Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: From Napoleon to Beyond (Nation Management Game)  (Read 23511 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From Napoleon to Beyond (Nation Management Game)
« Reply #315 on: March 26, 2013, 10:37:37 am »

Sorry to see you go Ethiopia.  Since France still has not replied, I'm going to be playing for him in this battle.

THE RUSSIANS ARE ALREADY DEAD

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 26, 2013, 10:48:11 am »

Sorry to see you go Ethiopia.  Since France still has not replied, I'm going to be playing for him in this battle.
THE RUSSIANS ARE ALREADY DEAD
Hm?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 26, 2013, 10:49:09 am »

We'll see, if they lose they can always come back next year with a bigger army and some German friends to finish the job.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 26, 2013, 10:49:43 am »

Proposal: someone not making thier move within a designated timescale without informing the GM valid reason beforehand has a move played for them in a passive manner. Hopefully this will prevent the whole "OOC chatcrap" that drove one player away and bored those of us waiting.
This is a blank sig.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 26, 2013, 11:20:39 am »

Yep.  I'll set the deadline to be two days.  Within two days of inactivity, if you have not posted, you will be automated.  After five days of inactivity, you will be replaced.  That is three days for you France. 

Battle deployment done. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You are up Russia. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:17:12 pm by alamoes »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 26, 2013, 04:01:49 pm »

On another note, Cossacks were badass. They were like russian samurai. Except more unruly. And bigger.
The Cossacks were nothing like Samurai, they were too busy drinking, being manly, and bending horseshoes with their bare hands.
And riding horses, and using firearms, and nit being landed nobles...
I was trying to be brief/hyperbolic as possible, geez. Can't help it if I didn't include:
  • Expert marksmen with the musket.
  • Able to ride wild horses without using harness.
  • Living off the steppes and moving around them like ghosts.
Better now? I can include bits about getting slaughtered by Hussars and their quasi-independence if you want.

Also, I'd like to point out that the Samurai rode horses and used firearms...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 26, 2013, 04:03:34 pm »

Why do I have troops committed on the battlefield?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 26, 2013, 04:06:47 pm »

Approximately how far would I be able to move my troops? And how sould I do it? An arrow showing where they're going to go? Or just a new thing putting them where I want them tone, plus my reserves?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 26, 2013, 05:00:31 pm »

Approximately how far would I be able to move my troops? And how sould I do it? An arrow showing where they're going to go? Or just a new thing putting them where I want them tone, plus my reserves?

Use arrows. 
Your reserves are off the map.  They spawn at your edge of the map.  I would leave a path for retreating units to run off the map, otherwise the

Why do I have troops committed on the battlefield?

Would you rather the Russians did not help you?  Your troops have joined the Russian forces, and your general has agreed to allow the Russians take over. 

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 26, 2013, 06:09:19 pm »

I have finished crafting the French plans.  Was fairly easy, all you have to do is move forward.  Also, you can begin firing your cannons, but the Pulitsky cannons are out of range.  PM me your targets and or map with arrows Rolepgeek.  Well, good luck Rolepgeek.  You may need it. 

Both sides advance.  Napoleon's cannons take potshots on the enemy Pulitsky cannons.  They all miss.  (2,2,3,2,2)

The amount of attack dice depends on the strength of the unit.  1 strength is 1000 men.  I'll post the movement shortly. 

Movement

The French move up in a centralized formation. 

Due to the slow cannons placed throughout the army, the Russian army stalls in the center. 

Troops can't move through each other and cannons are slower than infantry which is slower than cavalry. 

PM next movement to me.  I'll get to it tomorrow. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:11:13 pm by alamoes »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]