Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fire of Algir Mountain  (Read 5278 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire of Algir Mountain
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 09:53:57 am »

What else is there TO ask?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 11:29:21 am »

How much magma would a magmachuck chuck if a magmachuck could chuck magma?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 12:45:24 pm »

As much as a magmachuck would chuck if a magmachuck could chuck magma.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 03:51:34 am »

>Ask him if he has a wizard we can bring.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 01:38:00 pm »

>Ask him if he has a wizard we can bring.

Maldir takes a drink from his glass and nods, "Of course. Actually- and you have my apologies- you should have had one assigned to you along with your aid, Vallod. It.. was not deemed immediately necessary. Gelian can rectify this for you, he should still be in the library if you wish to speak with him. Otherwise, I'll arrange for him to send you someone personally."

Vallod. Gelian.
Gelian is Enzar's Master Arcanist and one of Maldir's private council, along with Master General Theldad. You've had plenty of opportunity to acquaint yourself with each upon becoming Lord Champion, though until now you have not had opportunity to speak to either in your own time, outside of formal occasion.

Vallod was the one who brought the summons to you. So far he seems to be a dependable young officer, put to use as errand boy. He'll be waiting for you down in the palace grounds where you left him.

What else is there TO ask?

While in thought, you take a minute to run through what else you could possibly question Maldir on. Why Algirack? Beside it being somehow linked to Algir. What is Ketiis' involvement? What about the situation at Port Velk? What's our current relationship with Boldek? What's this about dwarves? Why is Maldir so tentative about the crown?

As you think, you mutter as to what else there is TO ask. Before you can speak further though, Maldir sets his wine down and stops you.

"Let me ask YOU a question. Do you feel confident you can complete this task for me? Some are saying that I am the cause of Algir's eruption, that my new era is merely a beginning to an end."

. . .
"It is not so, and you must show them that it is not so."

>_
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 05:59:12 pm »

>State that you are well confident in completing the task.

and for action -
>Check on Vallod.
>Check on Gelian.
>See as to gathering all the supplies/crew you have listed.

Yes, of course you're confident. You could cut a bloody swathe from here to Algir if you had to. If something at Algirack is at fault, you'll find it, no doubt, no questions asked. Except for that one about the Deadlands, and getting a wizard.

And that's what Maldir likes to hear! He is careful to remind you though, that the truce is still in effect. You should try to avoid causing any diplomatic incidents on your way, or at least make it appear to be a mistake of the enemy should you end up in a fight.

You nod and as you trace your steps back to the door you entered through, Maldir toasts you.

It's time to begin preparations. Gathering as diverse a group as you can is surely more complicated than simply rounding up some soldiers and marching out, but you hope the dynamic will pay off. As well, involving Boldek and Mringar could certainly gain you leverage in getting past Ketiis.

You exit the inner palace and make your way out to meet up with Vallod. You consider speaking with Gelian, but as Maldir said he would take care of that, you figure you might as well cut to the chase.

As you approach, the young soldier bows. "Lord Semti! How went your summons?"

Vallod listens as you explain your task and your expectations for the expedition force. He nods and says he can assemble the troops you need, but if you're after nobles you're going to need to seek them out personally.

For the civilians, he could get the military to round some up, unless you want to try buying them with gold, promise or valor. He'll also look into requisitioning all the supplies you need and start assembling the actual caravan.

It's mid morning, you've eaten, and the rest of the day lays ahead of you. You still need to decide which route you're going to try and take, but otherwise all that remains is figuring out who you'll be trying to enlist first.

Quote from: Equipment
- Darkened Blade
- Chain Shirt
Quote from: Company
- Vallod
- unknown wizard?
Quote from: Caravan Status
- non existent
Quote from: Task List
- provide Vallod with orders
- pickup grenades
- enlist Boldek War Cats
- enlist an official
- enlist aid of Eyrin Divines
- enlist townsfolk
- enlist mercenaries

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2013, 03:53:52 am »

Okay, while I can't think for crap right now, Imma bring this game back into the limelight because it frankly deserves to be there. I might fill this space with suggestions later, but for now, other people! Pay attention! Suggest stuff!
Sig! Onol

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2013, 03:19:55 pm »

I appreciate the support Xantalos, I didn't think anyone actually thought anything of this! It's not looking like anyone is much in the mind to agree with ya though. Even if this perishes, I'll always have the Get Ye Crown meme to keep close to my heart, and plus I'll probably be trying to start something else up. Will give it 1-2 weeks more to see how it goes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2013, 06:05:19 pm »

I appreciate the support Xantalos, I didn't think anyone actually thought anything of this! It's not looking like anyone is much in the mind to agree with ya though. Even if this perishes, I'll always have the Get Ye Crown meme to keep close to my heart, and plus I'll probably be trying to start something else up. Will give it 1-2 weeks more to see how it goes.
Suggestions incoming in the next day/several hours.
Sig! Onol

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 06:31:18 pm »

Wish I had seen this prior to it getting so old. In any case:

>Rethink the idea of taking an entire expedition. Seeing as how this is not an expedition to settle an area do we really need to bring so many along with us?
>That said, decide to scrap previous ideas and instead take along the 4th division of the royal army. Consisting of battle hardened pike men with an array of archers and a small complement of light cavalry they will give you the best chance of getting to Algirack. The requisite tagalong cooks and baggage train to allow for extended marching should provide any other men/women you need.
>We'll be traveling across the mountains so the baggage should be carried by pack mules rather than wagons.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...
Pages: 1 [2]