Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 67488 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!
« Reply #600 on: April 12, 2013, 10:48:16 pm »

I have been intending to make such a setup for a while.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 13, 2013, 02:32:36 pm »

Regarding cryptography - It was short-term enough that I didn't think it would be terrible. Within the same day, when I was already intending to claim, all it did was guarantee that I didn't change my claim after hearing anyone else's.

I was screwing around because I had a crappy day at work. I don't like the effects cryptology has on games either. But in this case I figured it was pretty harmless. (I never actually expected anyone to care)
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 13, 2013, 05:39:12 pm »

I don't think badly of you at all for doing it - a) there was no rule, or even an implication of a rule, against it and b) you did it in a very non-game breaking way.  However it would be quite possible to gamebreak hard using that technique (you'd get everyone to crypto-claim at the start, thus preventing mafia from fakeclaiming), so I think there need to be rules against it in future.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 13, 2013, 06:12:50 pm »

...I think it could be an interesting facet of a game that was planned around it.

But yeah, it should otherwise be universally banned. I will definitely stomp on it if I see anybody trying it.

...but I don't think it should be a problem. This stuff arises when people start focusing too much on "optimal play", and that really has nothing to do with the reasons people play this game.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]