Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]

Author Topic: Putnam's DFHack scripts  (Read 114917 times)

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Putnam's DFHack scripts
« Reply #645 on: April 23, 2015, 01:43:57 am »

Yeah, it's really wishy-washy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It may be that it has to be in-season?

Eventually it worked, probably being under SIEGE was a too heavy deterrent.
Although by working I mean "The fortress attracted no migrants this year", my civ is probably dead and I am the last bastion (but not having the king I am not the mountainhome, so it's a mistery for me). The Caravan came, without the Outopost Liasion, though.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 20, 2015, 11:15:51 am »

what will happen if a creature is made out of the material? would they function normally till their bps are used as weapons?? or would the syndrome apply to them?
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #647 on: August 15, 2015, 02:01:18 pm »

Whenever I try to force an event, or one of several other things, I get this:

...1.03_\DWARFF~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24\hack\lua\utils.lua:595: error: invalid
arg: 1: CivAttack
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        ...1.03_\DWARFF~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24\hack\lua\utils.lua:595: in func
tion 'processArgs'
        ...1\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24/hack/scripts/modtools/force.lua:25: in funct
ion 'f'
        ....03_\DWARFF~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:461: in func
tion <....03_\DWARFF~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:425>
        (...tail calls...)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 21, 2015, 11:18:24 pm »

Triggering invasions has not been possible since DF2014.

JezaGaia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to get a civ id ?
« Reply #649 on: June 14, 2018, 07:32:23 am »

So I'm trying to get a diplomat from the human civilization I'm trading with so I can have news because since I became the capital I only have traders and no more trade agreements or news.

I used the command force diplomat PLAINS and got a human diplomat but not from the civ I wanted but another one.
I see in the force description that I can specify a number as ID so I suppose that every civ has a numerical ID I could use to trigger a specific diplomat ?
Am I wrong ?
And if I'm right how can I find that number ?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 14, 2018, 08:38:47 am »

"force" is in DFHack now, and this thread is very old, so the DFHack thread would probably be a better place in the future.

If the civ is in the civ list ('c'-'c' screen), you can get its ID with
Code: [Select]
:lua ~scr.entities[scr.sel_idx].id
or through
Code: [Select]
gui/gm-editor scr and finding `entities`.

You could also use gui/gm-unit on some unit, enter the civ editor, and search. There are other ways too, like searching through df.global.world.entities.all manually, but those are the easier ones I can think of.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

JezaGaia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 14, 2018, 11:36:23 am »

Thank you very much I'll try that and if it fails I'll go to DFHack thread.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]