Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 431074 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Hm, failed intuition roll.))

Feyri checked the sleeves and pants length, satisfied that two things were in order: the measurements, and that she was quite sure there were no tracking devices on judging by Steve's answer.

"Steve," she speaks into the communicator, "What is your prediction on if the rioting will occur? This planet has seemingly gone through hell and back, and with the lack of basic necessities, I fear that the whole thing will utterly collapse. Any note on other reasons of the riots or the scorched earth campaign of a long time ago?"

Ask Steve. And then ask one of the servants. ((I'm still wondering if they're wearing plants..vivid imagination here. >_>))

"Excuse me, miss. Do you know where I could find out about the history of this area, or your people as a whole?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Edit: Or maybe they do and they're simply counting on the HMRC's tendency to fuck up near civilians to provide the spark required to ignite this powder keg.))
((I doubt it. That would be ignoring the HMRC's tendency to destroy every/things when they, as you so eloquently put it, fuck up.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"We were told that such things are the custom of your caste." She says, looking away from you.
Overhearing the conversation, Charles let out a quiet sigh that sounded like the noise that an upset deflating balloon would be expected to make.
"I can assure you that whatever they told you about our customs is highly inaccurate."
Charles quickly glances at his supposed teammates.
"In regards to most of them, at least."
Charles takes a uniform and inspects it.
Your uniform is much the same as the others, though fitted to you, obviously. You don't see anything overtly strange about it, at least beyond the fact that you're gonna be wearing what looks like some sort of weird festival costume.

Stacy continues his gentle singing as he moves about the area.

"~Sometimes I feel like bein' wispy, and once in a while I feel like bein' dry,
But we're doomed and we're drowned by this feeling we surround,
So I hope that I get old before I die!"

Search around the building while singing. What other facilities are within reach? Anything like a workbench? What about any tools? Also, ask someone around who isn't a teammate if there are any free aerosol cans around. Or better yet, some more powerful sprayer like one you'd use for pesticide spraying. There's a gardener around here someplace, isn't there?
You wander down stairs, singing like a minstrel with facial diarrhea, and walk directly into the messenger, who is standing in the common room at the bottom of the stairs.

"I trust the facilities are acceptable?" he tilts his head and looks behind you. "Where are the rest?"

"Still getting ready, I guess." You say, while dancing

"Yes, I suppose. They have several hours, though I did expect you to move as a unit."

You shrug.

"Where are you of to then?"

wait for people to stop crowding around the uniforms, then retrieve mine ((considering my tiny size, mine should be distinctive, even Grate is bigger than me I think)) and take it to my corner. inspect it for any hidden features, flaws, oddities, and design errors.
[intuition: 6+1+1]
"THE UNIFORM IS A GIANT SENTIENT SPACE PARASITE! EVERYTHING IS LIES! EVERYTHING IS LIES!"

You dive into the corner and begin scrawling borderline illegible things about aliens, goverment assassination squads, the secrets to immortality being hidden in every 666th box of Cracker jacks and the Doctor actually being a woman.

Lie back on a random bed and tap a stattaco rythmn against my head as I wait for the commencement of whatever we're doing.
Possibly begin to self-narrate self life. In one of those noir detective voices.

You lay down on one of the cushions and mine smoking a cigarette while monologuing to no one in particular.

"It was raining that day. Cold day on Rigel-4 when she stepped into my office and turned my quiet little world of self destruction upside down. I was half way down a bottle of scotch, head on the desk, when i see her shadow against the door. Flesher; you know the type. Rich girls who use daddy's money to finance synth-flesh rebellious phases. I could see the outline of the horns before she even touched the doorknob.

Angela. She looked like the holy mother; beautiful face, all fake and serene, like a porcelain statue. Too bad that face was ringed with ram horns and set on a neck that was just a bit too long and far too flexible. Couldn't see the rest, she was wearing a virosuit, but it didn't look quite right, even in that lose latexy stuff.

I wanted to tell her to get lost. That I was closed, washed up, too drunk to care. But something about that look in her eyes, those otherworldly eyes, made me sit up. Made me put the bottle down."

"Hey Steve," Faith said, typed, or otherwise attempted to communicate without anyone but Steve hearing. "Is the UWM sure they're on the right side of this thing? These guys hardly seem like the most efficient government you could ask for, and from the brief sound of it they might even be at a disadvantage against their own starving, unarmed populace."

Sedition.

>Be careful about the questions you ask. They may seem treasonous, if not spoken correctly.  For now, trust me, and do as they ask.

(( Sedition. Nice action. Now I want to know what PW would do if that was the only thing in your post :P
Was also intending to ask the girls about such a space, but no matter, information retrieved! 'bout how many 'turns' til noon? I recall that it's early morning at the moment?))

Examine the pre-programmed options! Try and figure out if it's possible to adjust them.
By preprogrammed options I mean that there is a keypad that lets you program in a route or action and load it up to be done automatically, rather then manually.

Analyze the uniform.
[intuition: 1]
You forget how pants work and spend several minutes examining your own genitals, wondering how you're gonna fit your legs into them.

((considering my tiny size, mine should be distinctive, even Grate is bigger than me I think))
((I suspect that I should check my teammates' character sheets' and/or mission histories at some point...))

"I want to call you by your name. What is you name?"
Continue to stubbornly attempt to be polite.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I was told not to say."

((Hm, failed intuition roll.))

Feyri checked the sleeves and pants length, satisfied that two things were in order: the measurements, and that she was quite sure there were no tracking devices on judging by Steve's answer.

"Steve," she speaks into the communicator, "What is your prediction on if the rioting will occur? This planet has seemingly gone through hell and back, and with the lack of basic necessities, I fear that the whole thing will utterly collapse. Any note on other reasons of the riots or the scorched earth campaign of a long time ago?"

Ask Steve. And then ask one of the servants. ((I'm still wondering if they're wearing plants..vivid imagination here. >_>))

"Excuse me, miss. Do you know where I could find out about the history of this area, or your people as a whole?"
No, they're not wearing plants. Pants.

>Thats the idea. Everything will be falling apart soon. It's your duty to protect the palace for the duration of this societal collapse so that the current government can reassert itself in the aftermath. Anything else is unimportant.

As per talking to that girl...well...something tells you that it's gonna be difficult to get anything out of any of these girls. Fear and religious convictions are a hard combination to shake.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...Okay...Um...you look kinda like a kitten, so I'll call you Kitten. Is that okay?
Unwittingly reference classic sci-fi. A cookie to whoever gets it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"*sigh* looks like I've got a new patient"
Charles tries to calm done Lyra.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"Ah, dear messenger, I would be glad to explain!" Stacy says, tapdancing intensely and with a great measure of excitement. "Do you know where I could acquire an empty chemical sprayer or, failing that, an empty perfume bottle? For that is what I am looking for! I require it for a probably harmless science experiment. If it works, I will be entirely amazed and pleasantly surprised at the same time. Could you point me in the direction of one or both of these things? I'll behave very nicely, I won't touch or even look at anything else on the way if you do."

Ask. If pointed in a direction or a particular place, say a polite thank you and tapdance over there and grab the requisite goods (chemical sprayer or perfume bottle, but preferably the latter). Then head back. If I am not pointed in a direction, ask why not and who might be more helpful. Then set off in search for said thing.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:46:49 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

((I think the Divine One is some sort of super powerful Altered or something, which is why we're supporting them. We're only holding off the hordes long enough for the guy to get off his ass and crush the rebellion by breathing harshly.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I think the Divine One is some sort of super powerful Altered or something, which is why we're supporting them. We're only holding off the hordes long enough for the guy to get off his ass and crush the rebellion by breathing harshly.))
((It's also possible that the Diving One is as physically powerful as the Pope.))
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((I'm sure this has come up before, but I've forgotten the answer.

What do synthflesh voices sound like?))

Faith sighed. Trusting Steve was... well, he didn't seem malicious, exactly, but...

Something about his words now seemed like he genuinely had something planned, though, or at least knew more than she did. Not that the latter would be difficult.

"Understood."

With little else to do for several hours, she walked over to one of their servants.

"Servant. I would like your honest opinion of me. I do not wish for you to lie or withhold information from me because you deem it inappropriate."

Harass servant.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((If I can't get a servant to tell me her name because it's not proper, you're not likely to succeed here.))
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((If I can't get a servant to tell me her name because it's not proper, you're not likely to succeed here.))
((She's not saying because she was told not to, not because it's not proper. It's likely they weren't given any specifics about their opinions of us beyond "they are your betters treat them with respect" or possibly "say nothing you're furniture."

What she's willing to say in spite of which instructions remains to be seen.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

PW! Lyra running around yelling? really? not cool. If that's the conclusion reached upon inspection - namely, that the uniform is a space monster, then I can work with that. but Lyra yelling? that doesn't happen.

"*sigh* looks like I've got a new patient"
Charles tries to calm done Lyra.
((I suggest that you RP that if you want to be taken seriously. I do not take kindly to being controlled through speech rolls.))

Walk back over to my uniform, pick it up at arm's length, keeping it far away from my body, and throw it at the Offensive, Controlling, Uninformed Man. watch him get eaten.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Sure, I'll RP. Lyra might not actually be yelling; since all-caps text can be seen as an increase in volume relative to the character's normal volume. Since Lyra is normally really quiet, you could just interpret that as Lyra speaking slightly more loudly than normal.))
"Uh... excuse me ma'am, why are you throwing your uniform around? I know it's a rather hideous piece but that's just overreacting. *sigh* If you suspect something is wrong with the uniform or if its been tampered with, please do inform the rest of us, I understand that certain people here aren't exactly the most trustworthy, myself included. However, we are a team and if we wish to survive, for better or worse, we'll have to communicate with each other. So ma'am, would you please tell me what you are screaming about?"
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:52:30 pm by Empiricist »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Given that overshots typically involve some element of success, there might be something wrong with the suits...maybe they're infested with alien moth larvae?))
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Not necessarily, people sometimes find philosophical meaning in random flora or view the entire mission as a metaphor for the nature of humanity.))
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 243