Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 430436 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

PW! Lyra running around yelling? really? not cool. If that's the conclusion reached upon inspection - namely, that the uniform is a space monster, then I can work with that. but Lyra yelling? that doesn't happen.
((Perhaps that was a mental scream? Like screaming inside your head, if that sentence makes sense. You know, hasn't there ever been a time when you wanted to scream and yet you couldn't, so you just compromised with imagining that you're screaming your thoughts?))
Walk back over to my uniform, pick it up at arm's length, keeping it far away from my body, and throw it at the Offensive, Controlling, Uninformed Man. watch him get eaten.
((Ever seen this scene? That's what this reminds me of.))
((Given that overshots typically involve some element of success, there might be something wrong with the suits...maybe they're infested with alien moth larvae?))
((I was thinking there might be something else that is also truthful about those statements, perhaps in a different context. Time will tell I guess...))
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 07:07:23 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

((Sure, I'll RP. Lyra might not actually be yelling; since all-caps text can be seen as an increase in volume relative to the character's normal volume. Since Lyra is normally really quiet, you could just interpret that as Lyra speaking slightly more loudly than normal.))
"Uh... excuse me ma'am, why are you throwing your uniform around? I know it's a rather hideous piece but that's just overreacting. *sigh* If you suspect something is wrong with the uniform or if its been tampered with, please do inform the rest of us, I understand that certain people here aren't exactly the most trustworthy, myself included. However, we are a team and if we wish to survive, for better or worse, we'll have to communicate with each other. So ma'am, would you please tell me what you are screaming about?"
((I prefer the sudden moment of clarity / mental scream theory, but thanks.))

Watch the uniform attempt to eat him. Ready my microwave amp to incinerate the thing after he realizes the problem but before it does any permanent damage.

EDIT: - for clarity

only use amp after the uniform attacks, and I really don't want to set my teammate on fire if I have a choice in the matter.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:57:07 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*sigh* This would be much quicker if you just explained what's wrong. I'm assuming this uniform has been tampered with judging by your behavior.
Charles drops the uniform and aims his rifle at it. Utilizing the electronic scope, he tries to examine it for anything unusual.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 07:37:10 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((Not necessarily, people sometimes find philosophical meaning in random flora or view the entire mission as a metaphor for the nature of humanity.))
((That's odd.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Okay, so when you say 'keypad for pre-programmed actions', I should think 'keyboard for programming the scout eye.' Alright, awesome.
Still need to obtain the API though, which is what I was after :P ))

Examine manual / controller for scout eye MORE! Specifically, what sort of actions can it be pre-programmed to take, how long can it scout, etc.

Head out to the courtyard, and attempt to make a program for the eye to slowly do one small (5ft-ish) circle, and then land. Do not execute. (yet)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Not necessarily, people sometimes find philosophical meaning in random flora or view the entire mission as a metaphor for the nature of humanity.))
((That's odd.))
((Yeah, it can vary quite a bit.))
Observe the Fauna to calculate the various species.
[Int roll:6] Clearly these are all very specially chosen flowers with deep metaphorical meanings. These red flowers here symbolize a loss of innocence, these blue ones here with the abandonment of faith, these yellow ones with alcoholism, and you're pretty sure this tree is Freudian. Yes, what an amazing art installation this is.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

PW! Lyra running around yelling? really? not cool. If that's the conclusion reached upon inspection - namely, that the uniform is a space monster, then I can work with that. but Lyra yelling? that doesn't happen.
[...]
@Emp:((I suggest that you RP that if you want to be taken seriously. I do not take kindly to being controlled through speech rolls.))
((I'm with the same comment. Sometimes PW doesn't RP the character's right, but glad that there's not enough exact detail there's always space for other details.

Also yes. Control through other's speech roll >_>))

((That's odd.))
((Actually this was one of my first thoughts on the mission, so its not. :P))

((Also, Noir voice! XD))

Feyri pouted. Her faceplate was up, and she was sure the woman could see her face through the visor. That, and she really wondered why the dress code for servants were purely pants.

Did these people have gender discrimination?

"You don't have to be timid around us, you know. I understand the customs of the area, but would like to know more about them--specifically regarding caste system and how they treat others: like servants, and the masses.

"What or how should you act when being addressed by security, or us, by the way?"

Oh I'm sure she would answer these questions. Not answering them is just rude, and I doubt any religious binding can stop any answer for these...

Inquire!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Continue idle noir daydream.
React disfavor ably should I be disturbed from it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You know, it would be hilarious if an intuition roll of 5 would reveal that nothing's wrong with the uniforms and that PW was just screwing with us  :P))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

>Be careful about the questions you ask. They may seem treasonous, if not spoken correctly.  For now, trust me, and do as they ask.
Faith froze for a moment, then glanced down at her body.

"...Sorry. I guess I don't know enough about this place to make judgements," Faith mumbled quietly back to Steve.

Then it was back to questioning the servant girl.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 12:24:26 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"...Okay...Um...you look kinda like a kitten, so I'll call you Kitten. Is that okay?
Unwittingly reference classic sci-fi. A cookie to whoever gets it.
(sounds like something from the Hubbard library.)

"Whatever you desire." She says, continuing not to make eye contact.

"*sigh* looks like I've got a new patient"
Charles tries to calm done Lyra.
[speech:3+1]
[lyra will:5]
Lyra's mind is too tough for you to crack. Or maybe just too stubborn.

"A fascinating case of self perpetuated delusions. Yes, yes, I may just get a book deal out of this..."

"Ah, dear messenger, I would be glad to explain!" Stacy says, tapdancing intensely and with a great measure of excitement. "Do you know where I could acquire an empty chemical sprayer or, failing that, an empty perfume bottle? For that is what I am looking for! I require it for a probably harmless science experiment. If it works, I will be entirely amazed and pleasantly surprised at the same time. Could you point me in the direction of one or both of these things? I'll behave very nicely, I won't touch or even look at anything else on the way if you do."

Ask. If pointed in a direction or a particular place, say a polite thank you and tapdance over there and grab the requisite goods (chemical sprayer or perfume bottle, but preferably the latter). Then head back. If I am not pointed in a direction, ask why not and who might be more helpful. Then set off in search for said thing.
"One of the groundskeepers may have a spare chemical sprayer. Their huts are along this path. Take a left at the large tree and head forward until you see a triangular wooden hut with a brown roof."

You tap dance your gratitude and head out. [int:1+1] You promptly forget your directions and end up standing at the first fork in the road, scratching your chin and chewing your lip, completely unsure where to go.

((I'm sure this has come up before, but I've forgotten the answer.

What do synthflesh voices sound like?))

Faith sighed. Trusting Steve was... well, he didn't seem malicious, exactly, but...

Something about his words now seemed like he genuinely had something planned, though, or at least knew more than she did. Not that the latter would be difficult.

"Understood."

With little else to do for several hours, she walked over to one of their servants.

"Servant. I would like your honest opinion of me. I do not wish for you to lie or withhold information from me because you deem it inappropriate."

Harass servant.
They sound somewhat like your old voice, but better.

The servant glances at you and then looks away.

"You are quite frightening." She mutters.

"*sigh* looks like I've got a new patient"
Charles tries to calm done Lyra.
((I suggest that you RP that if you want to be taken seriously. I do not take kindly to being controlled through speech rolls.))

Walk back over to my uniform, pick it up at arm's length, keeping it far away from my body, and throw it at the Offensive, Controlling, Uninformed Man. watch him get eaten.

You grab your uniform and huck it at Charles. It slaps him in the face like a wet towel, wrapping around his head before slipping down and falling to the ground. Charles seems rather nonplussed but this whole thing. Or rather he seems rather distracted, muttering something about a book deal.

*sigh* This would be much quicker if you just explained what's wrong. I'm assuming this uniform has been tampered with judging by your behavior.
Charles drops the uniform and aims his rifle at it. Utilizing the electronic scope, he tries to examine it for anything unusual.
You sigh as the uniform slides off you and lands on the ground, jingling with the hidden fish scale armor inside it. You unsling your rifle and examine the uniform through the scope.
[intuition:1]
Yep, thats an alien parasite alright. You can tell by how it's completely identical to fabric. You join Lyra in the corner.

((Sure, I'll RP. Lyra might not actually be yelling; since all-caps text can be seen as an increase in volume relative to the character's normal volume. Since Lyra is normally really quiet, you could just interpret that as Lyra speaking slightly more loudly than normal.))
"Uh... excuse me ma'am, why are you throwing your uniform around? I know it's a rather hideous piece but that's just overreacting. *sigh* If you suspect something is wrong with the uniform or if its been tampered with, please do inform the rest of us, I understand that certain people here aren't exactly the most trustworthy, myself included. However, we are a team and if we wish to survive, for better or worse, we'll have to communicate with each other. So ma'am, would you please tell me what you are screaming about?"
((I prefer the sudden moment of clarity / mental scream theory, but thanks.))

Watch the uniform attempt to eat him. Ready my microwave amp to incinerate the thing after he realizes the problem but before it does any permanent damage.

EDIT: - for clarity

only use amp after the uniform attacks, and I really don't want to set my teammate on fire if I have a choice in the matter.
The Parasite appears to be dormant...clever thing. Luckily you seem to have the controlling man on your side now. Or rather, In your corner.

(( Okay, so when you say 'keypad for pre-programmed actions', I should think 'keyboard for programming the scout eye.' Alright, awesome.
Still need to obtain the API though, which is what I was after :P ))

Examine manual / controller for scout eye MORE! Specifically, what sort of actions can it be pre-programmed to take, how long can it scout, etc.

Head out to the courtyard, and attempt to make a program for the eye to slowly do one small (5ft-ish) circle, and then land. Do not execute. (yet)

The programmable actions seem fairly simple; mostly just stringing together different kinds of movements with timers or distance traveled checks. Move forward 10 feet, wait 30 seconds, move up 50 feet, wait 10 seconds, etc.

You head out to the courtyard and attempt to program in a simple circular path.
[aux:3+1+1]
You program in a perfect, gentle circular path for it to follow.

[...]
@Emp:((I suggest that you RP that if you want to be taken seriously. I do not take kindly to being controlled through speech rolls.))
((I'm with the same comment. Sometimes PW doesn't RP the character's right, but glad that there's not enough exact detail there's always space for other details.

Also yes. Control through other's speech roll >_>))

((That's odd.))
((Actually this was one of my first thoughts on the mission, so its not. :P))

((Also, Noir voice! XD))

Feyri pouted. Her faceplate was up, and she was sure the woman could see her face through the visor. That, and she really wondered why the dress code for servants were purely pants.

Did these people have gender discrimination?

"You don't have to be timid around us, you know. I understand the customs of the area, but would like to know more about them--specifically regarding caste system and how they treat others: like servants, and the masses.

"What or how should you act when being addressed by security, or us, by the way?"

Oh I'm sure she would answer these questions. Not answering them is just rude, and I doubt any religious binding can stop any answer for these...

Inquire!
"Servants are treated as servants. We are beneath you. Your desires are our desires and we wish nothing but to serve you. All those beneath you are considered your servants. The brown serves the black and silver."

Continue idle noir daydream.
React disfavor ably should I be disturbed from it.

"She was on the run. Aren't they always? Dames, more trouble then they're worth, and this one was worth a hell of a lot. She told me that she had found her way onto the shitlist of a fleshdealer, a guy by the name of Okley. I knew him. Fleshing wasn't his only racket. He had a half dozen fixes from rigging the death matches to shipping in Mindrot. He owned half the colony, legally or otherwise, and wasn't the type of man to go up against if you like breathing. And I still liked breathing, even if it was through a haze of bluesmoke and scotch.

I asked her what was in it for me, 'sides a long walk across the surface without a space suit..."

>Be careful about the questions you ask. They may seem treasonous, if not spoken correctly.  For now, trust me, and do as they ask.
Faith froze for a moment, then glanced down at her body.

"...Sorry. I guess I don't know enough about this place to make judgements," Faith mumbled quietly back to Steve.

Then it was back to questioning the servant girl.

>Good. We'll talk more about this later, but for now, be on your best behavior.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Stacy quickly pirouettes back to the messenger.

"Excuse me, dear messenger, sorry to trouble you and such, but could you repeat those directions to the groundskeeper, please? I'm afraid I forgot them. It's what I do, you see. I forget things all the time. I'll write them down this time, just in case. Sorry again, really."

Ask for directions from messenger once more. If he agrees to help, jot them down accurately. Then follow said directions to what is hopefully a groundskeeper's hut. When destination is reached, either find a groundskeeper and ask him or her about borrowing a sprayer or, if none are around, search for one in the hut and around it. If a chemical sprayer is obtained, return to glorious HMRC clubhouse. If chemical sprayer is not obtained, reflect on own Heretical ineptitude.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 03:51:49 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

...Right. Years of influence, of slavery. Darn goodness are they stuck with this notion.

Feyri nodded as the woman told of herself and what she defined herself as. It was distressing..and disconcerting how she said it with a straight face, albeit not looking directly at her.

The culture also seems to be firmly ingrained in their mannerisms.

"How shall I address you? As a servant, or as your real name? Because if the latter, then my order onto you is that you let me call you by your real name. Next, what is the time of day now? Afterwards, where are the commons? That's our destination."

Perhaps keeping it in brevity would help...

Address servant, inquire and ask.

"How do you feel about yourself? And this is an interrogative order, not a request."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

(sounds like something from the Hubbard library.)
((I assume that's a good guess, but wrong.
Anyone else want to try and guess?))

"Okay. Will you be here later?"
After she answers, go over to where the parasite theorists are.
"What are you doing?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'll be using a green glow to indicate radio communication to the rest of the team.))
Charles paled. ohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshit
"Damnit... I could've sworn I saw something there. Attention all HMRC units, I suspect these uniforms may have been tampered with or otherwise sabotaged. Please carefully inspect them before putting them on. I think I saw some sort of organic contamination on it... or is the entire uniform the contaminant..."
Charles keeps his rifle aimed at the uniform, trying to examine the physiology of the parasite.
((Well, looks like the delusion is also pathogenic :P))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 03:52:57 pm by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 243