Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 431382 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No experience with amps. In the second mission, I got inside Jim's memories while testing one of the anomalies there." Milno answers, stopping to think for a while. "During an alien intrusion while I was on ship, my mind was thrown inside the body of someone else not on the ship and it also seemed like a memory or something."

He stretches a bit before finishing. "And during the last mission I started to feel drawn towards those strange structures. I don't know if I ever experienced anything like direct neural connections, but I think some other conscious beings thought it would be funny to screw with my head."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:25:19 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim looked at Milno for a moment. "I had forgotten we tried that experiment during our second mission... but now that I think about it, I remember we tried it the other way around and it didn't work. I wonder why that was."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno shrugs. "Maybe we screwed with the circle somehow. Not sure myself."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim sat back down on the table he had been on. "By the way. Does that bother you, having that arm?" he asked, indicating Milno's claw.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"I once called upon the latent powers of Tommy, the dark one, through an artifact to heal my broken body. does that count?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Nah, it doesn't bother me." Milno answers Jim while drumming the mechanic arm's sharpened fingertips against his thigh. "Helped me during the Abyss mission and it is always the first limb to be put inside trouble's reach."
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((PTW))

((Same.  Also, we're almost up to the Sex Thread.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(@Toaster: Wat
PPE: Oh, OK. I get you now. :P)

Jim shrugged. "Just curious. I never had grafts -  I just went from my body to a robotic platform - so I was curious about where it joins. Does it hurt, or feel weird, or anything like that?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Doesn't hurt, doesn't itch. Doesn't feel weird, it's just like having an arm permanently incapable of feeling." he answers, taking a moment to check how badly the painting job he did so many missions ago has been scarred by field action.
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

No experience of amps use. Only theoretical knowledge of direct neural connections.
((I understand that hair doesn't grow in stasis, that's why I was trying to ask about time out of stasis which I would not be able to account for (being unconscious and all). I mean, between us entering stasis and waking up here we must have left stasis at some point, and at that point the hair would start growing again, right?))
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:22:14 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

No experience of amps use. Only theoretical knowledge of direct neural connections.
((I understand that hair doesn't grow in stasis, that's why I was trying to ask about time out of stasis which I would not be able to account for (being unconscious and all). I mean, between us entering stasis and waking up here we must have left stasis at some point, and at that point the hair would start growing again, right?))
((... you have a short memory. what did the AM do to us JUST before you went on this mission?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

(Woah, third thread.  What's this gonna be used for after the mission is over?)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((@Lenglon Fuck with our minds (not in any offensive way, we asked for it). And direct neural connections to living things mean sharing minds, which did not happen to me. In case of neuro-something amps it is just one way street, as only the amp user gains access to the mind of the other person - well, normally, that is - and I cannot remember being on the dishing end of mindfuckery at any point in my life. Metaphorical, maybe, but not actual.

Another question: given the nerve terminal nodes and direct neural connections questions, are they going to make us pilot Avatars which could combine into Ghost Ships if needed?  :o  :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Oh look, a third thread. What next, a dedicated VR/Tinker thread?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((PTW))

((Same.  Also, we're almost up to the Sex Thread.))
I have no idea what to make of either of these comments. No idea.

"Doesn't hurt, doesn't itch. Doesn't feel weird, it's just like having an arm permanently incapable of feeling." he answers, taking a moment to check how badly the painting job he did so many missions ago has been scarred by field action.
The claws are scrapped clean of paint, shiny from use, but the rest is still intact, though faded.

Ah, sorry about that. But yeah, if anything there is 5 o'clock shadow. You've not been out long.

(Woah, third thread.  What's this gonna be used for after the mission is over?)
B-mission thread most likely, for if, or more likely when, we run two missions at the same time again. Or for off ship actions that are not officially sanctioned missions.

((Oh look, a third thread. What next, a dedicated VR/Tinker thread?))

I don't encourage addicts. Except when they're buying from me. So until I can somehow monetize and make a living out of this silliness :P

"Yeah, we figured as much. Well you're gonna get a crash course. Before that, a little information. You are aboard the UWMSC Haidal, a science and repair ship. You're on loan to us to help with a particularly high risk repair job. I'll tell you more about it as we go but for now, please exit the isolation room, we've got lots of preparation to go through.

A section of wall across the room slides open to reveal a much more normal looking ship corridor beyond.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 243