Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 431457 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

"Really? Your police do not wear anything that would identify them as such? Seems like a very confusing system."
"Secret"
One word, before the messenger heads out the door.

Follow Faith, as always, hands behind my back, head looking down and to one side, but moving steadilly and evenly instead of my usual start and stop movement, and without the swaying from side to side I have done on rare occasions in the past.
Faith is with the messenger, and both of them have run off already.
yes... and I'm following Faith.

"...Make sure to wear those uniforms as well; they're quite important."
"Why?"
Ask

follow behind the messenger, hands behind my back, looking down and to the left.
I've been pretty consistent about this.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The messenger may end up pressing some stalking or sexual abuse-related charges upon most of the team until the end of the mission.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((Not Grate!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

((Or Cecil!

Though my inner anime rages at me for this.))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Should not we who guard the town go guard?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Indeed we should. Guy with the turret, want some help setting it up for us at the gate?

Get Renen to come with me to the gate, help Charles setup his turret there. Make sure I understand how to use the automated machine of death correctly.

Realize at some point that I have no idea where the gate we're supposed to be guarding is and wait for the messenger to come back with a map.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Very well, which magazine shall I use? Incendiary or standard? Should I prepare the magazine's detonation unit as well?"
Charles removes the magazine from his rifle and looks for a good, semi-concealed vantage point at the gate. He does not insert a magazine into the rifle. Yet.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 06:10:49 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((Did we ever decide who was going to take what shifts?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( We have decided nothing about shifts, but we need to get rolling, so in true HMRC fashion we are enacting half a plan and letting the other half sort itself by shooting us in the face.

(( Hopefully we'll have it sorted out by radio before the gate guard dies of exhaustion, since they are the only task that needs shifts, with the other tasks being daily patrols :P ))

Let's go with standard for now. I'm not expecting to need to set things on fire quite yet.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Understood."
Charles attaches a detonator to the standard magazine. He then loads his rifle with it.
"The turret's standard magazine is now armed. If required, any one of you can detonate it. It's a directed charge so please try to aim it via the turret controls and camera, and please use it only as a last resort, the entire turret would likely be destroyed when it is set off. That being said, if we do have to detonate it, don't leave it until it's too late, if there aren't that many bullets left in the magazine, it won't do much."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Head out for scout duty.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Ugh. Great. I'm the leader and I fail due to RL busy-ness. >_> The only time I could try to help a mission solely via order.

...And I got lost halfway part through when Harry/Stacy gives that sprayer. If possible, could anyone PM me what just happened?

..Hate these situations.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Very good, sir! I'll be sure to get one. If there is one."

Go back to the group. Await judgment of peers.
You walk back to the group and take a seat on the ground, waiting for someone to give you an order.

"Really? Your police do not wear anything that would identify them as such? Seems like a very confusing system."
"Secret"
One word, before the messenger heads out the door.

Follow Faith, as always, hands behind my back, head looking down and to one side, but moving steadilly and evenly instead of my usual start and stop movement, and without the swaying from side to side I have done on rare occasions in the past.
Faith is with the messenger, and both of them have run off already.
yes... and I'm following Faith.

"...Make sure to wear those uniforms as well; they're quite important."
"Why?"
Ask

follow behind the messenger, hands behind my back, looking down and to the left.
I've been pretty consistent about this.

You really can't take a hint about when a man wants some quality alone time with a 7 foot tall synthflesh woman, can ya?  Assume they gave you the slip. Or Faith told you to stay behind. Or something similar. They'll be back soon anyways.

Indeed we should. Guy with the turret, want some help setting it up for us at the gate?

Get Renen to come with me to the gate, help Charles setup his turret there. Make sure I understand how to use the automated machine of death correctly.

Realize at some point that I have no idea where the gate we're supposed to be guarding is and wait for the messenger to come back with a map.

So self decided gate guard shift 1 is Skylar, Renen, and Sort of Charles, if only for technical support.  As per that gate, you're pretty sure it's that giant, single gate down there. The 30 foot tall one set into the equally huge wall that surrounds the palace. It's a good guess, at least.

"Very well, which magazine shall I use? Incendiary or standard? Should I prepare the magazine's detonation unit as well?"
Charles removes the magazine from his rifle and looks for a good, semi-concealed vantage point at the gate. He does not insert a magazine into the rifle. Yet.
The Gate is pretty far down the hill from here; but it looks like the gate is rather ornate and almost Torii like. It's a great square arch holding heavy, iron banded doors that are kept just slightly open; enough for single file foot traffic and nothing else. Hiding behind a door might be effective, or you might even be able to find a way up onto the top of the wall. You don't see any battlements up there, but there are structures and people walking around, so it still might be worth looking into.

Head out for scout duty.
By which you mean into the township, I suppose? Wanna gather a few people up rather then just running out there alone?

((Ugh. Great. I'm the leader and I fail due to RL busy-ness. >_> The only time I could try to help a mission solely via order.

...And I got lost halfway part through when Harry/Stacy gives that sprayer. If possible, could anyone PM me what just happened?

..Hate these situations.))
Well, it looks like Renen, Skylar and Charles volunteered for gate duty so far. May is about to head out into the township, so really just assigning a few people to go with her would be effective. Though You may also want to tell her to wait till the Messenger gets back with a map of their route and that phrase book.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"Hm... guess nothing to do but wait! Wait, wait, wait, wait, WAIT!"

Shake moneymaker while waiting.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Locate Faith, do not let her get isolated from the team. the messenger and other natives do not count as teammates for these purposes.

((I wonder if Lyra's hair and eye color (both are white) will change how she is treated by the natives))
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:22:02 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 243