Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 431361 times)

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: UE and SW Hunters
« Reply #2385 on: November 06, 2013, 07:38:51 pm »

Quote from: To the SW hunter team and the Sweep team
Hey guys, I'm waiting near the towers where the SW was, he may have left now, unfortunately. I really need of some people here because there is a trap and I can't deactivate it and all the other ways up are a little difficult even for me. So here is my location and please come here ASAP. On a side note, if anyone want to fire lots of explosives to destroy the tower, I ask to warn me beforehand, please. A little teamwork is a good thing.

Send message. See if I have heat vision. Ask Steve for the maps and plants of the towers.

Quote from: To Steve
Can you get the maps and plants of these buildings in front of me? And the maps of the area too. I want to see the SW's possible escape routes. And, please, send a copy for my team too.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2386 on: November 06, 2013, 07:54:01 pm »

Quote from: Renen | To the SW hunter team and the Sweep team
Hey guys, I'm waiting near the towers where the SW was, he may have left now, unfortunately. I really need of some people here because there is a trap and I can't deactivate it and all the other ways up are a little difficult even for me. So here is my location and please come here ASAP. On a side note, if anyone want to fire lots of explosives to destroy the tower, I ask to warn me beforehand, please. A little teamwork is a good thing.
Quote from:  Flint | To: Renen
I can fly you somewhere if you want. I'm the guy in the battlesuit flying near the top of the central tower. Just tell me where you wanna go. Currently investigating a strange device up here.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: November 06, 2013, 08:00:29 pm »

Quote from: Morul Migrurkeshin to Renen.
I could help, but I'd need a way over. Currently near the gangway. Oh, and permission from Fyeri.

"Feryi, permission to assist Renen? My suit could prove useful."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: November 06, 2013, 08:02:02 pm »

Observe environment.

((And once she goes into a universe where the laws of physics are presided over by non-corrupt cops, it will stop working. Just like how Robin could beat up Gandalf if they met in...actually, the DCU has magic, bad example. Just like a random guy could beat up Gandalf if they met in New York City, because NYC simply does not let magic happen.))

((Wut mate. A random guy couldn't beat up Gandalf because Gandalf doesn't exist. If he did, then magic would, and he'd probably win.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: November 06, 2013, 08:04:52 pm »

((Plus Gandalf has large stick to hit people with.
No not that one, May.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: November 06, 2013, 08:38:13 pm »

((And once she goes into a universe where the laws of physics are presided over by non-corrupt cops, it will stop working. Just like how Robin could beat up Gandalf if they met in...actually, the DCU has magic, bad example. Just like a random guy could beat up Gandalf if they met in New York City, because NYC simply does not let magic happen.))
((you mean like how a universal manipulator wouldn't work in NYC either? there is stuff in ER that breaks physics just as badly or worse than Samus's suit.))
((Not if Xantalos's description of it is accurate.))

((Wut mate. A random guy couldn't beat up Gandalf because Gandalf doesn't exist. If he did, then magic would, and he'd probably win.))
((I am basing it off the assumption that Gandalf is transported from his universe to ours, without any of the laws of our universe changing.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: November 06, 2013, 08:43:37 pm »

((I am basing it off the assumption that Gandalf is transported from his universe to ours, without any of the laws of our universe changing.))

((So our universe stays the same, sans the fact that inter-universe travel now exist and works perfectly? Hmm. Plus, Gandalf always has his magic powers, that's not only Canon, but also adhering to the Rule of Cool.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: November 06, 2013, 08:45:34 pm »

((I can enter an alternate dimension with the press of a button, where space is compressed. The Armory Master can create matter at will. Look at the two manipufails and tell me we did not do horrible things to physics. And Xantalos isn't quite right in his description. It's more of the tech it's encountering is either meant for the suit, or close enough it can adapt.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: November 06, 2013, 08:48:01 pm »

((I don't know much of Metroid, so don't trust my descriptions.))
Sig! Onol

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: November 06, 2013, 08:53:36 pm »

((I don't either, but from what I've played, all the upgrades make sense for the suit, plus you find most of them clutched in the hands of Chozo statues, or the actual piece of tech, and you more or less stick it on the suit.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: November 06, 2013, 09:01:38 pm »

((IIRC it's because the Chozo planned everything that happened in all the Metroid games ever. Future predicition and all.))
Sig! Onol

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: November 06, 2013, 09:04:44 pm »

((Wait. Ancient bird-like race that has a giant convoluted plan behind everything in the galaxy? Onmissiahs' cogs, Tzeentch is a Chozo.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: November 06, 2013, 09:08:23 pm »

((My Hastur it all makes sense now.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: November 06, 2013, 09:21:21 pm »

((So our universe stays the same, sans the fact that inter-universe travel now exist and works perfectly? Hmm. Plus, Gandalf always has his magic powers, that's not only Canon, but also adhering to the Rule of Cool.))
((Magic cannot exist in our world. Therefore, Gandalf cannot have magic in our world.
The metaphor works this way because piecewise wouldn't let something so logic-ignoring into his game.))

((I can enter an alternate dimension with the press of a button, where space is compressed. The Armory Master can create matter at will. Look at the two manipufails and tell me we did not do horrible things to physics. And Xantalos isn't quite right in his description. It's more of the tech it's encountering is either meant for the suit, or close enough it can adapt.))
((Simply put: The "alternate dimension" seems like it could simply be rotating into some other orientation. I have never seen proof of the AM doing so and hence cannot comment on what method was probably used. Ice-9 was simply turning way too many things down to absolute 0. And in that case, it can't do anything like what he implied.))

((Wait. Ancient bird-like race that has a giant convoluted plan behind everything in the galaxy? Onmissiahs' cogs, Tzeentch is a Chozo.))
((No. Chozo are Daemons of Tzeentch.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: November 06, 2013, 09:32:55 pm »

((Magic cannot exist in our world. Therefore, Gandalf cannot have magic in our world.
The metaphor works this way because piecewise wouldn't let something so logic-ignoring into his game.))

((Gandalf can't have magic because Gandalf doesn't exist.))
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 243