Korean security services have been Korean Christian missions in South-East Asia and China.

North Korea has an interesting history with regard to Christianity. Pyongyang was once called the "Jerusalem of the East" in the early 20th century. If the current regime had never taken over they'd probably be the main centre for Christianity in Korea and perhaps Asia.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:28:15 pm by Owlbread »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

So... Are these Christians Catholic or heretical Protestant?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

My understanding is that Korea has had a significant Presbyterian community.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think this is a real issue.

Best Korea has it's laws, Rodman and his merry band are there for basket-ball related reasons and also to indulge in the Norks upper management luxury.

This is like, ok, a basketball team from some university in Pakistan comes to the US and is friends with some congressman. They love basketball, but they decide to cry out in protest about a particular Muhhaed Malmuhg that is in GITMO. They turned basketball team into political syndacate, right then and there.

Well, that pos paki team will go flying back home right then and there, if it was a paki team in the USA.

Same with rodman. He can't comment on a US-Korean guy captured there.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Somehow, I can't help but post this video from college humor, even though it isn't really appropriate. (Inappropriate in many many ways...)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Dennis Rodman's no real bballer. If he was, he could impress Kimmy with his slams and jams long enough to convince him to release Kenneth Bae.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Or, the next executed chairman's head is slam dunked through a flaming, spiked basketball hoop.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Kim-Jong Un confirmed for Chaos Dunk Potential.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

In my day, Charles Barkley was the only one who could slam and jam enough to perform the legendary Chaos Dunk. Now everyone and their dog seems to be able to.

Ruined. Forever.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Don't worry, eventually Barkley will master the Chaos Dunk x20 and be exceptional again.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

lolDBZ
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 341