Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 513819 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: The DPRK Thread is not a toy, try not to get enslaved.
« Reply #3990 on: March 16, 2016, 11:25:43 am »

He deserves his time.
If I where the leader, I would have him paper cut with said banner until he crys like a little boy, then after the two papercuts I would dip him in a very hot bath and get him dileriously hot, make him run naked in a cold field and blow him up with a heat seaking missile.
Then nuke the moon while smoking his remains in the banner and drinking the finest Korean rice wine, with my american buddy.... hmmm mel gibson... yes he will be my buddy

Why do I have the unsettling suspicion that you were being actually turned on by what you typed?
I was about to note that this sounded like the beginning of a slashfic, but the sentient poop beat me to it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: March 16, 2016, 12:03:14 pm »

He deserves his time.
If I where the leader, I would have him paper cut with said banner until he crys like a little boy, then after the two papercuts I would dip him in a very hot bath and get him dileriously hot, make him run naked in a cold field and blow him up with a heat seaking missile.
Then nuke the moon while smoking his remains in the banner and drinking the finest Korean rice wine, with my american buddy.... hmmm mel gibson... yes he will be my buddy

Why do I have the unsettling suspicion that you were being actually turned on by what you typed?
I was about to note that this sounded like the beginning of a slashfic, but the sentient poop beat me to it.
"Oh yeah, baby. Nuke the moon, just like that."
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: March 19, 2016, 01:21:25 am »

You guys realise the entire point of the DPRKSP is to nuke the moon right? That thing has been invading best Korea with it's illuminatilumination for decades.
Glorious leader will not be outshined by anyone!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: March 19, 2016, 06:23:10 am »

You guys realise the entire point of the DPRKSP is to nuke the moon right? That thing has been invading best Korea with it's illuminatilumination for decades.
Glorious leader will not be outshined by anyone!
Eclipses are a capitalist ploy to intimidate Korean people by blocking glorious leader's radiance.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: April 23, 2016, 05:08:05 pm »

The North Korean minister of Foreign affairs, Ri Su Yong, made a surprising proposal today in an interview with press agency AP.

He said that North Korea is willing to cease it's nuclear program, if the US is willing to cease holding joint training missions with South Korea.
He did stress that North Korea has the right to nuclear deterrence, as long as the US' attitude makes that nescessary. He also said that international sanctions don't scare Pyongyang.
Yet, he added: "stop training for a nuclear conflict on the Korean peninsula, then we will stop our nuclear tests."

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/noord-korea-jullie-stoppen-met-legeroefeningen-wij-met-kernproeven~a4288448/
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: April 23, 2016, 05:10:00 pm »

The North Korean minister of Foreign affairs, Ri Su Yong, made a surprising proposal today in an interview with press agency AP.

He said that North Korea is willing to cease it's nuclear program, if the US is willing to cease holding joint training missions with South Korea.
He did stress that North Korea has the right to nuclear deterrence, as long as the US' attitude makes that nescessary. He also said that international sanctions don't scare Pyongyang.
Yet, he added: "stop training for a nuclear conflict on the Korean peninsula, then we will stop our nuclear tests."

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/noord-korea-jullie-stoppen-met-legeroefeningen-wij-met-kernproeven~a4288448/

Sounds like they're trying to call our bluff.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: April 23, 2016, 05:18:03 pm »

That's actually reasonable. Huh. Never expected that out of NK.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: April 23, 2016, 05:20:28 pm »

That's actually reasonable. Huh. Never expected that out of NK.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: April 23, 2016, 05:22:31 pm »

Sounds more like something a Trump adminstration would do though than Obama or (Hillary) Clinton.

I'd be wary of getting stabbed in the back though, so to speak.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, like we aren't going to not respect that after we claim to have proof that they aren't respecting it.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Will never happen.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

We've made deals before.  Korean disarmament was supposed to happen in the Clinton administration (1994), then the second Bush administration (promises in 2005 and a deal after the fifth round of six-party talks in 2007), and now the Obama administration (the suspension of enrichment in 2012).  If it were coming from a nation that didn't have that sort of track record, it might be reasonable.  As it is, it's a cheap diplomatic shot. 

It would be a good way to get South Korea to consider a diplomatic pivot to China if the US went insane and accepted it as-is, though.  While North Korea would not win in any resumption of the Korean war, the big fear south of the border is the casualties that would ensue before the DPRK defeat.  While it's no longer entirely probable, diplomatic incidents like those in 2010 and 2015 could easily escalate, especially if it's clear the US won't respond, and the ROK must consider its own security as well.  Without the US, ironically, it's China that becomes the guarantor of (a highly Sino-centric) security in the Far East. 

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Yeah, non-nuclear conflict still is a thing, and nobody can expect the US to just abandon an ally in face of the threat that even a non-nuclear NK still poses.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

But is it "stop joint training for nuclear war" in exchange for "stop developing nuclear weapons" or "stop all joint exercises and military support" in exchange for "stop developing nuclear weapons"?

The former's reasonable, the second isn't

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Well, just having soldiers there without joint exercises to make sure that the two armies can cooperate effectively should war break out would be kinda pointless, no?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 341