Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 426690 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

ER WIKI
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Einsteinian_Roulette_Wiki

'

Jim wakes up first, not to the familiar gooey world of a Stasis pod but to a bright white room. He sits up and looks around. He's sitting on a metal slab or gurney of some sort, dressed in a white shirt and pants that are almost like scrubs. The room is a sterile white cuboid, 15 feet on each side, with a large one way mirror taking up the upper half of one wall. There aren't any obvious doors or entryways, just flat, featureless walls.

Jim swings his feet off the gurney and begins waking up the rest of the team, who are similarly dressed and positioned on their own Gurneys next to him. Once they're all on their feet and nervously looking around a voice cuts in over a hidden PA speaker.

"How are we all feeling this morning?"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:20:11 am by piecewise »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The same way as always." Milno answers with a smirk, starting to look around curiously, wondering if that was the mission location or if the mindfuckery had already started somehow before they were given any fair warning. Sincerely, he would not be surprised if that was the case.

Close eyes, concentrate and check if this reality is already an illusion.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 06:23:50 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Good! Life is beautiful and 'Corps service keeps being interesting. Maurice replied with a bright smile.
Look in the mirror. Check stubble and hair growth to determine how long have I been unconscious and out of stasis.
Oh, and check for new scars while I'm at it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 04:19:12 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

((PTW))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"How am I feeling?" "How should I know?" "you're me!" "So are you, wiseass" "You are so unhelpful" "sue me"
"Just peachy. What, no coffee?"

examine the gurneys, examine myslef in the mirrror, then lick the mirror

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"Hum, not really different from the usual. At least I've got no reason to swear."

Stand up and stretch a bit.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Fine, I suppose," Jim said, examining himself and his surroundings. Did his shirt have holes for all four arms?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

(( Uh oh. I think I have an idea what is going on here.
Remember those different ways of augmenting one's stats (exoskeleton and gene therapy to increase muscle mass and bones strength, brain upgrades leading to higher speed of thought and intelligence capacity, etc.)? Remember that one which was unavailable, with perhaps a prototype going on in Faith's head?
I think they are going to test willpower augmentation processes they've developed since then and just applied to us. Stress-test, that is. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(...Shit, that's actually plausible. Well, here's hoping we all survive and get something nifty if you're right.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

(On the bright side, this is the 10th mission, right? So someone might be able to go home?)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

(On the bright side, this is the 10th mission, right? So someone might be able to go home?)
((No, this is actually mission 9 for these guys- we just have two mission 9s with different members.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((No, this is actually mission 9 for these guys- we just have two mission 9s with different members.))
(Oh. Oops.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

(Oh. Oops.)
((Plus, nobody's even close to having been on every single mission so far, and one of those missions was a failure so it doesn't count towards your total.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"The same way as always." Milno answers with a smirk, starting to look around curiously, wondering if that was the mission location or if the mindfuckery had already started somehow before they were given any fair warning. Sincerely, he would not be surprised if that was the case.

Close eyes, concentrate and check if this reality is already an illusion.
Seems real enough. If it's an illusion its not one you can break.

Good! Life is beautiful and 'Corps service keeps being interesting. Maurice replied with a bright smile.
Look in the mirror. Check stubble and hair growth to determine how long have I been unconscious and out of stasis.
Oh, and check for new scars while I'm at it.

Well you don't grow hair while in stasis; stasis stops all biological functions. But you do have something new: Someone has implanted nerve terminal nodes like those that Avatar pilots use in your arms, legs and back. The same has been done for everyone, at least everyone who is still human; Jim doesn't have any; but maybe thats because he's technically a brain in a jar.

"How am I feeling?" "How should I know?" "you're me!" "So are you, wiseass" "You are so unhelpful" "sue me"
"Just peachy. What, no coffee?"

examine the gurneys, examine myslef in the mirrror, then lick the mirror
The mirror is a good 7 and a half feet in the air, so licking is difficult. You have been outfitted with the same Nerve Terminals, but otherwise are unchanged. The gurneys look like this:

"Hum, not really different from the usual. At least I've got no reason to swear."

Stand up and stretch a bit.
You stretch and rub the new terminals in your arms. They're still sore; probably implanted recently.

"Fine, I suppose," Jim said, examining himself and his surroundings. Did his shirt have holes for all four arms?
Your shirt is more of a tank top to deal with your multiple arms. You're unchanged, unlike your teammates, and the room is just as barren and white as it was a moment ago.

"Ah, good. Looks like we have no vegetables. Now then; are there any among you that have use with any of the biochemistry amps or have experience with direct neural connections to other conscious beings?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"No on the amps, but I did consider buying one. As for neural connections, on the third mission I was on I was infected with could only be described as living sound of alien origin, which I passed on to a teammate against my will. On the second mission I was on, I entered some strange area that placed me into what I believe is someone's memory of a farm. Do either of those qualify?" Jim asked, folding his four arms behind his back and looking at the mirror.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 243