Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 504003 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: North Korea Gains De Jure Claims On Mars And Sol [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #3930 on: February 07, 2016, 06:26:18 am »

at some point China is going to North Korea. they are such a massive pain to everyone.

Quote from: DJ link=topic=71452.msg1742835#msg1742835
(23-11-2010)
at some point China is going to North Korea. they are such a massive pain to everyone.

Any war would lead to North Korea folding very quickly, certainly not something that would lead to millions of deaths.

I don't think China would actually much oppose such a move these days. From what is known to us, the PRC is starting to regard North Korea like a spoiled half-cousin who is far more trouble than they are worth.

And if they do this, they lose China's support, and the US marches in. They KNOW China said they'd pull their support if NK attacked anyone.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3931 on: February 07, 2016, 11:43:25 am »

inb4 USA invades China to stop China invading North Korea to stop North Korea invading South Korea invading China invading Japan protecting Philippines being invaded by Indonesia to be invaded by India to be invaded by China to invade Russia

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: February 07, 2016, 12:03:07 pm »

What on Earth was THAT?

I need a chart.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: February 07, 2016, 12:35:52 pm »

Things were so much easier when Indonesia was still Dutch property, and the only importance China had was their debt to their heroin dealer, Great Britain.
Sometimes I really think a lot of countries would be better off, if we just went back to enlightened colonialism.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:37:25 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: February 07, 2016, 12:55:25 pm »

Things were so much easier when Indonesia was still Dutch property, and the only importance China had was their debt to their heroin dealer, Great Britain.
Sometimes I really think a lot of countries would be better off, if we just went back to enlightened colonialism.

I know you're not serious, but...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Even if it is true, the idea has a lot of bad associations.Plus I think old timey racism is sort of funny and I saw an excuse to link to this thing.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:57:16 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: February 07, 2016, 03:14:58 pm »

Zimbabwe being the caricature-level example of this.

Even if it is true, the idea has a lot of bad associations.Plus I think old timey racism is sort of funny and I saw an excuse to link to this thing.
Meaning some people can't be trusted to govern their own assessments on the matter, and will someday be glad for my enlightened direction. You have good taste. Poor taste? You have good taste in poor taste, maybe.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: February 07, 2016, 09:09:39 pm »

Zimbabwe being the caricature-level example of this.

Meaning some people can't be trusted to govern their own assessments on the matter, and will someday be glad for my enlightened direction. You have good taste. Poor taste? You have good taste in poor taste, maybe.

Rhodesia was the breadbasket of Africa
Even the avatars expire eventually.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: February 08, 2016, 08:10:23 am »

tfw best korea founds glorious peoples' colony on Sol.

all hail Kim Il-Sun, the first Beloved Sun King of the solar system!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: February 08, 2016, 09:46:51 am »

If anyone can do it, they can.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3939 on: February 08, 2016, 09:53:57 am »

DPRK is the dark horse of the space race

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: February 08, 2016, 10:19:57 am »

50 years late and running the race backwards?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: February 08, 2016, 10:30:02 am »

Oh, that would explain why NK words things like "If we do a thing and you defend yourself we will take that as an act of war". So for example if Japan were to shoot down one of North Korea's missile tests they could claim that it's actually a defensive not offensive war.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3942 on: February 08, 2016, 12:47:54 pm »

Yeah, like one day a solar flare will knock out all of our electronics and the DPRK space agency will chortle haughtily when they save the day with rockets powered by proletariat tears

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: February 08, 2016, 02:25:53 pm »

Yeah, like one day a solar flare will knock out all of our electronics and the DPRK space agency will chortle haughtily when they save the day liberate the world with bamboo rockets powered by proletariat tears Kumdang 2 Kaesong Ginseng Extract and Best Koryo Liquor.
Are no proletariat tear in Worker Juche Paradise of Best Korea. Only tear in Best Korea shed in memory of late Dear Leader Kim Jong-Il and late Great Leader Kim Il-Sung. And first and last Beloved Sun King Kim Il-Sun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: February 08, 2016, 04:00:01 pm »

Oh, that would explain why NK words things like "If we do a thing and you defend yourself we will take that as an act of war". So for example if Japan were to shoot down one of North Korea's missile tests they could claim that it's actually a defensive not offensive war.
In the case of (totally not) military testing specifically, I'm not sure there's any nations that wouldn't take that as an act of war or at least a really dick move.

More generally, I assumed that was because they were crazy and/or that's how politics works. Encouraging China's military support could be a strong specific goal of the latter, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 341