Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 438483 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yep. Let's take a bit more of a look around, they shouldn't be too far. Our margin for errors is almost non-existant, so watching all of them may pay off.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

I'm sure you've noticed but we're kinda rushing for reasons regarding a player. If they want to explain them they may, but if not, thats ok too. So I'm just gonna throw a few things out here to save time since this is really more of a lore mission and the real danger comes from the choosing at the end. So.

There are 3 remaining hard memories and they are as follows:

1.A sort of hovering black void thats separated from the rest of the memories.

2. A planet burning. 

3. A metal desk, like the sort of thing you'd see at a school.

Split up and take them all at once or one at a time. Doesn't really matter.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile

((Aww. Piecewise, did you just get bored with this, or you have some other other stuff you want to throw at us and you just can't wait? I liked the gradual exploration, and now we're suddenly rushing like crazy. Like how I still don't get how Maurice was able to get in the Cheering memory, if touching it didn't provoke any reaction.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((Aww. Piecewise, did you just get bored with this, or you have some other other stuff you want to throw at us and you just can't wait? I liked the gradual exploration, and now we're suddenly rushing like crazy. Like how I still don't get how Maurice was able to get in the Cheering memory, if touching it didn't provoke any reaction.))
I didn't get bored with it, but I'm trying to get this done quickly for the sake of a player with extenuating outside circumstances.

Although there are things that I want to get into...Basically, I'll let you guys know that we're doing another 5 man mission after this one -mission 10- and then we're gonna pick up the guys on the planetoid, assuming they're still alive.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim goes for the metal desk.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((And I must thank you greatly for this effort.))
Check the black void memory.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Although there are things that I want to get into...Basically, I'll let you guys know that we're doing another 5 man mission after this one -mission 10- and then we're gonna pick up the guys on the planetoid, assuming they're still alive.
pick up the guys on the planetoid, assuming they're still alive.
assuming they're still alive.

((Was that ominous foreshadowing? Looking at recent developments, I think that was ominous foreshadowing.
Welp, only one thing left to do.))

Panic!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:56:53 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well, think about it. He's pretty much the only skilled medic who will actually go out of their way to help you in a manner that does not have the risk of involving roundhouse kicks to the head.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Enter the burning world memory.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Burning world.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Jim goes for the metal desk.
The memory dumps you into the memories of someone at a similar desk, in a room full of people sitting at similar desks. It would pass as a school room if not for the fact that the students very wildly in age. And that each one is hooked to an iv drip. They're all sitting stock straight at their desks, staring ahead at a screen on the wall. The screen is blinking images and phrases, but they're flashing by so quickly that you can't consciously tell what they are. Occasionally the blinking will stop and a single message will hold on screen for several seconds. When this happens, the vessel, and the rest of the group by the sound of it, feel something. A conditioned emotional response.

"Your master is the UWM"

The vessel's chest swells with happiness and pride.

"Your enemy is the Altered"

Hatred, revulsion, and purpose. No fear.

"You must always protect humanity."

Love, compassion, willingness to sacrifice.

"Loyalty to your creator." 

And on it goes, for quite a while. It takes you a moment to notice when it loops.

((And I must thank you greatly for this effort.))
Check the black void memory.
This memory drops you back into the now familiar view of the universe from the multifold camera eyes of the ghost ship. However, it's hard to say exactly where you are. You can see nothing but empty space and scant few stars in all directions. You feel that the ghost ship is thinking; thinking in it's own particular way. It's hard to say what it would think of, out here all alone, but it seems contemplative, introspective even. It's thinking about the past.

Hard to say when this one loops, since it's very static, but you're pretty sure it has by now.

pick up the guys on the planetoid, assuming they're still alive.
assuming they're still alive.

((Was that ominous foreshadowing? Looking at recent developments, I think that was ominous foreshadowing.
Welp, only one thing left to do.))

Panic!

I never make assumptions about the survival of people on mission. You guys have always surprised me in just how many ways you find to die.

Enter the burning world memory.
Burning world.

The Burning world memory is from the viewpoint of the ghostship's camera eyes yet again. It's in low orbit around an earth-like world, drifting silently as it looks down on the scattered settlements below. It doesn't know the name of this place; but it knows that 45,230 people live there, by last count. That they eke out an isolated life, growing their own food, producing their own wares and having little to do with the galaxy spanning worlds of man. Below, sunlight is sweeping across the surface; sunrise to those scattered inhabitants, a pool of shadow being pushed back across a green blue marble by a tide of light, from the ship's view.

It knows that these people have rejected the offers to join with the UWM.  And it knows, because it was told, that light hours away is an Altered armada, a wall of flesh ships sweeping across space; slamming mindlessly into any solid body and nesting upon it. It knows that no ships capable of evacuating these people are anywhere close enough to help. And it knows that this colony will hold back the Altered like tissue paper holds back the sea.  In fact, by the time their weak telescopes catch sight of the horde, they won't even have enough time to type up a distress message before the first ships impact. It is a cruel equation and it's conclusion is as inescapable as any natural law.

The ship doesn't even need to concentrate very hard; it's become much more capable over the years. One by one the colonies vanish in bright points of light and their signals vanish with them. It takes less then a minute. For a while it just watches as those point of white light spread out into yellow and orange; smoldering across the surface.

It loops from there.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim leaves to find the rest of the team.

Assuming he finds them... "The metal desk memory needs to stay."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno leaves the memory and reports the findings to the team.

Assuming no shenanigans happen: "Well, what do you think? The memory in which the ship's leaving for its 'exile' may be it, and the one we just watched seemed pretty meaningful."
>Yes?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"The burning memory could be a mercy killing, UWM retribution, treason, or a bored god, really. I don't know enough about the Altered to know whether burning that world was meaningful to halt their progress, though I understand from what I heard about Ivan that their condition is somehow transferable. The keyboard probably is the memory to delete, still."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We could split in groups now and watch the most suspicious memories to see if the ship tries to interact with them in any way."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 243